ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone tell me what exactly the GOP is running on?

Huey Grey

HR King
Jan 15, 2013
Beyond just attacking Hillary? Maybe I'm missing it, but they seem very light on solutions for the actual problems of our country these days.

Beyond just attacking Hillary? Maybe I'm missing it, but they seem very light on solutions for the actual problems of our country these days.

Fear of a non white USA. That is all the gop has to offer any more.

All the candidates are using the talk but don't say anything strategy right now.

Jindal needs to get a Michael Jackson for his skin. Then, I bet he'd get the support.

d1aed923504c269abe0fce2e5b25657f.jpg

That they aren't Hillary, which might be enough.
I for one am very interested to see how issues like immigration, health care, and engagement with countries like China, Iran and Russia are handled. With such a large, diverse group of candidates there will be some zesty debates.
The knives are going to come out very soon.

So far, those who have laid out ideas appear to be basing their platforms on "Pro-growth Economics."

Jeb has stated this clearly, Christie has laid out a pro-growth economic program as well, and even Rubio considers his tax plan to be pro-growth ... although it is not quite as strong as the others. Bobby Jindal is really strong on this issue as are John Kasich and Rick Perry. Most of the others: less so.

What is "Pro-growth economics?"

It is built around smaller government, a lighter tax load, free trade, and a much lighter regulatory hand.

Very basic actually! ... and crystal clear if anyone ever decided to either listen or to bone up on Economics.

Of course there is the foreign policy nonsense. Republicans are mostly for creating some stability in the world ... How they will go about this varies, but stability is the basic idea.

Last edited:
As opposed to the fear of actually getting you and your liberal friends to stop shooting each other? Minorities make up most of the violence in this country. Yet, it's okay if they kill each other right Jscott?

Are you really concerned about the other colors of people in the US Jscott? Or do you just not have the courage to do anything about it?

So far, those who have laid out ideas appear to be basing their platforms on "Pro-growth Economics."

Jeb has stated this clearly, Christie has laid out a pro-growth economic program as well, and even Rubio considers his tax plan to be pro-growth ... although it is not quite as strong as the others. Bobby Jindal is really strong on this issue and so is Rick Perry. Most of the others: less so.

It is built around smaller government, a lighter tax load, free trade, and a much lighter regulatory hand.

Very basic actually! ... and crystal clear if anyone ever decided to either listen or to bone up on Economics.

Of course there is the foreign policy nonsense. Republicans are mostly for creating some stability in the world ... How they will go about this varies, but stability is the basic idea.

Used to be called Trickle Down. It is what it is.

Most are running on a war with Iran, but I'm pretty sure we can get that with Hill too.
Obama is above killing foreign folks? Or US citizens on foreign soil even?

See why I pointed out why that most of you are actually cowards? You'll bitch up a storm about certain problems, but only when you can do it in a way that keeps your hands clean.

The only other thing you can do, is NOT bitch about things and accept them correct?

As opposed to the fear of actually getting you and your liberal friends to stop shooting each other? Minorities make up most of the violence in this country. Yet, it's okay if they kill each other right Jscott?

Are you really concerned about the other colors of people in the US Jscott? Or do you just not have the courage to do anything about it?

And you think, like all conservatives do, that this mass social movement will suddenly sweep the country and the problems of inner cities and out of wedlock births will be a thing of the past. That's the no govt. approach to solving these sorts of problems and it doesn't cost republicans one thin dime.

Well maybe if your liberal rapping buddies would quit spending millions on drugs and BS, we would all be good. You do realize that people like Kanye, Jordan, Lebron, Obama, Sharpton, etc. all represent the 1% correct? Have they gave any of their money to you and your broke arse?

Pejoratives aside, you get trickle down whether Jeb is President or Obama is President. The benefit can trickle from the private economy or from the government economy.

One results in actual overall growth; the other in redistribution of what we already have.

And you think, like all conservatives do, that this mass social movement will suddenly sweep the country and the problems of inner cities and out of wedlock births will be a thing of the past. That's the no govt. approach to solving these sorts of problems and it doesn't cost republicans one thin dime.

These problems don't start from up high. They start from the roots. You can't count on the leaves to nourish the roots. They won't do it, they will simply use the roots to keep them up high.

Do you disagree that you losing 30% of your money, AT LEAST, to the government may have cause problems with your financial happiness?

Most of it goes to war, and welfare.

Jeb has stated this clearly, Christie has laid out a pro-growth economic program as well, and even Rubio considers his tax plan to be pro-growth ... although it is not quite as strong as the others. Bobby Jindal is really strong on this issue and so is Rick Perry. Most of the others: less so.

Interesting. Thank you for the info. I'm not sure how well this will play-out with the public, though. More tax cuts for the rich, less programs for the poor, and doing less for the people might be a tough sell. And it still doesn't address things like healthcare, equality, and the income gap. Perhaps when we were still in a recession, this platform might have been an easy sell. But the economy continues to get stronger. And that recovery will make it difficult to convince the voter to try a totally different economic strategy.

Obama is above killing foreign folks? Or US citizens on foreign soil even?

See why I pointed out why that most of you are actually cowards? You'll bitch up a storm about certain problems, but only when you can do it in a way that keeps your hands clean.

The only other thing you can do, is NOT bitch about things and accept them correct?
I try to accept you, but really there's a lot to bitch about.

I try to accept you, but really there's a lot to bitch about.
Well the thing is though, is that I don't think you really care about anything to be honest. I think your morals are only as strong as the situation calls for. Lost at the first sign of trouble.
Your statement sounds like a micro aggression is that allowed?
Wouldn't matter if it wasn't. I welcome chaos and lovingly accept it for it's unpredictable beauty. Natural is a wing man, but he'll never be my fellow warrior.

Well the thing is though, is that I don't think you really care about anything to be honest. I think your morals are only as strong as the situation calls for. Lost at the first sign of trouble.

Wouldn't matter if it wasn't. I welcome chaos and lovingly accept it for it's unpredictable beauty. Natural is a wing man, but he'll never be my fellow warrior.
Go get em tiger
Screen-shot-2013-01-16-at-22.47.59.png

Pretty much boiler plate stuff so far. What's Hillary running on other than identity politics, fear and dividing the county along race, gender and class lines?

Go get em tiger
Screen-shot-2013-01-16-at-22.47.59.png
Either we submit and become happy little lemmings, or one day we have a war for the ages. Don't be too confident that this won't one day happen. It's one nuke launch away from becoming a party that will last decades.

Pretty much boiler plate stuff so far. What's Hillary running on other than identity politics, fear and dividing the county along race, gender and class lines?
She's probably yelling at Africans for asking her questions she doesn't like.

Either we submit and become happy little lemmings, or one day we have a war for the ages. Don't be too confident that this won't one day happen. It's one nuke launch away from becoming a party that will last decades.
OK, hold a seat for me.

Gay rights
Immigration reform
Right to education
Right to vote
Raising the minimum wage
Reducing the income gap
Climate Change

Maybe you want to call this a divisive platform, but I sure don't. The meat of what she's offering is certainly beefier than anything the Republicans have put up there so far.

Gay rights
Immigration reform
Right to education
Right to vote
Raising the minimum wage
Reducing the income gap
Climate Change

Maybe you want to call this a divisive platform, but I sure don't. The meat of what she's offering is certainly beefier than anything the Republicans have put up there so far.
Immigration reform...When GWB tried this the Dems killed it

Right to education....WTF does that mean... All children have the right now to a free education for 12 years now but Republicans want to improve performance and give the parents more choices with vouchers. he Dems are beholden to the teachers unions

Right to Vote??? Ya right, what you mean is right to cheat.

Raising the minimum wage...Rather than government fiat, the Republicans would rather foster higher economic growth, there by lowering the labor supply and having the market raise the wage. Its already happening...look around

Reducing the income gap....It got much worse under BHO and if Hillary tries to do it by punishing people at the top it will continue to get worse.

Climate change. Climate change is some thing that is normal for the planet and it will continue with or with out us.

The bottom line for me is Republicans are for empowering people, Democrats are all about empowering the government

Last edited:
Today's SC ruling was met with a collective sigh of relief by the Republican Party, certainly this is one less issue to fret about come the 2016 election.

They are running on the same thing they always do nothing. All they do is sit back and criticize with no new ideas what so ever. Dead party.

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT