ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Crunch - Holy Cow!

platoon-take.gif

As a kid sometimes I would drop some of my bleached animal bones into my cereal in the morning just for the hell of it. I'd also use some of the flatter bones to spread jelly and peanut butter when I made sandwiches.

Wife & SIL gone today so I'm on my own for lunch. Lookig through the cupboards I see a box of Captian Crunch, so I think why not? Holy smokes, have those things always been that hard to eat without tearing up your mouth? I might have to call 911.
Hold it. You live with your wife and her sister?

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Anyone tried this Magic Spoon stuff I keep seeing advertised? Grain-Free Cereal......What's it made of? Magic Spoon
It’s good. I’m about to have some of the “Fruity” (think Froot Loops).

Ingredients: Milk protein blend (casein whey concentrate), sweetener blend (allulose, Monk Fruit extract, Stevia extract), oil blend (high oliec sunflower oil, avocado oil), tapioca starch, inulin (from chicory root and/or agave), “natural flavor”, salt, turmeric extract, spiraling extract and vegetable juice for color.

How does it taste? Protein heavy shit is usually weird tasting and even weirder texture.
I actually just had a bowl. It tastes pretty much as it should (the peanut butter is my favorite). There is a little bit of protein-ish aftertaste, but overall, I’m really impressed. It’s not an exact replica of Froot Loops, Chocolate Puffs, Captn Crunch, etc., but they do really, really well for like 4-5 net carbs per bowl.

Reactions: coasterhawk75
I love Captain Crunch. Unfortunately I can no longer eat it because of the insane sugar level. 16 grams of sugar in a serving. That's 32% of a person's daily allowance, in one serving (one cup). I don't think 1 cup was ever a serving size for me. Not even close.

Pro tip, use Pepsi or Coke instead of milk. Not only will it taste delicious but the fizziness helps make them softer.

I've eaten ice cream every night for 6 weeks straight now and I've lost 5# and my sugar level is fine. Explain that one, even my doctor is baffled
I can remember a while back, I had to have cereal and milk because we were out of ice cream. Kind of depressing.

I can remember a while back, I had to have cereal and milk because we were out of ice cream. Kind of depressing.

I'm already starting my internal debate over what it's going to be tonight. If I don't see anything new that sounds good, it's going to be black raspberry ice cream with white and dark chocolate chips mixed in. Backup plan is heath bar soft serve

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Wife & SIL gone today so I'm on my own for lunch. Lookig through the cupboards I see a box of Captian Crunch, so I think why not? Holy smokes, have those things always been that hard to eat without tearing up your mouth? I might have to call 911.
Yep, they're supposed to be thoroughly soaked in milk. If lactose intolerant, substitute Bailey's for the milk. You won't taste the Cpn'C, but you won't care.

I love Captain Crunch. Unfortunately I can no longer eat it because of the insane sugar level. 16 grams of sugar in a serving. That's 32% of a person's daily allowance, in one serving (one cup). I don't think 1 cup was ever a serving size for me. Not even close.

It's like 100% processed. All cereal is for the most part.

Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil, Salt, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Yellow 6, BHT (to preserve freshness), Thiamin Mononitrate*, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*, Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

Yep, they're supposed to be thoroughly soaked in milk. If lactose intolerant, substitute Bailey's for the milk. You won't taste the Cpn'C, but you won't care.
No no no. Just a splash of milk so it stays crunchy (this applies to all cereal).

Bean,

I suggested we move my MIL in with us about 18 months ago. MrsZ thought I had lost my mind, cause those two were never that close. It was strictly a health related decision.

I now have a built-in babysitter for my dog!

your SIL a health move as well?

How did I miss this thread?

Cap'n Crunch is the bomb.

Meet me at the fight bar with your cereal bowl if you disagree.

Holy crap. I just looked up that magic spoon cereal. $54 for the variety pack? $38 for one kind? I didn't read too closely but I thought it said almost $2 per serving?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT