ADVERTISEMENT

Camping for tailgating

BrunoMars420

HB Legend
Feb 14, 2016
Who here camps when they go tailgating for football? Buying a Travel Trailer and thought this was a fantastic idea to do as I want to go to a lot of stadiums around the nation. If they allow Travel trailers to park and chill in the parking lot for a couple of days that would be ideal but planned on finding the nearest campground/place to boondocks then just tailgate out of my truck at the stadium

Reactions: Pinehawk
Who here camps when they go tailgating for football? Buying a Travel Trailer and thought this was a fantastic idea to do as I want to go to a lot of stadiums around the nation. If they allow Travel trailers to park and chill in the parking lot for a couple of days that would be ideal but planned on finding the nearest campground/place to boondocks then just tailgate out of my truck at the stadium
Did it when we visited Oklahoma. Rather enjoyed it. The game sucked, but I enjoyed the tailgating.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Been too busy with kids last few years, but we'd always go camp at Cottonwood/Tailwater outside IC before games.

Some stadiums have places outside the stadium you can park. Penn State and Illinois for example. Others, like Iowa, you have to be a donor. At the first it’s cool. At the other it’s like a hotel.

Camping while tailgating sounds like an awesome plan. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm all in for the idea.

Travel trailers can give you the flexibility to roam and catch those epic games. I'm a camping fan myself and manage a trip with my fam every few months.

Just last week, we hit up Cedar Breeze RV Park after checking out things to do in Homosassa - we had a blast!

Last edited:
Purdue has a nice set up for campers near the football stadium,.. If I remember correctly they run shuttle buses to and from the game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT