ADVERTISEMENT

Can the PGA survive LIV?

What a stupid take. BAU
You’ve never shown any concern for the hundreds of thousands of Yemenis slaughtered by the Saudis, with US help.
Not when Obama’s admin gave them diplomatic cover and targeting advice, and not since.
I don’t expect you’ll change.

Focus on the golfers, not the enablers in the White House.

This is a world class whataboutism.
I thought we were talking ‘bout Saudi Arabia?

It’s bad for golfers to take their money, but it’s ok for the WH to sell them weapons while they invade a neighbor in war that has so far killed hundreds of thousands of people. Most of them non-combatants.

Roasting LIV golfers is a distraction. The people who deserve roasting are the ones helping them invade their neighbor and slaughter innocents.

Instead we beg them to sell more oil to buy more arms from us.

‘World class’ indeed…

I thought we were talking ‘bout Saudi Arabia?

It’s bad for golfers to take their money, but it’s ok for the WH to sell them weapons while they invade a neighbor in war that has so far killed hundreds of thousands of people. Most of them non-combatants.

Roasting LIV golfers is a distraction. The people who deserve roasting are the ones helping them invade their neighbor and slaughter innocents.

Instead we beg them to sell more oil to buy more arms from us.

‘World class’ indeed…
giphy.gif

So we saw some notable names lose their exempt status today. One of which being Zach Johnson. What's the chances a guy like that was being courted and takes some guaranteed farewell money vs pulling some one-time season exemptions? He still has the masters and British obviously, which likely get trashed if he took the LIV money. Does he take the Korn Ferry finals route to get conditional status back, or cash in those one year laurels? Or realize he's unlikely to ever win again and dip out and jump on the dbag tour? I'm guessing this might be a week where we see some movement again on LIV participants.

For a the record I bet he doesn't.

So we saw some notable names lose their exempt status today. One of which being Zach Johnson. What's the chances a guy like that was being courted and takes some guaranteed farewell money vs pulling some one-time season exemptions? He still has the masters and British obviously, which likely get trashed if he took the LIV money. Does he take the Korn Ferry finals route to get conditional status back, or cash in those one year laurels? Or realize he's unlikely to ever win again and dip out and jump on the dbag tour? I'm guessing this might be a week where we see some movement again on LIV participants.

He’s the Ryder Cup captain for 2023. He’s not leaving for LIV.

Forgot about that. Kind of big one... Like I said I don't think he's a guy that would leave anyway. Just saying that as of yesterday a lot of players futures on the PGA Tour got more difficult and easy money probably seems a lot more attractive now.
Why does the LIV tour want guys out of the top 125?

Why does the LIV tour want guys out of the top 125?
Name recognition. Brent snedeker, Luke Donald, Jimmy Walker, and Danny Willet all lost their cards as well yesterday. Those are all guys that have won majors or a FedEx cup. Luke Donald is also a Ryder cup captain so that is unlikely. I'm sure Snedeker is a career top 50 guy that can pull that exemption. Doubt the others can.

Those guys you never heard of they signed to get to 48 are being Creaned now. (college basketball term for over signing scholarship players and kicking less useful players to the curb). Money is no object so they're trying to build as marketable a field as possible. Its an exhibition series, and former major champions looks a lot better on paper than guys in the thousands in the world rankings.

Name recognition. Brent snedeker, Luke Donald, Jimmy Walker, and Danny Willet all lost their cards as well yesterday. Those are all guys that have won majors or a FedEx cup. Luke Donald is also a Ryder cup captain so that is unlikely. I'm sure Snedeker is a career top 50 guy that can pull that exemption. Doubt the others can.

Those guys you never heard of they signed to get to 48 are being Creaned now. (college basketball term for over signing scholarship players and kicking less useful players to the curb). Money is no object so they're trying to build as marketable a field as possible. Its an exhibition series, and former major champions looks a lot better on paper than guys in the thousands in the world rankings.
So LIV is turning into the Champions Tour Lite?

How scintillating 🙄

Reactions: littlez

I dont think he would chase the money, but Zach can use his all-time money winner exemption next year if he wants to play

Reactions: DFSNOLE and littlez
Comments from an article concerning PGA banning LIV Tour players. Right out of the gate MAGA chimes in

• Marshall Stack
    18 hours ago

The PGA is going to lose this one in fact they have already lost the PR battle ... Most Americans now view them as "deep state" ...

• Stuart Stogdill
      16 hours ago

Not even close...

• RNH
        16 hours ago

PGA gonna lose bigtime.

2 replies

• Marshall Stack
        16 hours ago

yes close ...

• R S
          15 hours ago

You think an American jury will side. With LIV terrorist supporting golfers? You’re obviously a crack head or a Russian troll.

• RNH
            15 hours ago
            Replying to R S

Wumao says what?

• R S
              15 hours ago
              Replying to RNH

Russian troll. It’s only a matter of time before real American conservatives come for you.

• cavalloacquatico
                13 hours ago
                Replying to R S

Which Conservatives? First of all, Conservatives aren't rude & triggered like you. Second, we're not a country of monopolies.

• sponsoredbyhosels
        11 hours ago

don't worry, your Tiger Woods bobblehead will retain it's value.

• R S
      16 hours ago

Lies. Most view LIV as a terrorist funded offence. Money supplied by the terrorists behind 9/11....See more

• Charles Darwin
        15 hours ago

Yet everyone continues to use their oil.

• R S
          15 hours ago

No choice. Until we kill the Crown Prince. Then the new guy will sell us oil and behave himself....See more

• Say it nicely
        12 hours ago

? Why? Denying money because of 9/11? Who cares where the money comes from, it's green and real and that's all it counts.

• R S
          10 hours ago

So you are basically saying you’ll do anything for money and have no values. So your life has no value.

• Say it nicely
            10 hours ago
            Replying to R S

RS, the day my rent, food, clothing, children education, car, gas, taxes for wars in Ukraine and all other garbage-spending by our Gov,mt [shall I go on with my list?} COMES FOR FREE, I will not fight /work for money any longer, until then "Yes I do make money" All the above is MY VALUE...See more

2 replies

• RNH
        16 hours ago

"Most"? Prove it

• sponsoredbyhosels
        11 hours ago

how's your Toyota running. Pearl Harbor much?

• Elizabeth Seehof
      14 hours ago

you don't speak for "Most Americans" and those who actually hold the "deep state" view are misinformed conspiracists. Real Americans oppose this Saudi sponsored effort.

• michael hillyard
      2 hours ago

Actually they have legal precedent on their side. Businesses make people sign no compete clauses all the time. The PGA can ban them if they want. Just like the NFL can ban their players if they do something detrimental to the league. The only thing they can't stop is them playing in USGA events as ...See more

• MJ
      13 hours ago

"most" ? LMAO The PGA Tour will win this one and every other one that comes along. The PGA Tour owes no one anything. Don't like their rules? Go somewhere else. It's quite simple

• Columbia Lou
      13 hours ago

Yes the PGA doesn't have the record crowds at Bedminster last week where tickets literally exchanged for $1😆

• becool
      15 hours ago

Ok Greg.

1 reply
    Show 1 more reply

• RNH
    19 hours ago

Oh look next week's co-sponsor is "investing" in the Saudi economy... Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Oct. 6, 2021, — FedEx Express, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and the world’s largest express transportation company, has announced its transition to a direct-serve presence in the Kingdom of Saudi A...See more

• St. Giles
      17 hours ago

In light of this, the PGA Tour will surely cancel the tournament and ban FedEx for life.

3 replies

• Robert Hayes
    18 hours ago

Progressives are trying to control the PGA like so many other entities they've already commandeered lock, stock and barrel.

• R S
      16 hours ago

LIV is funded by Saudi terrorists who funded 9/11. So you’re pro-terrorist, but anti-PGA because they’re “Progressive”?

Show 3 more replies

Show More Comments

I dont think he would chase the money, but Zach can use his all-time money winner exemption next year if he wants to play
What Zach needs to do is concentrate on the huge job of being Ryder Cup captain. We can't begin to understand all the planning and details that go into that.

What Zach needs to do is concentrate on the huge job of being Ryder Cup captain. We can't begin to understand all the planning and details that go into that.

Last 3 US Captains to win continued to play in the 2 years leading up to the Cup. Less than the 23 ZJ played this year, but, think it would be invaluable to stay on the course to really get a feel for home the guys are playing. The Captain's picks are going to be tough next year with the number of young guys playing so well.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Last 3 US Captains to win continued to play in the 2 years leading up to the Cup. Less than the 23 ZJ played this year, but, think it would be invaluable to stay on the course to really get a feel for home the guys are playing. The Captain's picks are going to be tough next year with the number of young guys playing so well.
The last few weeks there has been a lot of complaining about DL3 being included in the focus groups coverage. This is exactly what he was doing out on the course. He was out there playing with the guys and interacting and observing. I thought it was interesting to watch. Obviously DL3 was not going to win those tournaments, but interesting to watch it from the President's Cup perspective. Thing is, he's probably got the easiest selection job ever, just take 1-12 on the list and the team is loaded.

I'm guessing ZJ will play a few tournaments next year for the exact same reasons, to get an up close look, interact, observe, and find out more about his selections.

Reactions: NoleinATL
If they recoup the winnings from the contract payments that means their income is basically capped. I assume they realized that? Also, for a number of these guys there is literally no financial incentive to play well. Lol
It is just an exhibition. Outside of ego they have no reason to grind and play well. They don’t even need to practice.

If they recoup the winnings from the contract payments that means their income is basically capped. I assume they realized that? Also, for a number of these guys there is literally no financial incentive to play well. Lol

The fact these guys can't "win" any money makes this whole thing worse. They are literally just playing these tournaments like a Sunday muni round, might as well let them drink beer and flirt with cart girls.

FWIW LIV attorneys put out a statement that is not the case, that the players do win the money. LIV is going to have to prove that fact now because they all look dumb if what came out yesterday is true.

Bad golf career move. LIV is going down in flames. Yesterday's court loss was just the start.

i suppose if Cam just wants to cash a $100 million check, play some exhibition golf, and kick back, relax, drink some beer and go fishing it's a great move and he's earned it, but this isn't the best for his golf career.

FWIW LIV attorneys put out a statement that is not the case, that the players do win the money. LIV is going to have to prove that fact now because they all look dumb if what came out yesterday is true.
Actually, their spin was even worse. They were trying to spin it by saying that any money won outside their LIV contract, like PGA Tour money, counted against their LIV contract. Maybe that's what the judge was referencing when she mentioned these contracts are restrictive beyond the comprehension of the PGA Tour.

So much for independent contractors
So much for making your own schedule
So much for huge LIV purses (they don't even count anymore, they've been paid up front)
So much for players being hurt financially
So much for LIV claims of a PGA Tour "monopoly". If the PGA Tour was a monopoly they wouldn't be losing players.

These LIV golfers should be waking up this morning realizing they signed a deal with the devil. I mean, who would think it's a great idea to sign into a deal with a guy nicknamed The Shark and the Saudi Royal Family? I hope Sergio Garcia looks back at his texts with Norman and feels really stupid for believing that guy.

Bad golf career move. LIV is going down in flames. Yesterday's court loss was just the start.

i suppose if Cam just wants to cash a $100 million check, play some exhibition golf, and kick back, relax, drink some beer and go fishing it's a great move and he's earned it, but this isn't the best for his golf career.

I know which one I would take

I know which one I would take
Now I see David Feherty has jumped ship from covering the PGA and going to LIV. I know he was buddies with Greg Norman. He said they are going to pay him a lot of money.

My thought is, that better be a pretty big check because there will be no going back to NBC/Golf Channel if/when LIV goes tits up.

Sounding like Cameron Young is next. This whole thing sucks for the fan. Players and lawyers will win, fans will lose.

Now I see David Feherty has jumped ship from covering the PGA and going to LIV. I know he was buddies with Greg Norman. He said they are going to pay him a lot of money.

My thought is, that better be a pretty big check because there will be no going back to NBC/Golf Channel if/when LIV goes tits up.

I’ll at least respect the guys who flat out say they went for the money. At least they’re honest!

Reactions: His Hawkness

Honestly, listening to Smith interviews in the past that sounds like exactly what he wants to do (play some golf, drink some beer and fish, not necessarily in that order).

Just so happens he is good enough to play on the PGA Tour, so you can actually make enough cash to kick back and do those "other" things whenever you feel like it.

In fairness to him he has stated several times that he's a bit "lazy" relative to practicing golf, but has put at least a little more time into it lately.

Frankly the LIV Tour is taylor made for guys like Cam Smith. Should be right up his alley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT