ADVERTISEMENT

Can we pump the brakes??

Compete for what? A west title, a division that's going away.

It is what it is man, it's nothing personal al. There are not to many things that have been in service for 25 years that are on the cutting edge of advancements.

Question; have you ever counted up the teams that have won the NCs over the last 40/50 years?!

BYU, Ga tech, Washington, CU are the only 4 teams, now 30 plus years ago, that aren’t Blue Bloods & in recruiting hot beds…

Now ask your question again…compete for what…

Over the last 5 years our “weak” west schedule has averaged top 25ish and we have a top 15 winning percentage with about 5 G5 schools in front of us….

Remind me again why it’s so bad being us?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop1971
Question; have you ever counted up the teams that have won the NCs over the last 40/50 years?!

BYU, Ga tech, Washington, CU are the only 4 teams, now 30 pls tears agi that aren’t Bkue Bloods in hit recruiting beds…

Now ask your question again…compete for what…

Over the last 5 years are “weak” west schedule has average top 25ish and we have a top 15 winning percentage with about 5 G5 schools in front of us….

Remind me again why it’s so bad being us?
Counter point: if the same teams are going to win it every year why are you so invested in watching a product that is unapologetically designed to make the game as boring and slow as possible?

It's a 12 team play off now. The excuses are gone. If you are part of the P5 and are finding reasons why you can't get into the dance every few years you are an excuse maker. It is what it is.

It might have helped but honestly it prob came down to a gamer that wants to succeed going to a program that has high standards to succeed. One school has been the CFP a handful of times, one hasnt
If his goal was to play with the best, one that continually makes the playoffs why not sign with Alabama last summer? Pretty sure they offered some money then. If it’s about the money, then fine take the money but don’t string another team along. They call them commitments for a reason.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I’m ok with him taking the money if what is being said is the case. Timing sucks, however. The problem here appears to be with Alabama. Unless I am not up to date they can not pay for things on this last trip…no perks. If in fact it was his second and unofficial trip. Think the NCAA will penalize them?

I’m ok with him taking the money if what is being said is the case. Timing sucks, however. The problem here appears to be with Alabama. Unless I am not up to date they can not pay for things on this last trip…no perks. If in fact it was his second and unofficial trip. Think the NCAA will penalize them?
No, because they got a hefty check too.

Hmmmm, money has nothing to do with it eh? Odd….really. But hey I’ll assume you know what you’re talking about. Your always a real pleasant, positive sort who looks at all the data!

Seems strange though, he didn’t start looking around until monies started flowing?!

But then again, that doesn’t add fuel to your anti-Iowa agenda, does it!

PS…you probably think Cade McNamara was stupid don’t you ?
I’m just realistic about where the program is under a guy that puts his family ahead of the program then doubled down on stupid by making him qb coach.

And it’s a combo of both. The kid wouldn’t be looking around if Iowa’s offense and offensive line play wasn’t train wreck terrible so he might as well open it back up to see what he can get in the process of making a change in his decision.

I also fault the kid as he should have never committed to Iowa in the first place. When he did commit, he talked about the large sums of money offered by programs but he still committed. Why is it now he decided to take trips? Iowa’s offense is bad and he doesn’t have faith in the oline play or coaching. Watching a 5th year tackle in Plumb block air as the d end ran right by him again in the 12th game of the year is more than concerning with where the coaching is at with this program. What does KF say postgame?Oline played really well vs Nebraska and high praises to George Barnett. If I’m an oline commit, I’m more than a little concerned with this thought process at my position.

Counter point: if the same teams are going to win it every year why are you so invested in watching a product that is unapologetically designed to make the game as boring and slow as possible?

It's a 12 team play off now. The excuses are gone. If you are part of the P5 and are finding reasons why you can't get into the dance every few years you are an excuse maker. It is what it is.

Hmmm…remind me again how many teams named Iowa, Iowa St, Wisconsin have won the NC in basketball?

Hell the Big Ten has only won one national championship since the 2000s. I mean, I realized that would be a logical direction to go, but it doesn’t help your case!

If anything it furthers the fact, that the same teams keep winning, period!

And you’re clearly not telling me I’m an excuse maker, it’s not my style. I expect us to win. But in the era of free agency, money trump’s anything else, when you are poor!

I’ll stick with Iowas great winning % nationally since 2015….and hope for more!

If his goal was to play with the best, one that continually makes the playoffs why not sign with Alabama last summer? Pretty sure they offered some money then. If it’s about the money, then fine take the money but don’t string another team along. They call them commitments for a reason.

It’s not the reason… it is par for the course on this board. If anything happens negative towards Iowa it’s because of the offense. I mean it’s really too crazy to believe but they believe it!!

Lose a defensive player to the portal. It’s because of the offense not get a recruit. It’s because the offense, pretty bizarre.

Last edited:
Hmmm…remind me again how many teams named Iowa, Iowa St, Wisconsin have won the NC in basketball?

Hell the Big Ten has only won one national championship since the 2000s. I mean, I realized that would be a logical direction to go, but it doesn’t help your case!

And you’re clearly not telling me I’m an excuse maker, it’s not my style. I expect us to win. But in the era of free agency, money trump’s anything else, when you are poor!

Basketball? The sport where you only need 5 guys and one player and win it for an entire team........ what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

7 year data sets..... el oh el.

Reactions: blhawk and acuhawk
I’m just realistic about where the program is under a guy that puts his family ahead of the program then doubled down on stupid by making him qb coach.

And it’s a combo of both. The kid wouldn’t be looking around if Iowa’s offense and offensive line play wasn’t train wreck terrible so he might as well open it back up to see what he can get in the process of making a change in his decision.

I also fault the kid as he should have never committed to Iowa in the first place. When he did commit, he talked about the large sums of money offered by programs but he still committed. Why is it now he decided to take trips? Iowa’s offense is bad and he doesn’t have faith in the oline play or coaching. Watching a 5th year tackle in Plumb block air as the d end ran right by him again in the 12th game of the year is more than concerning with where the coaching is at with this program. What does KF say postgame?Oline played really well vs Nebraska and high praises to George Barnett. If I’m an oline commit, I’m more than a little concerned with this thought process at my position.

You blame the kid too….hmmmm

So you get offered $1 million to come play football at Alabama and you’re at fault?!

As for Iowa, if they were able to match the offer, it appears to me he’d probably go to Iowa…

So your reasoning is poor…

I’m shocked I’m going to say this because I have my own 18 and 20 year olds but it truly appears to me these kids are more reasonable and look at longer data points than a bunch of our reactionary fans!

Thank goodness Cade McNamara is smarter than our fanbase…

I’ve said it 1000 times but I’ll say it again. I was really frustrated with the offense this year and last year but in totality we have a top 15 winning percentage & according to team rankings. We play the top 25 schedule over the last five years.

That makes 120 other FBS football teams looking up at us. That makes Iowa a pretty damn fine program and I’ll take that.

You keep being mad, I like the Iowa football team!

Basketball? The sport where you only need 5 guys and one player and win it for an entire team........ what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

7 year data sets..... el oh el.
5 works to el oh el….

If it only takes 6 Why aren't there more teams not named Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky, winning the national championship in basketball!?

I’ll wait for your answer…

PS…I’ll take Da-Hong Pao tea

5 works to el oh el….

If it only takes 6 Why aren't there more teams not named Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky, winning the national championship in basketball!?

This staff could shit in your lunch pail and you would still find ways to talk about how great they are. You are trolling. It's a positive troll, but it is trolling.

Proctor? He gone. Blair and Tom sad face and being openly discussed on TOS.
If this is the case then why has he not recommitted? Very unprofessional and wrong how he is handling this. Just decommit or squelch the talk by reaffirming your commitment, be a man about it. And also say you’re sorry for handling it the way you did. Very wrong. Also, you think this money is going to help you become a better person, solve family budget concerns, etc…it can actually have the opposite effect. It is never about the money but people need to learn these lessons on their own. It is about following your heart and taking the road less traveled which ultimately makes you a better person. Stepping down off the soap box. have Merry Christmas.

Meh,.. Money might not be able to buy you love, but it can certainly purchase a fairly enjoyable approximation.

Wait. It's been stated by multiple different posters in multiple threads that the Iowa o-line is young. And they seem assured that by being older and spending more time in the program things will be fixed with them. So, it's all good. Right?

This staff could shit in your lunch pail and you would still find ways to talk about how great they are. You are trolling. It's a positive troll, but it is trolling.

You can find about 10 post in just the last three or four days where I said, I wish Brian Ferentz was gone… It makes your statement ill-informed & lazy, you’re smarter than that!

Reactions: sober_teacher
If this is the case then why has he not recommitted? Very unprofessional and wrong how he is handling this. Just decommit or squelch the talk by reaffirming your commitment, be a man about it. And also say you’re sorry for handling it the way you did. Very wrong. Also, you think this money is going to help you become a better person, solve family budget concerns, etc…it can actually have the opposite effect. It is never about the money but people need to learn these lessons on their own. It is about following your heart and taking the road less traveled which ultimately makes you a better person. Stepping down off the soap box. have Merry Christmas.
Sports Illustrated found that after two years of retirement, 78 percent of NFL players are bankrupt or under financial stress.

The list of players like that is long for Iowa. That is why I say they will be just fine.
I know the mothers side of the family well. They were all big but very nonathletic, and I would say soft. That's not a knock on them because they're a very nice family. Just a gentle hard working family. My guess was it would be a few years before he contributed, and fans would be disappointed. I don't know the fathers background. He may be a stud out of the gate. With that said, I hope the swarm isn't offering money to high schoolers. Save the money for college proven transfers. The schools that offer big $ to high school kids are not going to get much bang for the buck.

I know the mothers side of the family well. They were all big but very nonathletic, and I would say soft. That's not a knock on them because they're a very nice family. Just a gentle hard working family. My guess was it would be a few years before he contributed, and fans would be disappointed. I don't know the fathers background. He may be a stud out of the gate. With that said, I hope the swarm isn't offering money to high schoolers. Save the money for college proven transfers. The schools that offer big $ to high school kids are not going to get much bang for the buck.
Agree, big bucks should be for proven guys.

Reactions: acuhawk
Exact reason why the NBA is so opposed to high school kids being eligible for the draft. There have been far more busts with wasted money than Kobe's and LeBron's.

Reactions: acuhawk
Do Iowa fans forget we've had Linderbaum and Wirfs on this offensive line recent years and still ranked in the 100's? Yes having Proctor would ultimately make them better but Linderbaum graded out historically as one of the best OC's ever and our offense was still miserable. Also, this is Bama we are losing to. They have one of the greatest coaches all times, world class facilities and proven track record of getting guys to the league. Let it go and let's focus on who's going to be in the building hawkeye fans.
I read through this thread earlier today...I just wanted to say thanks for writing "brakes" instead of "breaks." I appreciate it!

Getting a 5 star guy in one of the biggest need areas is a very, very big thing. Losing him at the alter is also a very, very big thing.

But, as I have said many times - these high school recruits are only 50% "done", How he develops from here will tell the tale.

So, the Hawks will go get some other guys at 50% at get them to 100%.
He better be ready to earn it at Bama, he's surrounded by 4 and 5 stars that want his job. He would have been a golden child here. He still would have to earn it but he would have stood out.
I think this hurts him long term.

Cm is not a positive troller. I'll take being a hawk fan over being a nebby fan anytime. With cade, all, probably seth Anderson, washinton, etc i expect our offense to be good next year and great the year after. Cm has been as hard on the offense as anyone, he just doesn't blame 2 years of offense for everything under the sun. I'm getting frustrated by being supportive of what is happening with the team now, which i see as positive. Give the bad offense thing a rest for a change. Everyone knows it was horrible. I'm sick of being excited about changes coming while the same people say the same crap. Add something for fs sake

5 works to el oh el….

I suppose you think Baylor and Virginia are blue bloods? Now do teams that have made the Final 4 since 2000 which most Iowa fans would be over the moon with. Lots of programs like Iowa or lower level there

I suppose you think Baylor and Virginia are blue bloods? Now do teams that have made the Final 4 since 2000 which most Iowa fans would be over the moon with. Lots of programs like Iowa or lower level there

Virginia has been pretty relevant since Ralp, Baylor fits your requirement! So 1? Like the 4 I mention in football, right?

Do Iowa fans forget we've had Linderbaum and Wirfs on this offensive line recent years and still ranked in the 100's? Yes having Proctor would ultimately make them better but Linderbaum graded out historically as one of the best OC's ever and our offense was still miserable. Also, this is Bama we are losing to. They have one of the greatest coaches all times, world class facilities and proven track record of getting guys to the league. Let it go and let's focus on who's going to be in the building hawkeye fans.
It doesn’t matter where he went to he went back on his word after supposedly giving it for around a year. I wouldn’t have any dealings with him because you can’t trust him.

Without Lindy, we would have lost 2 more games.

Offense has gotten progressively worse over the past 6yrs.

Claiming "it's bama" is a loser mentality. If we want championships, we have to go after kids, hard. You and this staff have the same defeatist mindset.

Reactions: littlez
Can't pump the brakes, but we can pump the burrito.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT