ADVERTISEMENT

Calling on HROT Weber kettle grill masters

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
I decided to return to my roots for grilling and have acquired a good old weber kettle. Got the 26 incher for plenty of indirect zones. Have the semi-circle charcoal holders (slow n sear or something like that), as well of the vortex. I call upon you for ideas to christen it this weekend as well as best charcoal for this apparatus. Was thinking just old school burgers and brats, but steak/onion/mushroom skewers seem to be calling my name. What say you (other than fresh seafood which really is not an option here)?

Reactions: TJ8869
If you’ve got a good cast iron skillet, get some B&B charcoal, get it screaming hot and make some smashburgers. And if you haven’t already done so, get some GrillGrates.

Reactions: Tenacious E
The best use for a charcoal grill is to put it next to a gas or pellet grill and let it go unused for years. Mentioning of it only when guests are over that you like to use it for specialities.

• Sad
Reactions: The Tradition
The best use for a charcoal grill is to put it next to a gas or pellet grill and let it go unused for years. Mentioning of it only when guests are over that you like to use it for specialities.
I have both of those items. This is a return to my roots. My gut tells me to go with my strength, which would be the skewers noted above.

Reactions: goldmom and TJ8869
If you’ve got a good cast iron skillet, get some B&B charcoal, get it screaming hot and make some smashburgers. And if you haven’t already done so, get some GrillGrates.
Good idea but I have the blackstone for smash burgers. I am going for the charcoal charred/smoked thing today.

Reactions: TJ8869
anigif_how-was-this-not-included-1873-1377631492-24.gif

Some foods cook well on a gas grill, imo, but others end up missing something. Kind of like some songs if you take away one of the background instruments. You don't really realize it's there until it's not.

Some foods cook well on a gas grill, imo, but others end up missing something. Kind of like some songs if you take away one of the background instruments. You don't really realize it's there until it's not.
Gas grills definitely have their purpose. The carne asada that Sam cooked in that video was cooked on his Rockwell gas grill. Honestly, it probably would be a waste of charcoal to cook such thin steaks for such a short time unless you were also cooking something else on the grill at the same time.

Reactions: BioHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT