ADVERTISEMENT

Can you request to not be called cis-gendered without being labeled transphobe?

Yes. What’s the issue? Someone said this. I could definitely see more people taking this stance. I can name 500 people that if you called them cisgender they would tell you to GFY. Not me. But there are a lot out there that do t pay any attention to this shot or even know it exists.
Can you name one person who asked if they were CIS?

Last edited:
It's the same room where everyone is indoctrinated into child grooming
You mean this room?
church-camp.jpg

If you are just a boring old male and someone calls you “cis-gendered”, can you say, “No. I’m not cis-gendered. Please don’t call me that. I’m just a man. I don’t use pronouns or cis labels for myself.”

Would that be offensive to a room full of people who like using those things? Would that person get attacked or would they say, “Cool! You got it!”

This might be useful information to know.
Fvck ‘em. If they’re that sensitive it will be a long, difficult life for them.

Reactions: globalhawk
When I imagine scenarios like this I like to imagine that everyone has the hiccups and is wearing big red clown shoes. That way I remember I'm the one that made this situation up, and don't have to get too worked up.

Reactions: 3boysmom
If you are just a boring old male and someone calls you “cis-gendered”, can you say, “No. I’m not cis-gendered. Please don’t call me that. I’m just a man. I don’t use pronouns or cis labels for myself.”

Would that be offensive to a room full of people who like using those things? Would that person get attacked or would they say, “Cool! You got it!”

I just feel like the term “cis” is a social construct developed by the woke power hierarchy, and I don’t feel like it applies to me today, April 12, 2022. Therefore I demand to be called “cos” which signifies my “masculine plus” ultra manly gender identity.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Doctor's office. Preferred pronouns.
So a Dr's office is trying to meet all of it's patients needs. It's helpful for a doctor to know whether someone is a biological cis-female or a transgender female. It's also simply respectful to call people by the pronouns they prefer. I'm sure no one's going to get furious with you and deny service if you leave it blank. I don't often refer to myself as a cisgendered male, but I'm not too bothered if someone asks the details on a questionaire.

Fvck ‘em. If they’re that sensitive it will be a long, difficult life for them.
So, this is your stance for those who want to be called by different pronouns? Serious question. Just call them whatever you want to call them and tough shit for them? I hear plenty of people say that as well.

To answer the question. No, you can't. The only reason you're upset about it is that you dislike the acceptance of Trans people. So if you're that bothered by someone asking a question on a medical questionnaire what your preferred pronouns are, or if you're cis-gendered or cos-gendered, then yes, you're probably a transphobe of some sort.

Should have stated: Do you know anyone that has been called cis in a conversation?
Yes. I've been in rooms and at events where people were referred to as such.

Again, this 100% stems from someone tweeting that they don't want to be referred to as cis. They were never called that before and don't want to start now. And my question (still is), is this offensive to those who use these labels regularly? I honestly do not know.

The reason I ask questions like this sometimes is because I am offended by nothing. Youngest of 10 kids (7 older brothers) from Philly, in a union household where every race, creed, age and type have spent time in my house eating at our table and nothing was ever off limits. And I learned that MOST others (especially blacks) share this lack of a radar. I like everyone. I also joke with everyone. And I avoid people who take themselves too seriously. But I also, live by the premise that if you don't know something, ask.

So, in this new world of language and genders and broken barriers, sometimes you gotta ask if something that was OK 2 years ago is still OK today. You know...like the OK sign, which apparently isn't allowed to be given anymore.

So, a person said this thing about not wanting to be called cis. It seemed like a "hot take" or whatever you'd call it. And I have absolutely ZERO idea if that's an offensive thing. Because I do know it's offensive to "mislabel" or "deadname" someone. But can you shrug off a label you don't want given to you like that? Most people aren't in tune to the non-binary language of today. And most people don't know what's offensive to say anymore because of it. So, I ask if I don't know. And, as you can see, that in itself offends people here.

I guess some people think you should wake up everyday with new programming, where you should automatically know what has become popular, unpopular or offensive before every interacting with it.

Yes. I've been in rooms and at events where people were referred to as such.

Again, this 100% stems from someone tweeting that they don't want to be referred to as cis. They were never called that before and don't want to start now. And my question (still is), is this offensive to those who use these labels regularly? I honestly do not know.

The reason I ask questions like this sometimes is because I am offended by nothing. Youngest of 10 kids (7 older brothers) from Philly, in a union household where every race, creed, age and type have spent time in my house eating at our table and nothing was ever off limits. And I learned that MOST others (especially blacks) share this lack of a radar. I like everyone. I also joke with everyone. And I avoid people who take themselves too seriously. But I also, live by the premise that if you don't know something, ask.

So, in this new world of language and genders and broken barriers, sometimes you gotta ask if something that was OK 2 years ago is still OK today. You know...like the OK sign, which apparently isn't allowed to be given anymore.

So, a person said this thing about not wanting to be called cis. It seemed like a "hot take" or whatever you'd call it. And I have absolutely ZERO idea if that's an offensive thing. Because I do know it's offensive to "mislabel" or "deadname" someone. But can you shrug off a label you don't want given to you like that? Most people aren't in tune to the non-binary language of today. And most people don't know what's offensive to say anymore because of it. So, I ask if I don't know. And, as you can see, that in itself offends people here.

I guess some people think you should wake up everyday with new programming, where you should automatically know what has become popular, unpopular or offensive before every interacting with it.
I understand your point. I just have never experienced it or know anyone who has. But I am in Iowa. I personally believe pronouns are stupid but it doesn’t bother me (much like you). I think we are on the same page.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
To answer the question. No, you can't. The only reason you're upset about it is that you dislike the acceptance of Trans people. So if you're that bothered by someone asking a question on a medical questionnaire what your preferred pronouns are, or if you're cis-gendered or cos-gendered, then yes, you're probably a transphobe of some sort.
How about this? Why don't you go fvck yourself in your own mouth?

I am not bothered by shit. I am asking a question here. But God forbid not everyone understand all of the intricacies of everything you invented three weeks ago.

I think people like you love this shit. Make up something new, that is offensive only to you and a handful of others, then cry and stomp that life isn't fair and everyone hates you because they haven't grasped this everchanging language, at the exact moment it's first breathed.

73 different gender choices on Facebook. 73. Am I bothered by that? Absolutely not. What I'm bothered by is people like you who think I'm a transphobe because I only know 53 of them. Get a goddamned grip. If you don't want people asking questions about the language, quit fvcking changing it.

“We boil at different degrees”

Not to derail the thread but this whole cis topic got me thinking. I have not gotten onboard with the pronouns, cis, etc. but have no issues with people living their own life and being their true self. My question is without the cis/trans descriptor how are we to know "what" someone is? I get it that a trans male is a male and a trans female is a female but is there/should there be a limit to help ease tensions in society?

I'm thinking a 25 year old cismale goes out to a bar, meets a chick and they begin to date. The chick is old fashioned, wants to wait until marriage, etc. and they fall in love. While they are in love, the cismale really has a desire to be be a father and he wants the traditional husband, wife, 2 kids, and the picket fence. When is the conversation of "I can't have kids because I used to be a guy" supposed to happen? I guess if we wore "gender identifiers" it would be easy and the guy never would have approached the chick in the bar but that is not reality. When the conversation does occur and the guy walks away from the relationship is he now transphobic?

Not to derail the thread but this whole cis topic got me thinking. I have not gotten onboard with the pronouns, cis, etc. but have no issues with people living their own life and being their true self. My question is without the cis/trans descriptor how are we to know "what" someone is? I get it that a trans male is a male and a trans female is a female but is there/should there be a limit to help ease tensions in society?

I'm thinking a 25 year old cismale goes out to a bar, meets a chick and they begin to date. The chick is old fashioned, wants to wait until marriage, etc. and they fall in love. While they are in love, the cismale really has a desire to be be a father and he wants the traditional husband, wife, 2 kids, and the picket fence. When is the conversation of "I can't have kids because I used to be a guy" supposed to happen? I guess if we wore "gender identifiers" it would be easy and the guy never would have approached the chick in the bar but that is not reality. When the conversation does occur and the guy walks away from the relationship is he now transphobic?
This is basically the movie The Crying Game. I would probably lose my mind.

It just gets to be odd. I have never heard CIS outside of this board. Granted I live in Iowa.
I had to look it up a couple of weeks ago, totally agree.

What I do hear is people introducing themselves as he/her/she/him and whatever else. I don't actually think the trans community is wanting to label anyone, let people self identify or don't, but there is probably a lot I do not see or hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: globalhawk
How about this? Why don't you go fvck yourself in your own mouth?

I am not bothered by shit. I am asking a question here. But God forbid not everyone understand all of the intricacies of everything you invented three weeks ago.

I think people like you love this shit. Make up something new, that is offensive only to you and a handful of others, then cry and stomp that life isn't fair and everyone hates you because they haven't grasped this everchanging language, at the exact moment it's first breathed.

73 different gender choices on Facebook. 73. Am I bothered by that? Absolutely not. What I'm bothered by is people like you who think I'm a transphobe because I only know 53 of them. Get a goddamned grip. If you don't want people asking questions about the language, quit fvcking changing it.
But that's not what the OP said. The OP said can I refuse to be labeled as Cis-Gendered and got all up in arms because it might show up on a form. If that's what is being discussed, then yes. If it's that you don't understand some of the new terms, then no. But those are completely different conversations.

But that's not what the OP said. The OP said can I refuse to be labeled as Cis-Gendered and got all up in arms because it might show up on a form. If that's what is being discussed, then yes. If it's that you don't understand some of the new terms, then no. But those are completely different conversations.
I posted the OP. And there is ZERO mentions of a form or any of the other nonsense you are talking about. Holy hell. Maybe read it again and see if you can figure this out before calling others names because you don’t understand something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT