ADVERTISEMENT

Can Labas at least be a consistently good passer? If so, start him

I am sure Labas, at this point, isn't ready but...He's probably going to be in the mix for starter next year. This team desperately needs to make a bowl for the extra month to month and a half of work.

Petras will be gone and with Padilla graduating in December, I expect him to be done as well.
I don't think Labas will be here next year either.

If there's one area where Hayden and Kirk are complete opposites, it's this. Hayden could groom any QB into a good player, knew just how to connect with them, motivate them and get the best from them. He put guys in position to win. Quarterback whisperer indeed.

Under KFz, Iowa is where quarterbacks go to die.

OK… Here’s the deal this team sucks , Kirk Ferentz wouldn’t know a good offensive system if he fell in it…

But I get so damn tired of this Hayden offensive guru putting players where they could perform crap!

You must not have been in the stadium during Tim Dwights career?! There were multiple players that the fans accused him of miss-using and more importantly than that go back and dig through all the old scores and you get back to me on how many games he finished scoring 10 - 17 points or less?

In that 86 year alone right after the Michigan State game they went on to beat 3-9 Wisconsin 17 to 10. Then 17 vs very a good Michigan, then 27 against 4 win Northwestern then 10 vs OSU and then 16 against 4-7 (lost 16-20) Illinois going from top ten to also rans in a 2-3, 5 game stretch…

Must have left his Guru shoes home that day!

Last edited:
OK… Here’s the deal this team sucks , Kirk Ferentz wouldn’t know a good offensive system if he fell in it…

But I get so damn tired of this Hayden offensive guru putting players where they could perform crap!

You must not have been in the stadium during Tim Dwights career?! There were multiple players that the fans accused him of miss-using and more importantly than that go back and dig through all the old scores and you get back to me on how many games he finished scoring 10 - 17 points or less?

In that 86 year alone right after the Michigan State game they went on to beat 3-9 Wisconsin 17 to 10. Then 17 vs very a good Michigan, then 27 against 4 win Northwestern then 10 vs OSU and then 16 against 4-7 (lost 16-20) Illinois going from top ten to also rans in a 2-3, 5 game stretch…

Must have left his Guru shoes home that day!
Nobody is suggesting he was perfect and yes, Dwight was underused. But Hayden played to win instead of "not to lose". You're confusing perfection with excellence. Nobody is perfect...including Hayden. He had his shortcomings.

He'd still kick KIrk's ass 7 or 8 times out of 10 with similar talent.

Nobody is suggesting he was perfect and yes, Dwight was underused. But Hayden played to win instead of "not to lose". You're confusing perfection with excellence. Nobody is perfect...including Hayden. He had his shortcomings.

He'd still kick KIrk's ass 7 or 8 times out of 10 with similar talent.

LOL…. yeah of course a guy that had a much much much poorer record against high-end competition would be Kurt’s ass seven out of eight times… OK

I would imagine it’s been years since you went back and looked at collective schedules and scores to really have an opinion…

Maybe scoring 10-17 pts a game back then was playing to win 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT