ADVERTISEMENT

Can Offense manufacture wins without KJ?

desihawk

HB Legend
Oct 1, 2002
Let’s face it, right now KJ is our offense. Yes the OL and blockers have to play their parts but he seems to be the only guy with a nose for the end zone. His presence and additional pass catching threat lets other cogs operate better as well. RB is also the position on O with higher chance of getting dinged. Basically I think we’ll need to manufacture a win or more this season with KJ on the bench.

Is the Iowa O capable? How would they pull off something like that? Really hope Lester already has a plan for such scenarios and has signoff from kf in advance.

why are you putting this into the universe? Have you already forgotten AIRBHG?
you have a point but putting it out there hopefully jinxes the possibility. i thought of it coz of the upcoming night game at EL and my recollection of all the hard hitting that went on there in the 2009 night game.

Let’s face it, right now KJ is our offense. Yes the OL and blockers have to play their parts but he seems to be the only guy with a nose for the end zone. His presence and additional pass catching threat lets other cogs operate better as well. RB is also the position on O with higher chance of getting dinged. Basically I think we’ll need to manufacture a win or more this season with KJ on the bench.

Is the Iowa O capable? How would they pull off something like that? Really hope Lester already has a plan for such scenarios and has signoff from kf in advance.
I think Moulton and Jazz together would keep the running game going. Maybe not as many home runs and 40-50 yard runs but Jazz has had a couple of them and Moulton is a very good runner as his strong 16 yard run to the 6 yard line set up an early TD agaisnt UWAsh.

Plus I wouldnt even think about this unless for some reason KJ cant go

Reactions: desihawk
I think Moulton and Jazz together would keep the running game going. Maybe not as many home runs and 40-50 yard runs but Jazz has had a couple of them and Moulton is a very good runner as his strong 16 yard run to the 6 yard line set up an early TD agaisnt UWAsh.

Plus I wouldnt even think about this unless for some reason KJ cant go
jaz and moulton can be adequate against some of our opponents but against a really athletic d like msu or il i think they’ll struggle. that said, rotating both qbs (more than we have) is all that i can think of.

also Very tough crowd this afternoon. i was hoping to see some creative schematic or personnel ideas that could compensate. :)

jaz and moulton can be adequate against some of our opponents but against a really athletic d like msu or il i think they’ll struggle. that said, rotating both qbs (more than we have) is all that i can think of.

also Very tough crowd this afternoon. i was hoping to see some creative schematic or personnel ideas that could compensate. :)
Nothing like putting the cart before the horse, :confused:

The big issue is not having a starting QB that can put the team on his shoulders and manufacturer a game winning drive or few. Been the big problem with this team now for a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT