ADVERTISEMENT

Carver Wi-Fi

I believe it requires a university of iowa hawk id and password, so unless you're faculty or a student you probably can't access it.

Originally posted by Other-...-Wham!:
would be nice if they had wi-fi or something so you could actually use a cell phone.  Could luck checking scores on other games
I always respond to their season ticket surveys by saying the singular change I'd like to see (since they aren't going to put in more video boards to show highlights, stats and scores) is wi-fi that's password protected and the password provided to season ticket holders. Nice benefit and takes some phones off the cell network to open that up for everyone else. Some year they'll listen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

A lot of baseball stadium's have become Wi-Fi friendly and can do some pretty cool things with fan interactions. Baseball is probably ahead of the game on this because of the time between innings and the tie to all the stats but I think it would be a good move for basketball and football too.

I'm sure the athletic department is thinking "if people have their cell phones to look at during timeouts, who is going to watch the kiss cam?"

Seems like they could set it up where a different password used for each game, so if you have a ticket to said game you can use the Wi-fi.

Realize that it's an extra expense but it's worth the investment for more engagement with the fans. Gives people one less reason to stay home.

Or stick a couple cell repeaters / amplifiers up in the rafters to boost signal indoors. I notice signal strength is pretty bad, but guess I'm not sure if nearby towers have capacity to handle all those phones, even if signal was good...

Originally posted by NorthCentralHawk:
Or stick a couple cell repeaters / amplifiers up in the rafters to boost signal indoors. I notice signal strength is pretty bad, but guess I'm not sure if nearby towers have capacity to handle all those phones, even if signal was good...
US Cellular FTW

I went to the Big 10 tournament in Chicago 2 years ago, and inside the program, they provided you with the wi fi password for the United Center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT