ADVERTISEMENT

Cassioppi. Does anyone else

think the way he is dominating this year that he will give Gable Stevenson(spelling) all he can handle in the future?
Nathan Burak beat Snyder -- in their house, even. Granted, that was early in his career, and he's absolutely phenomenal. But hey -- Gable, McIlravy, Spencer, etc. -- the list goes on. Even the very best of the best can be beaten on any given day. Hoping Cass picks the right time(s) to beat Steveson -- when it counts the most.

Gotta go. Been fun:
caught-my-limit-14043526.jpg

J went through the school's protocol by the book. He made the administration aware and followed the school's safe harbor guidelines.

Problem seems to have been fixed. You guys are willingly bringing in a new problem this year who is becoming the team mascot-joker. Weird.
Funny you people razz PSU about a slushfund. How much is PDIII receiving to wrestle for the HWC after this semester? If you can't beat them, join them huh?
Apparently Minnie's safe school harbor guidelines involve flushing Xanax into the harbor.

Reactions: Mcbooger
What a read. Now all I am wondering is, what was in the backpack Lizak was wearing the other day in the video they posted. Wasn't directions on how to be NATO and that is for sure. Don't need those as we have Gilman and Clark. Either way it is going to be a tall task for Lee.

Reactions: Dagboi and Gobblin
Banned has been teetering on the edge for awhile, finally stepped over the ignore line. I have to deal with idiots every day in real life, I won't here in my leisure time. This board has gotten much easier to read since I broke down and started using that feature. Bye, bye Banned.

Gopher fan here, that troll was embarrassing. I know you guys know enough not to judge an entire fan base based on one person so please don't lump me, or the other Minnesota contributors in with him. Back to the topic at hand, my opinion is the same as many others here; it is highly unlikely that Cassioppi defeats Gable during their career but anything can happen. I think the biggest competition for Gable will be Daniel Kerkvliet. If you guys don't know much about him, he's a Junior at Simley High School (Short, Wanzek) and was committed to the Gophers when he projected at 197. He simply got too big, currently wrestling at 220, and is now planning on competing at Oklahoma State. He's the real deal and I'm guessing he'll be ranked in the top 5 PFP for next year's class, if not number 1. Typing this out made me very sad that we're not getting him because that would have been an incredible duo to close out our meets.

Edit: He's currently number 3 on Flo's Class of 2019 Big Board.

Last edited:
Gopher fan here, that troll was embarrassing. I know you guys know enough not to judge an entire fan base based on one person so please don't lump me, or the other Minnesota contributors in with him. Back to the topic at hand, my opinion is the same as many others here; it is highly unlikely that Cassioppi defeats Gable during their career but anything can happen. I think the biggest competition for Gable will be Daniel Kerkvliet. If you guys don't know much about him, he's a Junior at Simley High School (Short, Wanzek) and was committed to the Gophers when he projected at 197. He simply got too big, currently wrestling at 220, and is now planning on competing at Oklahoma State. He's the real deal and I'm guessing he'll be ranked in the top 5 PFP for next year's class, if not number 1. Typing this out made me very sad that we're not getting him because that would have been an incredible duo to close out our meets.

Isn't he the kid the Warner beat at some tournament in MN last year?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vallholl
think the way he is dominating this year that he will give Gable Stevenson(spelling) all he can handle in the future?
Stevenson wrestle in a d1 open early season and worked over several d1 guys like he was drilling.... hope cass is phenomenal just sayin.

Isn't he the kid the Warner beat at sometournament in MN last year?

Yes, at the Christmas Tournament in Rochester. I think Warner won by five or so. Kerkvliet was a sophomore and I don't think he's lost since that match but I could be mistaken.

Reactions: Dagboi
No, Steveson is a different breed all together. I do think Cas will battle out it well with the younger Nevills and Schultz (as well as others). Steveson may be the most impressive recruit I can ever remember seeing.

Well Cael got what Minnesota should have got.
What a team that could have been with Berge,Hall and Stevetson.
Know 3 don't make a team but what a good foundation if
they could have.

Yes, Cael turned Mark Hall into a very good wrestler. Too bad Steveson didn't go to PSU, then the world could be awed at how Cael developed him into AA material.

Well Cael got what Minnesota should have got.
What a team that could have been with Berge,Hall and Stevetson.
Know 3 don't make a team but what a good foundation if
they could have.
Overall, I think it would be fair to say that, for the most part, Minnesota high school phenoms haven't really set the world on fire as collegians. There are some obvious exceptions, but the number of that have struggled in college is notable.

Back to Cass... as an Iowa fan, I am very happy to have him coming. If he's a 2-3x AA, it will be a big positive.

I guess my question is who is he dominating? Don't see anyone he will be competing against for AA honors in college. I wanna see how he does vs Gable, Parris, Schultz, Nevills, Kerkvliet, Amos, Singletary, Hillger, Wood, Stencel etc. He's looked really good but it's hard to tell until he goes against the very best around his age.

Edit: He's currently number 3 on Flo's Class of 2019 Big Board.

Hey Capty Caveman, you talking bout me? They trashed MN. You just want to fluff Kerk. Go ahead and let them slam MN and say it's ok.
EDIT: "defeats Gable during their career but anything can happen."
OWN A PAIR! But anything can happen!
Gable can beat anybody in the WORLD, but anything can happen!

Last edited:
Overall, I think it would be fair to say that, for the most part, Minnesota high school phenoms haven't really set the world on fire as collegians. There are some obvious exceptions, but the number of that have struggled in college is notable.

Back to Cass... as an Iowa fan, I am very happy to have him coming. If he's a 2-3x AA, it will be a big positive.
I agree. Upperweights have had it tough. But, what has Iowa produced? Insert "we recruit".

J went through the school's protocol by the book. He made the administration aware and followed the school's safe harbor guidelines.

Problem seems to have been fixed. You guys are willingly bringing in a new problem this year who is becoming the team mascot-joker. Weird.
Funny you people razz PSU about a slushfund. How much is PDIII receiving to wrestle for the HWC after this semester? If you can't beat them, join them huh?

You have to be the biggest dolt on the planet to suggest some sort of payoff to PDIII. LMFAO Your attempts to explain the drug fiasco are amusing.

Reactions: MitchL and Gobblin
Believe me, I get it. I just wanted to stand up a bit for J Rob's integrity. Now, if you want to bash him for how he let that get in the way of doing what was legally required of him, go for it!
Sounds like JRob and Joe Paterno had the same integrity. What's good for them and their programs???

How many tourney points does Sam "bully you out of bounce" Stoll have? His pushouts have gotten him two blown out knees and zero national tourney points. Just sayin.
You really have to be proud of Gable S. to duck Snyder this year. Oh, I have a sore back until Snyder graduates.

I don't support either crimes, I'm just pointing out your Hawkeyes broke into peoples garages and cars AND STOLE! Big issue is your hawkeyes were arrested by the police. No arrests were made or charges pressed in MN. All you can do is speculate from the words of a snitch. Most people approve of how J handled the situation except for a few boneheads like you.
Funny...I thought you would be more offended by our guys killing rodents...

Sounds like JRob and Joe Paterno had the same integrity. What's good for them and their programs???

Quite possibly the dumbest post I have read on here. You are comparing a coach who allegedly covered up rape, to a coach that only acquired evidence related to prescription drug sale/use(again allegedly) because he swore to the kids that he would grant them immunity if they came forward so that he could end whatever may have been going on before something irreversibly bad happened.

He swore to his wrestlers and stood by it. That IN NO WAY is remotely similar to ANYTHING that happened at PSU...........

Having watched Anthony Cassioppi wrestle in several tournaments (IL) this year I believe Cassioppi is (and will be) a formable opponent for any heavyweight. If there was a ‘gap to close’ between Steveson and Cassioppi, then today these guys are very close in all wrestling elements; size, atheism, quickness, intensity, and technique.

Admittedly I have only seen videos of Steveson, so this posting will have critics. But I would assure Iowa wrestling fans that Casssioppi will compete with any heavyweight, including Steveson. I'm certain others on this forum who have seen Cassioppi this season will confirm my view(s). Hawkeyes will love the Cassioppi, the kid is a ton of talent!

Having watched Anthony Cassioppi wrestle in several tournaments (IL) this year I believe Cassioppi is (and will be) a formable opponent for any heavyweight. If there was a ‘gap to close’ between Steveson and Cassioppi, then today these guys are very close in all wrestling elements; size, atheism, quickness, intensity, and technique.

Admittedly I have only seen videos of Steveson, so this posting will have critics. But I would assure Iowa wrestling fans that Casssioppi will compete with any heavyweight, including Steveson. I'm certain others on this forum who have seen Cassioppi this season will confirm my view(s). Hawkeyes will love the Cassioppi, the kid is a ton of talent!

Here is Steveson about to tech him before he gets the pin in a 1:30. Think it was may 2017. Yah, it's freestyle but it is still a complete a** whooping:

I guess my question is who is he dominating? Don't see anyone he will be competing against for AA honors in college. I wanna see how he does vs Gable, Parris, Schultz, Nevills, Kerkvliet, Amos, Singletary, Hillger, Wood, Stencel etc. He's looked really good but it's hard to tell until he goes against the very best around his age.

You don't think he's been wrestling good competition? He won the juniors triple crown last year and has won international tournaments. And there's this:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT