ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone point me to empirical evidence that the earth is a spinning ball hurdling through space

OP hasn't said anything correct. Lie

OP wins thread by a landslide.
Truth

OP is 2nd best troll in America. Not a troll
OP lost his avatar
Natural revokes all of OP's fairy points.

Don't F with me fella, avatars are serious business.

I know getting rid of the heat is a problem, that's what I'm telling you I don't think that the ISS or satellites in the thermosphere can cool themselves enough not to damage them let alone have humans living in it for months on end.. And your 45F figure is way the frick off, like at least 100 degrees lower than I've seen anywhere else and this site says it can get up to 4500 F https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/thermosphere/en/. So, does the solar radiation and the radiated heat from the ISS just pass each other in the night defying thermodynamic principles, or is NASA full of shit?

Ok.....the heat of the molecules in the thermosphere - the heat energy - can reach 1500C. That's completely immaterial because those molecules are several feet apart. Even your "engineer" understood that. You can't stick a thermometer out the window in the thermosphere and measure temp because a thermometer requires conduction which requires that the thermometer be in contact with the matter it's measuring. You wouldn't feel the heat energy of the matter in the thermosphere - you would be in contact with fewer than a handful of molecules at any time. Do you understand that?

Ok.....the heat of the molecules in the thermosphere - the heat energy - can reach 1500C. That's completely immaterial because those molecules are several feet apart. Even your "engineer" understood that. You can't stick a thermometer out the window in the thermosphere and measure temp because a thermometer requires conduction which requires that the thermometer be in contact with the matter it's measuring. You wouldn't feel the heat energy of the matter in the thermosphere - you would be in contact with fewer than a handful of molecules at any time. Do you understand that?

Agreed, now how do you dissipate the heat built up within the ISS and satellites? How big of a radiator does it take to move heat from one hot place (the ISS) to an even hotter place, even if the gas molecules are far apart?

Agreed, now how do you dissipate the heat built up within the ISS and satellites? How big of a radiator does it take to move heat from one hot place (the ISS) to an even hotter place, even if the gas molecules are far apart?

Holy shit! The thermosphere isn't hot, you dolt! The very, very, very widely spaced molecules IN the thermosphere are hot. The rest of that space - 99.99999999999999+++% - is a VACUUM. Zero heat energy. And we've already established for everyone not completely brain dead that dissipating heat in a vacuum through radiation in the IR is a simple process. YOU would dissipate heat in the thermosphere were you tossed from the ISS...your IR image would be lit up like Las Vegas. You would be well on your way to freezing to death assuming they gave you some O2 before tossing you.

As for how you get the heat from inside the ISS to the outside...well...the same way your car engine does it. You can google that if you're confused. How big is the radiator? There are 14 panels, each measuring 6 by 10 feet (1.8 by 3 meters), for a total of 1680 square feet (156 square meters) of ammonia-tubing-filled heat exchange area. They use ammonia because water - in the environment you mistakenly believe is so hot - would freeze.

8eab58f1236580227f786adf69609117.jpg

Reactions: ferentzin04
Holy shit! The thermosphere isn't hot, you dolt! The very, very, very widely spaced molecules IN the thermosphere are hot. The rest of that space - 99.99999999999999+++% - is a VACUUM. Zero heat energy. And we've already established for everyone not completely brain dead that dissipating heat in a vacuum through radiation in the IR is a simple process. YOU would dissipate heat in the thermosphere were you tossed from the ISS...your IR image would be lit up like Las Vegas. You would be well on your way to freezing to death assuming they gave you some O2 before tossing you.

As for how you get the heat from inside the ISS to the outside...well...the same way your car engine does it. You can google that if you're confused. How big is the radiator? There are 14 panels, each measuring 6 by 10 feet (1.8 by 3 meters), for a total of 1680 square feet (156 square meters) of ammonia-tubing-filled heat exchange area. They use ammonia because water - in the environment you mistakenly believe is so hot - would freeze.

See, now that wasn't hard was it, now let's move on to the fact that outer space and gravity don't even exist. Also where's the curve? TIA

See, now that wasn't hard was it, now let's move on to the fact that outer space and gravity don't even exist. Also where's the curve? TIA

Not at all...I'm surprised it was a mystery to you. And it pretty much debunks that whole series of videos from your idiot "engineer". The guy doesn't understand basic physics. Stop doing science by YouTube.

Not at all...I'm surprised it was a mystery to you. And it pretty much debunks that whole series of videos from your idiot "engineer". The guy doesn't understand basic physics. Stop doing science by YouTube.

LOL, you're funny. I bet you went to some of those fake classes at UNC didn't you.

Easy is not fake.

Well from what I've read both types of classes existed, and both are pathetic when you're just trying to keep athletes eligible to play sports.

Listen, we both know that the NCAA won't do anything, you won't lose any titles. Just live with you the shame of knowing your favorite team and alma mater are a bunch of cheating fools. The best part is that it started under Dean Smith, Bwahahahahaha.

Last edited:
Classic example of a person who has to always get the last word in. Let the thread die.......
We haven't even got to the nephilim and angle rape yet. This thread has another 10 pages in it easy. How about you stop being a classic con trying to shut down discussion.

Reactions: Bushy Bill
Well from what I've read both types of classes existed, and both are pathetic when you're just trying to keep athletes eligible to play sports.

Listen, we both know that the NCAA won't do anything, you won't lose any titles. Just live with you the shame of knowing your favorite team and alma mater are a bunch of cheating fools. The best part is that it started under Dean Smith, Bwahahahahaha.
I'm sure you're cracking down on all the easy courses and classes at Iowa as well, right? Every school in the country does this and they do it every year, all the time. UNC got caught, they corrected it, and we've moved on.

I'm not ashamed of anything. I've never bullshitted myself into believing that athletes have the same standards. I don't even think they should have the same standards. I don't think someone trying to get a law degree or a degree in medicine (or anything else) should be expected to play sports on some level at the same time they're trying to get their degree either. Most people are pissed about this because 1) they're a rival of ours or 2) their school has never really perennially excelled in any notable sport, a.k.a. envious.

I'm sure you're cracking down on all the easy courses and classes at Iowa as well, right? Every school in the country does this and they do it every year, all the time. UNC got caught, they corrected it, and we've moved on.

I'm not ashamed of anything. I've never bullshitted myself into believing that athletes have the same standards. I don't even think they should have the same standards. I don't think someone trying to get a law degree or a degree in medicine (or anything else) should be expected to play sports on some level at the same time they're trying to get their degree either. Most people are pissed about this because 1) they're a rival of ours or 2) their school has never really perennially excelled in any notable sport, a.k.a. envious.

I'm not from Iowa nor an Iowa fan, and I also have no illusions about the puritanical mythos surrounding college athletics. That does not change the fact that having fake classes and lying about it for two decades is pretty freaking pathetic.

i think you are desperate enough to do a hole in the ground.

In case you were wondering if you want natty to leave you alone and ignore you just get rid of you avatar. I think the syphilis has rotted his brain to the point where he needs pictures to keep things straight in his head.

Reactions: naturalmwa
In case you were wondering if you want natty to leave you alone and ignore you just get rid of you avatar. I think the syphilis has rotted his brain to the point where he needs pictures to keep things straight in his head.

natty lice is harmless, he should learn how to ride a bike though.

Bushy is so ignorant even people in his home state of Kentucky think he's dumb?! Wow.

I'm not from Iowa nor an Iowa fan, and I also have no illusions about the puritanical mythos surrounding college athletics. That does not change the fact that having fake classes and lying about it for two decades is pretty freaking pathetic.
They weren't "fake" and no one "lied" about anything.

August 21st can't get here fast enough.

Without using nasa...

The amount of sunlight varies throughout the year because of it's tilt.

Summer - no light in antartica to all light in the north pole.

Winter - reverse from the summer

Fall/Spring - About even at every lattitude.

Also, the corialis effect is causedby the spherical shape of the earth

Without using nasa...

The amount of sunlight varies throughout the year because of it's tilt.

Summer - no light in antartica to all light in the north pole.

Winter - reverse from the summer

Fall/Spring - About even at every lattitude.

Also, the corialis effect is causedby the spherical shape of the earth

I've given explanations that cover all of those topics. Enjoy looking through the thread I think you'll find it enlightening.

I've given explanations that cover all of those topics. Enjoy looking through the thread I think you'll find it enlightening.

All I got from this thread are some ridiculous conspiracy theories that were derived by the science-hating, religeous far-right.

I think what we all learned from this thread can be summed up quite nicely:

Quit wasting time with the clueless at the cost of furter advancement of thought, technology and societal development.

All I got from this thread are some ridiculous conspiracy theories that were derived by the science-hating, religeous far-right.

I think what we all learned from this thread can be summed up quite nicely:

Quit wasting time with the clueless at the cost of furter advancement of thought, technology and societal development.

Until you explain why you can see objects, cities, land masses that should be hidden behind the curve all the rest is conjecture.

Until you explain why you can see objects, cities, land masses that should be hidden behind the curve all the rest is conjecture.

The land curves at a measly 1° per 69 miles. If the earth curved so much that you wouldnt see cities, the earth would have to be less than a few hundred miles in diameter.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiouxCyty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT