ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why we would need to release oil reserves...

Mar 11, 2020
For the entire world and not just for US?

Biden said part of his plan was to release oil reserves. Specifically more than had ever been released, but he said he would release them to the world. Wouldn't it be better for US to release them only to the US?

Reactions: SIXERS24
Why not drain the oil reserves? This way a different administration doesn't have the access to more fossil fuels.

I’m told over and over that oil is a commodity asset. There is no unique United States market

Per the WH website, this is what the president said. It appear you may have misinterpreted the statement:

My plan is already in motion. I led the world and other countries to join with us to coordinate the largest release of oil from our stockpiles of all the countries in history — 240 million barrels to boost global supply.

This is a prime example of the me vs. we mentality that far too many people follow. So you paid less in taxes and your 401K is up, how are your roads, schools, or the economic outlook in your area? We are all citizens of a larger community. We need to look outside the boarders of our lawn or country to determine the merits of something.

Reactions: nelly02
For the entire world and not just for US?

Biden said part of his plan was to release oil reserves. Specifically more than had ever been released, but he said he would release them to the world. Wouldn't it be better for US to release them only to the US?
It's a world wide wide market...that's how pricing is determined.

Reactions: RileyHawk
This is a prime example of the me vs. we mentality that far too many people follow. So you paid less in taxes and your 401K is up, how are your roads, schools, or the economic outlook in your area? We are all citizens of a larger community. We need to look outside the boarders of our lawn or country to determine the merits of something.
What did I just read? You sure you replied to the right thread?

Reactions: wjr1818
I think our refineries are operating at damn near maximum capacity so maybe sending it to allies that have some capacity is the correct strategy.

I think we need another major refinery.

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
I think our refineries are operating at damn near maximum capacity so maybe sending it to allies that have some capacity is the correct strategy.

I think we need another major refinery.
Me thinks Biden really has no clue and either misspoke or does not have a rational explanation. That’s pretty much the answer to all of the questions that arise when he speaks.

And absolutely no concern for where the money went besides roads and schools?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Ok, if you are a US company and you can sell it for cheap here, or export it, sell it for much more and make more profits. What are you going to do?
It doesn't belong to a company rather the country. I assume it's bought off the global market.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT