ADVERTISEMENT

Campbell, LaPorta and Merriweather Set to Attend 2022 Big Ten Media Days

I can't judge anything that isn't shown off the field as I'm not behind the scenes.
I'd say moss clearly has a great head on his shoulders when he prioritizes his time towards football and the team over money. Sounds like a great leader to me?
It's a good problem when there are a lot of players who could represent the program well.

This is absolutely no knock on Moss.

Furthermore, you could add that evolution of Moss's play on the field has been quite exception ... from when he was a TR FR to today.

It's a good problem when there are a lot of players who could represent the program well.

This is absolutely no knock on Moss.

Furthermore, you could add that evolution of Moss's play on the field has been quite exception ... from when he was a TR FR to today.
I would agree with this. The number of players, particularly on the defensive side of the ball that you could argue deserve to be included in this group has grown substantially over previous years. The fact that a first team All BIG and All American player isn't included this year says a lot about the quality of player that Iowa's defensive roster holds today. I hope we see the same "problem" on the offensive side of the ball in the years to come.

Reactions: unclesammy
I would agree with this. The number of players, particularly on the defensive side of the ball that you could argue deserve to be included in this group has grown substantially over previous years. The fact that a first team All BIG and All American player isn't included this year says a lot about the quality of player that Iowa's defensive roster holds today. I hope we see the same "problem" on the offensive side of the ball in the years to come.
I think that there is a lot to be optimistic about concerning the future (development) of our offensive personnel. I expect really good things out of guys like Arland Bruce, Keagan Johnson, Gavin Williams (among other possible RBs), Luke Lachey, Mason Richman, and Connor Colby.

It will be interesting to see how the aforementioned guys develop ... and it will be fun to see what "new names" emerge.

Reactions: BBHawk and littlez
I think that there is a lot to be optimistic about concerning the future (development) of our offensive personnel. I expect really good things out of guys like Arland Bruce, Keagan Johnson, Gavin Williams (among other possible RBs), Luke Lachey, Mason Richman, and Connor Colby.

It will be interesting to see how the aforementioned guys develop ... and it will be fun to see what "new names" emerge.
I sure hope so. We need all the help we can get on that side of the ball, particularly on the oline. If we don't see significant improvement there it won't allow for much improvement production-wise for anyone else.

I can't judge anything that isn't shown off the field as I'm not behind the scenes.
I'd say moss clearly has a great head on his shoulders when he prioritizes his time towards football and the team over money. Sounds like a great leader to me?
Then why intervene in the conversation if you don't know what goes on behind the scenes? Especially about Merriweather?

I don't think they did any or all of the I club gatherings this summer like they usually did in the past either. I don't recall seeing any notice for one locally as in the past.
Why…recruiting has changed…more relevant, TV cash has minimized fans $…both for butts in seats and the banquets with mostly small donors

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Sad that we think skin color sets diversity.
Whatever you think of it, other coaches are using what happened in summer 20 and the impending racial discrimination case to recruit against us. If you think that sending 3 white players at this time would be a good look and wouldn't matter to our black players and recruits then I'm very glad you have nothing to do with the leadership of this program.

Why…recruiting has changed…more relevant, TV cash has minimized fans $…both for butts in seats and the banquets with mostly small donors
That’s what I assumed. Maybe they still use covid as an excuse I don’t know. But I didn’t see a thing in the mail this summer regarding any local I club events.

Then why intervene in the conversation if you don't know what goes on behind the scenes? Especially about Merriweather?
Why talk about half of what gets me tuoned here because we all make tons of assumptions?
You think moss isn't a big team guy?

Whatever you think of it, other coaches are using what happened in summer 20 and the impending racial discrimination case to recruit against us. If you think that sending 3 white players at this time would be a good look and wouldn't matter to our black players and recruits then I'm very glad you have nothing to do with the leadership of this program.
This is the most logical answer. I counted roughly 39 African American players on the Iowa roster (I could be off by 1 or 2). There are quite a few players who would be good to go to media days other than the ones who are going. Just off the top of my head -- Noah Shannon, Jestin Jacobs (one of 10 most-draftable LB's according to PFF), Waggoner, Moss, Pottebaum, Petras, Ragaini, Tory Taylor.

The 3 guys selected will be good ambassadors.

So you think moss isn't deserving. Cool good for you. I completely disagree....

Most of us know why.
Didn’t say that. You said trying not to look racist is actually racist, which of course makes no sense. I never said 1 word about Moss not being deserving. He’s a helluva player. As others on here have said, especially posters I respect like @DodgerHawki, Merriweather is possibly the most respected member of the team. You want to make it about race(which you already have) go ahead. I’m done with that.

Reactions: cm8124 and Ree4
Michigan and Minnesota are taking 4 players?
Fleck and Harbaugh have to constantly show that they are a “players coach”. They think bringing one more player than everyone else proves they each love their players more.

Everything Fleck does is about appearance.

Reactions: nbanflfactory
Didn’t say that. You said trying not to look racist is actually racist, which of course makes no sense. I never said 1 word about Moss not being deserving. He’s a helluva player. As others on here have said, especially posters I respect like @DodgerHawki, Merriweather is possibly the most respected member of the team. You want to make it about race(which you already have) go ahead. I’m done with that.
Possibly the most respected? And how on earth do you know that?
Although I guess anyone "possibly" could be.

It is most likely about race, period! Do you really think that the staff would send 3 white players even if they were most deserving? If you do, you're clueless.

Still the race discussion? Jeesh!

3 great representatives. The staff doesn't usually take the 3 most decorated players. The 3 chosen more than merit it. End of story.

Reactions: Ree4 and littlez
Possibly the most respected? And how on earth do you know that?
Although I guess anyone "possibly" could be.

It is most likely about race, period! Do you really think that the staff would send 3 white players even if they were most deserving? If you do, you're clueless.
It’s race for you. Go to bed you crazy bastard.

It wasnt that long ago when people were bitching non stop about how bad Moss was when he started as a freshman, look how far he's come!

ADVERTISEMENT