ADVERTISEMENT

Can the PGA survive LIV?

Jeeeebus...I just realized...I haven’t seen Ferhety on TV for some time now! I really thought he served a niche for the PGA and their television....but obviously they have progressed and moved on without him. I hope he lands on his feet....and doesn’t start drinking again.
Lot of these LIV actors are gonna realize that in the scheme of things (pro golf, here) their presence is like you and I sticking a hand into a bucket of water and then pulling it out of the water...for a few seconds the water has ripples and waves in it but a minute or two later, the water smooths itself out and there is no sign that a baby was ever in the water.

Jeeeebus...I just realized...I haven’t seen Ferhety on TV for some time now! I really thought he served a niche for the PGA and their television....but obviously they have progressed and moved on without him. I hope he lands on his feet....and doesn’t start drinking again.
Lot of these LIV actors are gonna realize that in the scheme of things (pro golf, here) their presence is like you and I sticking a hand into a bucket of water and then pulling it out of the water...for a few seconds the water has ripples and waves in it but a minute or two later, the water smooths itself out and there is no sign that a baby was ever in the water.
LOL

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Well, it was “all for the good of the game”..... ;)
call it extortion..call it business....call it greed.....it’s a little bit of all of it. Everybody will kiss and make-up and there will be little discussion regarding The Majors, The Cup matches and the schedule.....what’s gonna happen to a few of the players who “bolted” May be where the controversy lies"....

"The PGA Tour-LIV deal will be blocked."

I said earlier that I was hoping/expecting this.

Too many powerful former players/players that were completely in the dark about this.

How can a few people make such a DRASTIC change?

Let the games begin.

**** LIV and **** everything about LIV.

I think the only way this goes forward is if there is some compensation to the current PGA players that stayed or the LIV guys get significantly dinged either financially or are off the tour for ________ days/years.

To me, I feel like the PGA won if we are keeping score but they are going to have to make it work with its big names. LIV sucked and was not real competitive golf. The production was terrible and the audience was declining into nothingness.

Reactions: sober_teacher
To me, I feel like the PGA won if we are keeping score

Dude, how has the PGA won when after this THE PGA DOESN'T EVEN ****ING EXIST ANYMORE?????

Sorry I'm yelling. :)

All the history.

Hell the PGA Championship (MAJOR).

It's all gone.

The game of golf CANNOT let this happen.

Let LIV die and everyone around it.

Reactions: mphawk
Dude, how has the PGA won when after this THE PGA DOESN'T EVEN ****ING EXIST ANYMORE?????

Sorry I'm yelling. :)

All the history.

Hell the PGA Championship (MAJOR).

It's all gone.

The game of golf CANNOT let this happen.

Let LIV die and everyone around it.
Agree with your bottom segment. We have to see how it shakes out but I feel the PGA has the stronger position as LIV is realizing their product is trash and are trying to save face. Now, they can call it whatever they want going forward as long as the essence of the PGA leading the way.

Agree with your bottom segment. We have to see how it shakes out but I feel the PGA has the stronger position as LIV is realizing their product is trash and are trying to save face. Now, they can call it whatever they want going forward as long as the essence of the PGA leading the way.

Idk, kinda feel like the Saudis are winning here. They are creating for the for profit wing that PIF will be the leader in for years; enabling them to do exactly what they were doing with LIV.

Really hope this doesn’t go thru.

I don’t see how anyone can claim the PGA win when the Saudi guy is the chairman of the board and PIF is the sole investor and has a right of first refusal on any new investors.
amen-anchorman.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT