ADVERTISEMENT

Cassioppi and Kennedy win U23 WTT

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Nice job cass and kennedy! Would like to know how carr and kennedy match up. Hope kennedy makes a leap this summer. Also swafford.

125 - Lee
133 - Schriever
141 - woods
149 - mad max
157 - kennedy
165 - brands
174 - swafford
184 - abe
197 - Warner
Heavy - cass whoopin

I know kennedy likely not that low but that would be a stacked line up…

Nice job cass and kennedy! Would like to know how carr and kennedy match up. Hope kennedy makes a leap this summer. Also swafford.

125 - Lee
133 - Schriever
141 - woods
149 - mad max
157 - kennedy
165 - brands
174 - swafford
184 - abe
197 - Warner
Heavy - cass whoopin

I know kennedy likely not that low but that would be a stacked line up…
Can Nelson make 165?

Reactions: PinDoxRico
Can Nelson make 165?
I don’t have any “inside knowledge” about any of this stuff, but I’d say it’s safe to say that Nelson could make it, for during one of the first pressers earlier in the season last year, Tom Brands complimented Nelson on his willingness to do whatever benefited the team in terms of weight and Nelson made a comment in the presser, something along the lines of, “yep, 184, 174, 165, I’ll do any of them, wherever the team needs me.” And he seemed confident when he said it…like 165 wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

He was 160 his Senior year in HS… a lot of the national competition he wrestled in HS are at 165 now… Nelson can make that and despite what anyone says, he WOULD AA if he were there and he could even win it…all depends on that Tommy John Surgery… so much of his game is dependent on his snap game on his feet… hopefully he can still snap with the same ruthlessness after the surgery.

I don’t know if anyone has brought the idea of going to 157 to Kennedy or not, but I feel like if 165 was that much of a deal for him, he wouldn’t have been at 163 last weekend. He’s definitely got a similar height to most 157 lbers, but he’s got a ton of muscle volume. With him, I get the vibe that he is taking a leadership role on the team and he’d prolly go to 157 if he felt he could do it and still perform to his ability. If it’s too much though, hopefully he stays clear of it… gotta keep this guy happy. He really is a star in the making. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard Brennan talk in a higher regard about any wrestler he’s ever met than Pat Kennedy. Pat is a large reason for the strides that Brennan has made… and I’d like to HOPE that Brennan has helped Pat as well… the guy is “unbreakable.” And there is some talent and transitions that are being crafted just because of him (Kennedy) right now.

I don’t have any “inside knowledge” about any of this stuff, but I’d say it’s safe to say that Nelson could make it, for during one of the first pressers earlier in the season last year, Tom Brands complimented Nelson on his willingness to do whatever benefited the team in terms of weight and Nelson made a comment in the presser, something along the lines of, “yep, 184, 174, 165, I’ll do any of them, wherever the team needs me.” And he seemed confident when he said it…like 165 wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

He was 160 his Senior year in HS… a lot of the national competition he wrestled in HS are at 165 now… Nelson can make that and despite what anyone says, he WOULD AA if he were there and he could even win it…all depends on that Tommy John Surgery… so much of his game is dependent on his snap game on his feet… hopefully he can still snap with the same ruthlessness after the surgery.

I don’t know if anyone has brought the idea of going to 157 to Kennedy or not, but I feel like if 165 was that much of a deal for him, he wouldn’t have been at 163 last weekend. He’s definitely got a similar height to most 157 lbers, but he’s got a ton of muscle volume. With him, I get the vibe that he is taking a leadership role on the team and he’d prolly go to 157 if he felt he could do it and still perform to his ability. If it’s too much though, hopefully he stays clear of it… gotta keep this guy happy. He really is a star in the making. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard Brennan talk in a higher regard about any wrestler he’s ever met than Pat Kennedy. Pat is a large reason for the strides that Brennan has made… and I’d like to HOPE that Brennan has helped Pat as well… the guy is “unbreakable.” And there is some talent and transitions that are being crafted just because of him (Kennedy) right now.
Yep. Guys may forget Nelson was weighing in at 181-182 the year he wrestled 184.

In regards to PK, I saw him taking leadership roles while in high school still. When he’d come down for weekend workouts he’d be the one pushing guys to finish the end of workout push-ups strong and keeping good form all the way through. This is after taking their lunch money during the workouts.

Yep. Guys may forget Nelson was weighing in at 181-182 the year he wrestled 184.

In regards to PK, I saw him taking leadership roles while in high school still. When he’d come down for weekend workouts he’d be the one pushing guys to finish the end of workout push-ups strong and keeping good form all the way through. This is after taking their lunch money during the workouts.
Yep. Can’t remember a HS kid coming strait in and holding his own and then some the way PK did. The PK we saw in Ohio is the real one. He battled a few things last year and if he hadn’t, I think he would’ve gotten a few more opportunities at the line up. Young man is nails. Beyond excited to see him match up with the top guys at the weight.

And as far as his weight goes, PK is one of those guys that’s just plain heavy. I’m confident in saying he’ll be the P4P strongest ‘65 in the field. If PK can score more than one TD in the first period vs the top guys he’ll be incredibly hard for anyone in the country to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT