ADVERTISEMENT

Candidates/Likely Hires

Not that it's right but many times they promote within the staff. Who are the non position coaches on staff who might be considered up and comers?

Pictures of Female RB Coaches (insert pic's here)
iu

Gotta like the Army guy as well. There may be some culture shock when they realize their new O Line room isn't filled with guys in the top 1% of smarts and the gung ho and discipline to be an officer.

But blocking precision is very important and those guys sound like the coaches that could instill that sense of the game to our O line.

I'm still concerned we could see what we saw at the end of Fry's tenure. Assistants going to a program where the HC is nearing the end of his career and being unsure of their status.

Fry lost a lot of quality coaches at the end.

• Haha
Reactions: Tytyhawk
I'm still concerned we could see what we saw at the end of Fry's tenure. Assistants going to a program where the HC is nearing the end of his career and being unsure of their status.

Can you list some of the coaches he lost and the time frames that he lost them?

Reactions: desihawk
Gotta like the Army guy as well. There may be some culture shock when they realize their new O Line room isn't filled with guys in the top 1% of smarts and the gung ho and discipline to be an officer.

But blocking precision is very important and those guys sound like the coaches that could instill that sense of the game to our O line.
Yes. Iowa’s onlinemen seem to be a bunch lazy idiots, who couldn’t handle the plane ride to basic training.

Yes. Iowa’s onlinemen seem to be a bunch lazy idiots, who couldn’t handle the plane ride to basic training.

Lighten up Hitler. Where do think I was criticizing the Iowa linemen? We have good linemen but I'm guessing they aren't all top 1% of the IQ pool like the guys at Army or Air Force. Virtually no one else in the country has the discipline of an academy student. Military precision is a metaphor for a reason buddy, for a reason.

Lighten up Hitler. Where do think I was criticizing the Iowa linemen? We have good linemen but I'm guessing they aren't all top 1% of the IQ pool like the guys at Army or Air Force. Virtually no one else in the country has the discipline of an academy student. Military precision is a metaphor for a reason buddy, for a reason.
Your way overestimating how hard it is to get a scholarship into the service academies for football.

We have good linemen but I'm guessing they aren't all top 1% of the IQ pool like the guys at Army or Air Force.
I don’t know anyone that went to West Point, but I know a few that went to Naval and AF Academies— all were/are good students/employees but the top 1% of IQ pool comment seems like a stretch. Not knocking them as none are idiots by any stretch nor are they schmucks.

Ferentz at end of career still has more stability than most head coaches

Coaches are always unsure of status. Nature of the beast

Wanna bet?
I can tell you this. I was an average (B) type student at a Iowa high school, and took the ASVAB, (Armed Services Vocational Apptitude Battery) when I was a junior. Scored in the top 3% of anyone that ever took the test. Had recruiters for all the branches after me for months to sign up. I'm not some Sheldon Cooper either..... o_O

Reactions: dbrocket
Forgetting the Naval Academy ---a little higher ranked academically and usually on the football field.:)

Forgetting the Naval Academy ---a little higher ranked academically and usually on the football field.:)

Just think about what those guys have to do just to stay in school. No one else has discipline like that in their athletic department. Remember, these are future military officers.

Just think about what those guys have to do just to stay in school. No one else has discipline like that in their athletic department. Remember, these are future military officers.
Elite level of discipline if 24 of their players just got caught for cheating on a exam this year.

ADVERTISEMENT