ADVERTISEMENT

CAN IOWA STILL WIN THE DIVISION?

Iowa wins division by winning out and Illinois losing twice (IL plays Purdue, at Michigan and at NW; they already beat Goldy), plain and simple. There is no other way for them to win it. The only team they could possibly tie for the division title and still go to the BTCG is Purdue, if both win out.
I think they dug too deep of a hole. That three point loss at Illinois stings alot. Winning out is very tough. Winning one to be bowl eligible after being 3-4 is something. Winning two of three would be better. Finishing 7-5 is were most of us thought things might end up. 8-4 was considered optimistic.I had Illinois and ISU as wins and purdue a loss. I had Wiscy and Minny as losses also. We'll see, that is why you play the games.

It would be truly amazing if Iowa could finish 8-4 or even 7-5 with the worst offense, worst QB, worst OC and a HC who’s best years are behind him. Seriously, the Big 10 west would be lucky to have a team finish 4th if there were no divisions.

I'm more confident Iowa will win out then I am Illinois winning 2 of their next 3.

and can you imagine the absolute meltdown of the negtards if Iowa were to get back into the Championship Game and win it ??

wholey moley ... that's gonna be a lot of fun
Yes I want to see it happen for multiple reasons. A) I'm an Iowa fan and would rather win than lose. If Iowa wins the West, it would mean they won 5 straight to end the season. And B), the collective fit by the national media and a faction of the Iowa fan base would be worth it to watch.

I actually think Wisconsin is playing the best of the West teams now. Illinois still the most likely winner. All they need to do is beat a Purdue team that has some serious issues at this point.

I think they dug too deep of a hole. That three point loss at Illinois stings alot. Winning out is very tough. Winning one to be bowl eligible after being 3-4 is something. Winning two of three would be better. Finishing 7-5 is were most of us thought things might end up. 8-4 was considered optimistic.I had Illinois and ISU as wins and purdue a loss. I had Wiscy and Minny as losses also. We'll see, that is why you play the games.
Illinois still likely the winner in the West. But if, big if, Iowa beats Wisconsin this weekend and Purdue beats Illinois, it becomes very likely after the games on Nov. 19 that Iowa is in the driver's seat and needing just to beat Nebraska to win the West. Illinois is not beating Michigan.

Illinois has 1 1/2 game lead on Iowa. Iowa is in a three way tie for second at 3-3. Purdue is a half game behind Iowa. If Iowa wins out, and that is certainly possible, we can win the Division. If so, we pass two of the three teams with whom we're tied, Bucky and Goldy, gaining wins and tiebreakers. We should win the finale against Big Red. All three games are winnable. I think Iowa wins all three games and closes 8-4. which is around average for Iowa in the last 40 years, although we frequently win between 9-12 games.

Illinois also has to go up and play Goldy. Toss up game, Goldy could easily beat the yapping pack of douche bags in Navy and Blaze.
Then Illinois has a probable loss at Michigan. Have to pull for that putrid ****er Harbaugh in that one. Then, NW upsets Illinois in the final. That also is not highly improbable.

It may not be likely, but it is far from impossible. The dream is alive for at least another 7 days.
Yes, and if they get by Wisky they’ll likely either tie Illinois, or get a rematch with OSU or Mich. in that scenario I think they’ll be highly competitive, certainly more so than in October contests

Yes I want to see it happen for multiple reasons. A) I'm an Iowa fan and would rather win than lose. If Iowa wins the West, it would mean they won 5 straight to end the season. And B), the collective fit by the national media and a faction of the Iowa fan base would be worth it to watch.

I actually think Wisconsin is playing the best of the West teams now. Illinois still the most likely winner. All they need to do is beat a Purdue team that has some serious issues at this point.
NW and Illinois will be a close game

Illinois still likely the winner in the West. But if, big if, Iowa beats Wisconsin this weekend and Purdue beats Illinois, it becomes very likely after the games on Nov. 19 that Iowa is in the driver's seat and needing just to beat Nebraska to win the West. Illinois is not beating Michigan.
I don't think Nebraska will be playing for a bowl unless they magically are 4 - 7 and they think 5 - 7 could get them an invite to a miniscule bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT