ADVERTISEMENT

Cats are weird

unsubstantiated

HR All-American
Oct 21, 2004
I have two cats, and have been around them my whole life.

I never noticed their ears before. If my cat is sitting facing away from me, and I make a sudden noise, the openings in his ears suddenly point backwards toward me. The rest of his head doesn't move.

One of my cats never laps water from the bowl. Every drop of water I have seen him drink is from his paw. He dips his paw in the water and drinks from it like a thirsty cowboy returning from the desert.

Mine is getting too fat for her cat tower 😐

A792-F851-0667-42-DA-BE3-D-F1-FCFEA6838-C.jpg

Just the momentum of getting in there should tip that thing over. They sure like to be up high looking down at everything.

Unlike me, my cats have stayed pretty thin. I always let their food run completely down before I refill. I want them to know that it doesn't just appear out of nowhere, lol. They get outside a lot, too.

Reactions: GOHOX69
We found a tiny kitten on the side of the highway by our business last summer and brought him home. He’s the weirdest freaking cat I’ve ever seen. He sucks on his bed while needing and purring on it(oral fixation) since he was weened way too young. He also likes to bring up socks from the laundry room and leave them in the living room and thinks our dog is his mom. He also has to stand on top of the water dish to drink.

Growing up our cat would skip the litter box and shit in my moms Philodendron Pot. Same cat disappeared one winter. One day in the spring thaw we could hear a screeching cat calling out form our next door neighbors garage. The neighbors wintered in Florida and usually left just after thanksgiving. The Cat disappeared in Early December. This was mid March. We pried the garage door open to find that damn cat. It was nothing but a bag of bones. Somehow it managed to drink the melting snow that dripped into the garage from a leak. The Cat managed to live another 6 years after the winter incident. Continued to shit in moms plants.

Growing up our cat would skip the litter box and shit in my moms Philodendron Pot. Same cat disappeared one winter. One day in the spring thaw we could hear a screeching cat calling out form our next door neighbors garage. The neighbors wintered in Florida and usually left just after thanksgiving. The Cat disappeared in Early December. This was mid March. We pried the garage door open to find that damn cat. It was nothing but a bag of bones. Somehow it managed to drink the melting snow that dripped into the garage from a leak. The Cat managed to live another 6 years after the winter incident. Continued to shit in moms plants.

Holy crap it’s crazy that you posted this. My neighbor’s cats are roamers. Roscoe disappeared at least a month ago. She got home from Arizona and I get text saying that Roscoe was home and skinny but otherwise fine. I just figured he got smoked on the road and was a goner.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Holy crap it’s crazy that you posted this. My neighbor’s cats are roamers. Roscoe disappeared at least a month ago. She got home from Arizona and I get text saying that Roscoe was home and skinny but otherwise fine. I just figured he got smoked on the road and was a goner.
Alot of farm cats are taken by hawks or other birds of prey. Also if they are intact, the males will fight to death. Aside from cars, cats can also end up being a meal for a fox/bobcat/coyote.

I see you guys already have your Sunday morning buzz going on. Congratulations! Jealous. 🤪 Or afternoon, whatever.

You need to stop giving the kitty qca pizza and Portillos :) That tower looks like the outside of a pair of old Bose speakers I had. When my cat was alive, I got it a tower. My mother was against declawing the animal. It never used the tower once either to exercise it's clawing or to sleep. It did shred couch after couch to oblivion. Cats are strange indeed. Or malevolent :)

Reactions: torbee
You need to stop giving the kitty qca pizza and Portillos :) That tower looks like the outside of a pair of old Bose speakers I had. When my cat was alive, I got it a tower. My mother was against declawing the animal. It never used the tower once either to exercise it's clawing or to sleep. It did shred couch after couch to oblivion. Cats are strange indeed. Or malevolent :)
I have two cat beds in perfect condition because neither has ever been sat on. Meanwhile my recliner and office chairs get repeatedly covered in cat hair.

Yeah, very pleased she actually uses it. It helps we put the bird feeder next to the window there.

Just remember if your cat or anyone's for that matter was the size of your Lab, you wouldn't have a Lab anymore and you quite possibly would be on the menu

I once had cat when I lived on the edge of town that was a natural born hunter always bring stuff back to show off as trophies. A pack of red foxes usually roamed the neighborhood. One of the foxes tangled with this cat. Cat won.

Anyone that lets or can't keep there cat indoors, should never declaw their cat. They need the defense mechanisms. Needless to say the foxes never came around again. But that could also be cause some redneck was illegally shooting them in town. The foxes were beautiful. But that cat was built like brick shit house, much like the pic of Torbee's but was still young at that age and all muscle.

If I ever lived on an acreage, I would get a maine coon.

I once had cat when I lived on the edge of town that was a natural born hunter always bring stuff back to show off as trophies. A pack of red foxes usually roamed the neighborhood. One of the foxes tangled with this cat. Cat won.

Anyone that lets or can't keep there cat indoors, should never declaw their cat. They need the defense mechanisms. Needless to say the foxes never came around again. But that could also be cause some redneck was illegally shooting them in town. The foxes were beautiful. But that cat was built like brick shit house, much like the pic of Torbee's but was still young at that age and all muscle.

If I ever lived on an acreage, I would get a maine coon.
Among the dozen or more feral cats we have at my apartment complex is a Magnificent Maine Coon that towers over his fellows.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Among the dozen or more feral cats we have at my apartment complex is a Magnificent Maine Coon that towers over his fellows.

That is nuts. There are no feral Maine Coons in Iowa that I have ever seen. That tells me it is another florida person that bought a "toy" and then couldn't handle it. Kind of like all those snake lovers that buy them small and then realize they get too big. But there are some of those idiots in Iowa too, pythons just can't survive iowa winters if they are let go.

Last edited:
That is nuts. There are no feral Maine Coons in Iowa that I have ever seen. That tells me it is another florida person that bought a "toy" and then couldn't handle it. Kind of like all those snake lovers that buy them small and then realize they get too big. But there are some of those idiots in Iowa too, pythons just survive iowa winters if they are let go.
There are a lot of military personnel here that are inherently transient and may underestimate the dedication needed. Then we have the well meaning folks that will leave food and water outside their apartment for them. Hell our maintenance staff has an as far as I can tell a permanent bowl of food and water outside the shed. On the plus side there are pretty much no small vermin within the area.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT