ADVERTISEMENT

Cassar Gets 2 med years

Scryed

HR All-State
Sep 5, 2014
Ridiculous. I could understand and support one extra season, but 2?! Absolutely insane and unnecessary

Two? Wow. Have to wonder if he wrestles them both since he has UFC aspirations that seem to be a priority.

Reactions: Sumhawk
Perhaps this is fake news but I see the Penn state forum lighting up with cheer about it as well so I'm guessing it is true. I really am not a fan of a 2 year extension, cassar is going to be older than Matt brown was when he graduated

I didn't think the NCAA did more than a year at a time?

Yea, I think you are correct, but then again this would be F*** st. and rules just don't seem to apply the same for them.

Perhaps this is fake news but I see the Penn state forum lighting up with cheer about it as well so I'm guessing it is true. I really am not a fan of a 2 year extension, cassar is going to be older than Matt brown was when he graduated

So with there relatively new "gray' shirts, added to the Red shirt, + TWO med shirts. F*** st Wrestlers can now get 8 years!?!?!?!

Oh wait, forgot an Olympic year, Hardship waiver, did not enroll thing.......

So technically their guys can Wrestle for however long it takes. Grab some PEDs and re-event yourself after the regular time frame!!! UNREAL!

Yea, I think you are correct, but then again this would be F*** st. and rules just don't seem to apply the same for them.

So with there relatively new "gray' shirts, added to the Red shirt, + TWO med shirts. F*** st Wrestlers can now get 8 years!?!?!?!

So technically their guys can Wrestle for however long it takes. Grab some PEDs and re-event yourself after the regular time frame!!! UNREAL!

6 Years, and Gray Shirts and PED's, oh my! Penn State is CHEATING!

......and Vodka liked it. Shocking!

Reactions: Afw6006 and Hotshoe

Call it whatever you want D-bag!!! It was very clear to everyone exactly what cassar did!

Many others in college do it too so a D-bag like you may think its OK. I for one would crack down real hard on the BS because it takes away from those who do it right!

Regardless, once again, if this is true and the NCAA gave this guy 2 more years. Then they are about the most useless bunch of A-holes running anything!

This will just allow ANY team with a bunch of money to disregard the eligibility rules completely. As someone already posted in another Thread, you just claim you are hurt and get another year.

I would ask the NCAAs and the F*** st dummies. What exactly was he doing in those "2 years he missed?"

Was he practicing at all? Was he rehabbing? Where was he rehabbing? Who was paying for it? Was he with the team in ANY manner? Was he taking classes at F*** st.? Was he getting any scholly money? If not who was paying for school then? Who is paying now?

The list goes on and on!!!!

That being said. Big Cass beats him anyway!

I'm fine with that I hope they issue medical red shirts fairly and often going forward. I would be surprised if he stays two more years . Even if he gets on full scholarship that's 2 years that you are still going to school and not making money. That would be tough if you are ready to graduate.

Reactions: crablegs1
I have never even heard of getting 2 years. lmfao.

I didn't think the NCAA did more than a year at a time?

Grant Leeth:
https://mutigers.com/news/2018/5/17...eives-two-years-of-eligibility-from-ncaa.aspx

shirt-1533580920-38e46a1d35a6f370810a6e0062e70176.png

I don't really care what the NCAA does, but it's going to be funny as hell in two years - at the 2021 NCAA tournament - to potentially hear, "Cassar, a New Jersey state champion as a senior in 2014!" ... Something just doesn't seem right about that, regardless of the name associated with it.
It's really not much different than mormon wrestlers going on their trips or missions or whatever and coming back years later with eligibility remaining

Cassar at the caf...
tumblr_ocrbscpb481sgixyoo1_400.gif
Would be funny if it wasn't true. They are talking about at least 1/2 their line up being on a 6th or more year plan right now.

What will they do down the road, get Jordan Burroughs???

Call it whatever you want D-bag!!! It was very clear to everyone exactly what cassar did!

Many others in college do it too so a D-bag like you may think its OK. I for one would crack down real hard on the BS because it takes away from those who do it right!

Regardless, once again, if this is true and the NCAA gave this guy 2 more years. Then they are about the most useless bunch of A-holes running anything!

This will just allow ANY team with a bunch of money to disregard the eligibility rules completely. As someone already posted in another Thread, you just claim you are hurt and get another year.

I would ask the NCAAs and the F*** st dummies. What exactly was he doing in those "2 years he missed?"

Was he practicing at all? Was he rehabbing? Where was he rehabbing? Who was paying for it? Was he with the team in ANY manner? Was he taking classes at F*** st.? Was he getting any scholly money? If not who was paying for school then? Who is paying now?

Not sure why people can't understand this very some point .it all has to be DOCUMENTED for the student to get an extension for Eligibility. Why do you insist on sharing this B's about students just saying they are hurt and doing whatever.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Cassar definitely deserved at least one year, and he had a very strong case to get two years under the "new" rules. Good for him. It's similar to Grant Leeth's situation

Makes me feel sick for Drew Ott though, who couldn't even get a fifth year. If he was around today I would have to think it would've been different for him

Afaik he didn't have surgery

Cassar had at least one surgery on his shoulder, which was the reason he missed one of his years.

Cassar's injury history is very well documented and its not like the details are just coming out now. He's been a shoe-in case for at least a sixth year for a few seasons now

Reactions: slushhead
I'm fine with that I hope they issue medical red shirts fairly and often going forward. I would be surprised if he stays two more years . Even if he gets on full scholarship that's 2 years that you are still going to school and not making money. That would be tough if you are ready to graduate.

Not making money? Are you kidding? He will be well compensated or he would go the MMA route. Does it take 7 years to get a B.S. in tan, laundry, gym?

Reactions: Wink8

If T&T would be able to recruit some of the talent away from PSU, Cael wouldn't need to be so creative.

Reactions: PSU197276
Wtf u talking about. That's precisely the reason cael is getting creative.

What do you think Lee, Kemerer, Young, and Murin are?
So, Iowa is driving Penn State's success. That's an angle I hadn't thought of. Here, I thought he was getting creative because he had too many blue chippers that wanted to wrestle for him.

Not sure what all the outrage is about. This was on the radar for quite a while and discussed a lot. And it remains to be seen whether Cassar opts to take 2, 1, or 0 of the granted years we all knew were coming.

Cassar's MMA agent will have to fund his peds for 2 more years. That's a lot to ask for an uproven guy with health injuries before he found Taylor's fountain of youth in a bottle.

Be serious though...this is a tad out of control. 75 years to wrestle 4? Come on...even you wouldn’t want to see any national champ get two additional years for a rival team no matter the circumstances. That’s too much considering it’s hard to get one single year back. Of course HR is going to b@tch about it. Come back in an hr or so and say something along the lines of “yes, it’s shocking and we are fortunate but the cheating allegations are uncalled for”. I think that will go over much better. Or do us all a solid and don’t come back at all? Yeah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT