ADVERTISEMENT

Can we at least have Iowa-Nebraska?

desihawk

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2002
I realize the futility of wishing that 8 other p5 schools join ia and ne to make ad hoc schedule. but can’t ia and ne play for a self appointed mnc? after all, both schools voted to play. one game for mnc.
I want that at least.

I realize the futility of wishing that 8 other p5 schools join ia and ne to make ad hoc schedule. but can’t ia and ne play for a self appointed mnc? after all, both schools voted to play. one game for mnc.
I want that at least.

It doesn’t even have to be P5 schools. I’d almost be willing to bet they could get Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Wyoming, Air Force, and two randoms to join up.

Reactions: desihawk
It doesn’t even have to be P5 schools. I’d almost be willing to bet they could get Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Wyoming, Air Force, and two randoms to join up.
i agree. and whoever is champion is national champion in my book.
but if nobody agrees to play 10-12 games, at least lets have one off matchups. iowa-ne, alabama-ok, isu-ks etc
basically teams play just 1 game each for the season but stagger it for a national audience. week 1: ia-ne, week 2:alabama-ok, week3: isu-ks etc

Last edited:
Hey guys...Coach Frost had a great presser today. Mentioned that if the B1G decides to cancel the season, other options might be available.
So, in that light let's say Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State decide to play anyway. Schedule them and then go to the Big 12 or SEC, ACC to get other teams to fill in the gaps. They have one option in scheduling a non-conference team. If enough B1G teams wish to play, especially tOSU, which could have a Natty team this year, I think the conference would give into that...just a few thoughts??

All players get 4 games without losing eligibility, so Iowa should schedule a 4 game season. Debbie, ISU, + 2 others.

We also get to keep practice and workouts. For the quitters, I don't see how they can justify practicing etc. without a season. That's a big advantage for us.

Last edited:
Sounds like Iowa and Nebraska are willing to play even if B1G votes to cancel. Ohio St, Michigan and Wisconsin all have civil wars going on over the issue. One rumor I heard floated was that it is highly likely both the Pac 12 and B1G votes to cancel the seasons. However you could have around 10 teams total from the two conference that still would be willing to play games. Could those teams combine and plan out games against each other? Would be kind of a fun year.

Sounds like Iowa and Nebraska are willing to play even if B1G votes to cancel. Ohio St, Michigan and Wisconsin all have civil wars going on over the issue. One rumor I heard floated was that it is highly likely both the Pac 12 and B1G votes to cancel the seasons. However you could have around 10 teams total from the two conference that still would be willing to play games. Could those teams combine and plan out games against each other? Would be kind of a fun year.
That would be pretty interesting. Either way, it will be interesting. I would like to see a more regional setting. Some of the Old Big 8/12 and the B1G teams that are willing to play.

Nobody should be coerced but if the coaches and players are enthusiastic, we should absolutely play football and as fans support the heck out of them.

All players get 4 games without losing eligibility, so Iowa should schedule a 4 game season. Debbie, ISU, + 2 others.

We also get to keep practice and workouts. For the quitters, I don't see how they can justify practicing etc. without a season. That's a big advantage for us.
Don't think that is true if you've already RS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT