ADVERTISEMENT

Candidates/Likely Hires

I think when KF hangs it up, so will PP and KOK. Phil has been given multiple offers in the past, as I remember a few years ago either he or KF mentioned as much in an interview/presser setting. As others have stated, I don't think Phil is a kissing hands and shaking babies kind of guy. I think he truly loves what he is doing as an X/O kind of guy, that keeps churning out pro players.

I have a feeling BF will end up being the next head coach, and KF may well take on a "special advisor" role with the OL even after he calls it a career, similar to what his mentor, Joe Moore did. I also agree with the previous poster, that Copeland may well be being groomed to take over as OC in the future.

Many other posters in addition to myself have posted that Brian's offenses have to finish consistently higher in the Big Ten rankings before he should be considered for the top job.

You want to hire an offensive coordinator to be head coach? Fine. Show me some really good offense (consistently) that makes you deserving of being a Big Ten Head Coach.

Many other posters in addition to myself have posted that Brian's offenses have to finish consistently higher in the Big Ten rankings before he should be considered for the top job.

You want to hire an offensive coordinator to be head coach? Fine. Show me some really good offense (consistently) that makes you deserving of being a Big Ten Head Coach.
Why though? What difference does it make? It looking at hires I think BF has had a voice and finger print on the “new” younger blood on the staff and ive been impressed with them all.

His OC numbers have zero to do with what the OC he brings/hires. I think he’s more progressive and not as conservative as KF. This year should tell us if he’s made the steps to continue to get better himself. I think he has and does.

Is that all it takes to be a HC is good offense. Better check out successful head coaches and get back to us.

Is that all it takes to be a HC is good offense. Better check out successful head coaches and get back to us.

The job he does now. That's his job, right? What he gets paid for. What else should he be judged on? Not his defensive coaching.

Hire the most qualified and promising coach you can. If his name is Ferentz, fine. The Iowa job is respected enough that there will be many applicants not named Ferentz.

Last edited:

I didn't say that I necessarily agreed with that sentiment, but I do have the feeling that it ends up being the case. I think it ends up being his exposure to coaching everything but QB and WR on the offensive side of the ball, his ties to the program and being a "legacy" as a player and coach. I don't think it would be the right hire but again, just feel that is what will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT