ADVERTISEMENT

Cataract surgery...

Wife had both in the spring.
2 weeks apart. It was a breeze for her.
About 15 min an eye.
I'm up this fall.

I've had both eyes done and got along great. Instead of having both eyes 100% long distance and then would have to always use readers for up close reading, I had the right eye at 100% long distance and the right eye at 50/50, so that most small print, I do not need a reader. I do need a reader for real small print. I still have prescription glasses for reading and watchin TV, because if I only had readers, I would need to take them off or look over the top of them if I wanted to see the TV screen. Sorry to go on and on. My best advice if anyone has this done, is make sure you adhere to the instructions regarding the eye drops, no skipping or stopping them prematurely.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Thanks, guys!

I am doing it this week on my only good eye. Legally blind in other eye and was always hesitant in the event something went sideways with the surgery.

Between local eye care provider and cataract surgeon, they convinced me to do it.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Procedure itself is very easy. You’ll have an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist there but you could easily do without. The main anesthetic is local eye drops but often you get very light sedation. Most people don’t really need anything else. Likely the most easy “surgery” you’ll ever have done (most easy for you the patient).

Thanks, guys!

I am doing it this week on my only good eye. Legally blind in other eye and was always hesitant in the event something went sideways with the surgery.

Between local eye care provider and cataract surgeon, they convinced me to do it.
Yours is my situation to a “T”…worked out fine for me. The docs decided not to correct my vision to 20/20 because they wanted me to wear glasses as added protection for my “good eye”…. But I am just below 20/20 and can function mostly without glasses…watching TV, driving , etc…even playing golf. I need glasses to reading and that type of close-in stuff. Good luck.

Reactions: MitchLL
Anyone had it.

What to expect?
I figured you more as a hemorrhoids kinda of guy not…….

huh-what.gif

JK. Good luck this week!

Reactions: MitchLL
I'm sure EVERYONE will be devastated if I take a few days off posting this week.

Might need to do a "Scruddy/Phenomenally" rage posting until then.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
I’m hoping to get vitrectomy surgery one of these days.

Not a very common surgery which is slightly concerning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT