ADVERTISEMENT

Can we pump the brakes??

fearthefuture21

Scout Team
Jul 22, 2021
Do Iowa fans forget we've had Linderbaum and Wirfs on this offensive line recent years and still ranked in the 100's? Yes having Proctor would ultimately make them better but Linderbaum graded out historically as one of the best OC's ever and our offense was still miserable. Also, this is Bama we are losing to. They have one of the greatest coaches all times, world class facilities and proven track record of getting guys to the league. Let it go and let's focus on who's going to be in the building hawkeye fans.

Do Iowa fans forget we've had Linderbaum and Wirfs on this offensive line recent years and still ranked in the 100's? Yes having Proctor would ultimately make them better but Linderbaum graded out historically as one of the best OC's ever and our offense was still miserable. Also, this is Bama we are losing to. They have one of the greatest coaches all times, world class facilities and proven track record of getting guys to the league. Let it go and let's focus on who's going to be in the building hawkeye fans.
As a fan, I feel no obligation to only focus on "who's going to be in the building"...................just sayin. :D

Getting a 5 star guy in one of the biggest need areas is a very, very big thing. Losing him at the alter is also a very, very big thing.

But, as I have said many times - these high school recruits are only 50% "done", How he develops from here will tell the tale.

So, the Hawks will go get some other guys at 50% at get them to 100%.

This and with the money thats freed up there has to be a few really good OL that would bite as
Getting a 5 star guy in one of the biggest need areas is a very, very big thing. Losing him at the alter is also a very, very big thing.

But, as I have said many times - these high school recruits are only 50% "done", How he develops from here will tell the tale.

No pumping the brakes after running off the cliff.
College sports has turned semi-pro due to no regulation of nil money.
Still not buying this solely came down to NIL. But if it helps wipe away your tears keep thinking that.

I’m still crossing my fingers that he doesn’t flip.

Not going to break my heart if he doesn’t, disappointed sure but if the rumors about suggested NIL figures are accurate there’s no winning that one.

• Love
Reactions: Bishop1971

Yep, he could end up the next Blake Larson or have an injury plagued career. I doubt it. But until he signs,he may actually be hurting our chances to land other olineman.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Still not buying this solely came down to NIL. But if it helps wipe away your tears keep thinking that.
Elite recruits want to play for winners. Proctor committed in June, before he got to see an epically bad, national joke of an offense, with an OL that left many people wondering what kind of coaching those guys are getting. Ya think Saban, Lanning, etc. aren’t pointing this out?

Hell, I have serious doubts that Iowa would be the best place for him. I wouldn’t have said that 3-4 years ago, but the OL room is not doing what it has in the past.

Elite recruits want to play for winners. Proctor committed in June, before he got to see an epically bad, national joke of an offense, with an OL that left many people wondering what kind of coaching those guys are getting. Ya think Saban, Lanning, etc. aren’t pointing this out?

Hell, I have serious doubts that Iowa would be the best place for him. I wouldn’t have said that 3-4 years ago, but the OL room is not doing what it has in the past.
Yeah that’s why I don’t blame him, but still sucks he shoulda just not committed…

Reactions: Macbride79
Yeah that’s why I don’t blame him, but still sucks he shoulda just not committed…
It sucks he waited this long..could've been using resources to find someone else. There's a top OT in the transfer portal considering Nebraska of all places. Could've been Iowa had Proctor just de-committed while he evaluates where he wanted to go.

Reactions: cm8124
It sucks he waited this long..could've been using resources to find someone else. There's a top OT in the transfer portal considering Nebraska of all places. Could've been Iowa had Proctor just de-committed while he evaluates where he wanted to go.
I agree the timing is bad. You can now understand why Kirk pulled scholarship offers in the past for kids who took visits after “committing.” Yes, I know it was technically without the communication, but the point still stands. It’s not right and it leaves the coach you committed to hanging.

I don’t blame Proctor for taking the Bama offer, but he should have done it a long time ago. I do blame him for that. I’m in agreement it’s not right.

Oh boo freakin hoo. Proctor's going to sign with Alabama. Last time I checked he is an offensive lineman and not a generational type quarterback. Were Wirfs and Linderbaum 5* prospects? I'm pretty sure Iowa will be just fine with or without him. He's one superior athlete for his age who has played against boys all of his life. Let's see what he turns out to be when he has to play against athletes similar to himself. Maybe he turns out to be great, maybe not.

Oh boo freakin hoo. Proctor's going to sign with Alabama. Last time I checked he is an offensive lineman and not a generational type quarterback. Were Wirfs and Linderbaum 5* prospects? I'm pretty sure Iowa will be just fine with or without him. He's one superior athlete for his age who has played against boys all of his life. Let's see what he turns out to be when he has to play against athletes similar to himself. Maybe he turns out to be great, maybe not.
I would take a Brandon Scherf type.

This is what happens when you put your head in the sand regarding total offensive production from the oline, qb, and wr positions. Iowa looks like a jr high team compared to a lot of other programs not named Bama. KF has no one to blame but himself with the eye test that is Iowa as one of the worst offensive units in the country last year then doubles down by giving his son the QB coach position, saying changes will occur, and what do you see? An even worse product. All of this falls squarely on his shoulders to where the program is currently.

Don’t blame Proctor for going to Bama but don’t commit to Iowa until you see significant changes on offense before making the commitment.

What else could it be… ?I’m assuming you’re another guy who wants to blame the offense for climate control and the lack of world peace and all that stuff… So rather than delve into that let’s just answer a couple quick questions.

If it’s all about the offiense and the national perception, how the hell did we get cade McNamara to buy into coming on board?

How the hell did we get any other offensive players and as far as that goes how have been fielding a football team at all.

While were answering those questions leys answer these; how does a team like USC who fielded an absolutely horrific defense ever recruit defensive players?!

If these coaching staffs were smart, theyd just say F it, because there’s a pretty big percentage of all these teams fans that I’m not sure they didn’t want them to win!

They definitely don’t look favorably on the team and coaching staff!

It might have helped but honestly it prob came down to a gamer that wants to succeed going to a program that has high standards to succeed. One school has been the CFP a handful of times, one hasnt

This is what happens when you put your head in the sand regarding total offensive production from the oline, qb, and wr positions. Iowa looks like a jr high team compared to a lot of other programs not named Bama. KF has no one to blame but himself with the eye test that is Iowa as one of the worst offensive units in the country last year then doubles down by giving his son the QB coach position, saying changes will occur, and what do you see? An even worse product. All of this falls squarely on his shoulders to where the program is currently.

Don’t blame Proctor for going to Bama but don’t commit to Iowa until you see significant changes on offense before making the commitment.

Hmmmm, money has nothing to do with it eh? Odd….really. But hey I’ll assume you know what you’re talking about. Your always a real pleasant, positive sort who looks at all the data!

Seems strange though, he didn’t start looking around until monies started flowing?!

But then again, that doesn’t add fuel to your anti-Iowa agenda, does it!

PS…you probably think Cade McNamara was stupid don’t you ?

He was offered more than double what Iowa could offer him. Yeah it’s mostly $ and in my opinion smart of him and his family to take the cash. Get it invested.
This is not about us maybe loosing Proctor to me.
It's about how NIL was supposed to be about a stipend to help college students /athletes to get help along with a education through scholarship. NIL with no rules has ruined that. Enticing kids before even getting to college is bribery which before NIL was illegal.

Hmmmm, money has nothing to do with it eh? Odd….really. But hey I’ll assume you know what you’re talking about. Your always a real pleasant, positive sort who looks at all the data!

Seems strange though, he didn’t start looking around until monies started flowing?!

But then again, that doesn’t add fuel to your anti-Iowa agenda, does it!

PS…you probably think Cade McNamara was stupid don’t you ?
He didn’t really start looking until the high school playoffs finished up. He even said himself he wanted to focus on the season. Season ended, and he took officials.

He didn’t really start looking until the high school playoffs finished up. He even said himself he wanted to focus on the season. Season ended, and he took officials.

And then the money started flowing? And has he already decommitted?

Or have we just assumed he is gone, because of our fatalistic tendencies?

Reactions: sober_teacher
We are trying to build excitement on the back end of a 7-5 season, where our offense was one of the worst in the nation, where we have had an exodus at WR and we are replacing them with two guys fresh off the operating table. We are going to "double down" on the same shit offensive staff we "doubled down" on last year.

The brakes are officially pumped.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
We are trying to build excitement on the back end of a 7-5 season, where our offense was one of the worst in the nation, where we have had an exodus at WR and we are replacing them with two guys fresh off the operating table. We are going to "double down" on the same shit offensive staff we "doubled down" on last year.

The brakes are officially pumped.

I give up, we suck and all the good teams we’ve had in the last 5 years are meaningless.

Let’s kick this board down and go home, we will never compete again ….sigh?!

Incidentally what is TOS?

I wouldn't say he was a superior athlete. Proctor is big. I get it, you can't teach that. Wirfs was a superior athlete. He excelled in many sports and Proctor just one. Wirfs threw the shot put 15 more feet than the proctor has. Anyone who thought Proctor would be an all-American as a freshman is delusional. I know everyone will say sour grapes but I also have said this last spring.

I give up, we suck and all the good teams we’ve had in the last 5 years are meaningless.

Let’s kick this board down and go home, we will never compete again ….sigh?!

Incidentally what is TOS?
Compete for what? A west title, a division that's going away.

It is what it is man, it's nothing personal al. There are not to many things that have been in service for 25 years that are on the cutting edge of advancements.

And then the money started flowing? And has he already decommitted?

Or have we just assumed he is gone, because of our fatalistic tendencies?
I think from what we have heard/seen, plus a couple of the crystal balls, plus Proctor's silence, he'd prob on his way out.

He could also easily have tweeted "relax, im still coming" and squash the madness.

I think from what we have heard/seen, plus a couple of the crystal balls, plus Proctor's silence, he'd prob on his way out.

He could also easily have tweeted "relax, im still coming" and squash the madness.

Would you? I doubt I would, until I was 100% positive?

Reactions: millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT