ADVERTISEMENT

Cam lard

Ain't there still time for that? Or am I wrong?

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-quote-1.jpg

Honestly folks these are 18 and 19 year old kids. 1/2 of them have smoked pot. Maybe more. It ain't no thing.

I don’t care if he smokes pot. I care that the register can run multiple articles on a pissing match within kirks homeowners association but yet they don’t report actual real news, Particularly when there had already been similar rumors attached to this kid.

I don’t care if he smokes pot. I care that the register can run multiple articles on a pissing match within kirks homeowners association but yet they don’t report actual real news, Particularly when there had already been similar rumors attached to this kid.
And the headline for a student that changed his grades at Iowa is"former wrestler." Now that is, I think, from the PCitizen, which is owned by the same corp.,and shares stories with its big brother, but the kid was much more a former than wrestler. But as for Lard, where was the Ames paper? You mean it doesn't scour the arrest records like happens in IC?

And the headline for a student that changed his grades at Iowa is"former wrestler." Now that is, I think, from the PCitizen, which is owned by the same corp.,and shares stories with its big brother, but the kid was much more a former than wrestler. But as for Lard, where was the Ames paper? You mean it doesn't scour the arrest records like happens in IC?

He wasn't arrested, probably how it fell through the cracks, but yes I'm surprised.

Lard’s incident, first reported Wednesday by the Ames Tribune, happened on Feb. 4 when he was stopped for speeding on Mortensen Road, according to online documents.

Ames Police Commander Geoff Huff told the Register Wednesday, the officer that pulled Lard over “smelled an odor of burnt marijuana coming from inside the vehicle.”
Huff said Lard consented to a search of the car, which turned up a glass pipe with residue in it, in the passenger-side console of the back seat. Lard was the only person in the car, according to Huff.

So what did happen, Officer Cydkar.

Lard’s incident, first reported Wednesday by the Ames Tribune, happened on Feb. 4 when he was stopped for speeding on Mortensen Road, according to online documents.

Ames Police Commander Geoff Huff told the Register Wednesday, the officer that pulled Lard over “smelled an odor of burnt marijuana coming from inside the vehicle.”
Huff said Lard consented to a search of the car, which turned up a glass pipe with residue in it, in the passenger-side console of the back seat. Lard was the only person in the car, according to Huff.

So what did happen, Officer Cydkar.
If he was under the influence why wasn't he charged? I've not read any reports of that, so I don't know, but I heard he was charged for paraphernalia. That's a significant difference.

I don't have a problem with somebody being high, but if he's driving, I do. I'd like to think he'd be charged if he was.

Reactions: KisteK
Same punishment as DUI on a moped, I guess.
Wasn't Jok suspended indefinitely at the time of the announcement? Didn't he have to complete a class, license suspended, and go to jail for some time for blowing a .082 on a moped, lol. If so, is Prohm saying "no" and ISU athletics hiding the arrest, the same punishment?

If he was under the influence why wasn't he charged? I've not read any reports of that, so I don't know, but I heard he was charged for paraphernalia. That's a significant difference.

I don't have a problem with somebody being high, but if he's driving, I do. I'd like to think he'd be charged if he was.
If the officer did his job correctly, which I'm not sure he did, he should have asked to test Lard at the scene, in light of the overwhelming evidence. If he didn't do this, the officer may have given him the pass because of his status.

Reactions: onionman1
How many games did he miss?
None, which I'm guessing is the same that Lard will get considering ISU athletics didn't do anything at the time of the incident. If you aren't able to connect the timelines here and see how the two cases were immediately handled differently, then you clearly aren't wanting to connect the timelines. If you are only talking about how this affects them on the bball court, then you truly aren't seeing the big picture. I assumed, when you said same punishment, you were talking about the big picture, but should have known as an ISU fan, you only care what happens on the court.

None, which I'm guessing is the same that Lard will get considering ISU athletics didn't do anything at the time of the incident. If you aren't able to connect the timelines here and see how the two cases were immediately handled differently, then you clearly aren't wanting to connect the timelines. If you are only talking about how this affects them on the bball court, then you truly aren't seeing the big picture. I assumed, when you said same punishment, you were talking about the big picture, but should have known as an ISU fan, you only care what happens on the court.

As a normal person, I guess I don't care too much that a college kid got caught with a pipe in his car. You seem to think this is on par with driving drunk, but I think that's just the Hawk fan in you talking.

As a normal person, I guess I don't care too much that a college kid got caught with a pipe in his car. You seem to think this is on par with driving drunk, but I think that's just the Hawk fan in you talking.
Having illegal drugs and speeding in a 4000 pound car, is worse than driving drunk on a 400 pound moped. You are not a normal person.

You’re generalizing on purpose to make things sound better, and using an example from 4 years ago to make you feel better. Just stop and go away, you sound idiotic.

Having illegal drugs and speeding in a 4000 pound car, is worse than driving drunk on a 400 pound moped. You are not a normal person.

Oh, I missed the part about him having drugs. I just heard he had a pipe. Oh, and I'm sure you never speed because that is very dangerous. Good talk, fellas. I hope your boys stay our of trouble this off-season. Hate to see any tough-justice talk come back and bite you.

You’re generalizing on purpose to make things sound better, and using an example from 4 years ago to make you feel better. Just stop and go away, you sound idiotic.

Yeah, and all of your outrage about an opposing player getting caught with a pipe sounds really smart. Anyway, I'll see myself out...

Oh, I missed the part about him having drugs. I just heard he had a pipe. Oh, and I'm sure you never speed because that is very dangerous. Good talk, fellas. I hope your boys stay our of trouble this off-season. Hate to see any tough-justice talk come back and bite you.
Yes, everyone sprays their cars with the fragrance of Marijuana nowadays, it's the new thing. Not a normal person. Lard was suspended last year for a few games, what was that for? Hmm.

Reactions: HerkyFan

Yeah, and all of your outrage about an opposing player getting caught with a pipe sounds really smart. Anyway, I'll see myself out...
Playing stupid, solid approach. Or, maybe you’re just stupid.

Reactions: anon_gjzkhykcp9iuj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT