ADVERTISEMENT

Caucasian Point Guards....

With all this talk about whether or not Jason Bohannon is a legit point guard because of the color of his skin. How many former Caucasian point guards can anyone remember making a impact for their teams over the past say 30 years.....I'll start, Duke's Bobby Hurley, seems he directed Duke to 3 national titles.....
Steve Nash, Aaraon Craft, Neitzl, Jeff Horner

I wouldn't mind having the next John Stockton if they can find him. There's about as non-descript a guy as you'll find by outward appearances who just happens to be one of the NBAs all time greatest point guards.

If you are referring to Celtic great Bob Cousy, his is the first name that came to mind when considering white point guards. Those of us born in the 40's and 50's remember him as being a wizard with the basketball.

If you are referring to Celtic great Bob Cousy, his is the first name that came to mind when considering white point guards. Those of us born in the 40's and 50's remember him as being a wizard with the basketball.
JBo is 1 20 pg's to be nominated to the Bob Cousy Award Watch List for the best PG in D1, not sure how many SO PG's made this list. but they at least consider him a Elite PG.
that is all I need to say on the matter.

Last thing from me on this...I just wish I could cite an example of a white point guard in an Iowa uniform beating out a black point guard for the starting spot based on the fact that he is a better point guard. Has that ever happened? Wait...

Reactions: DanL53
John Stockton is debatably the greatest true PG ever to play the game at any level. Yes he was in college more than 30 years ago but he dominated the sport. When he retired at 42 he was still leading the league in assists and 3pt shooting percentage. Race has no bearing on basketball. JoBo might not be the fastest or most athletic but he can succeed. Basketball is as much about intelligence and anticipation as it athleticism and if you can see the play develop you can create opportunities even against superior competition

Right on! Sounds like Magic Johnson at the time Stocky broke Magic's assist record. JS also has the career steal record by about 600 over number 2. Although in all fairness to the KKK v. BLM dichotomy here Stockton was really very fast when he was young.

Add a few more Michigan St point guards....Drew Neitzel and Scott Skiles....hated both of them but both were really good....

With all this talk about whether or not Jason Bohannon is a legit point guard because of the color of his skin. How many former Caucasian point guards can anyone remember making a impact for their teams over the past say 30 years.....I'll start, Duke's Bobby Hurley, seems he directed Duke to 3 national titles.....

I don't know if someone addressed this already or not, but I assume you mean Jordan. As far as I know, Jason's playing days are over (unless he competes at the Y or some rec league).

Also, Duke won two national titles when Bobby Hurley was there, not three.

Probably the best point guard of all-time, if we are talking strictly college, was Pistol Pete Maravich at LSU, as he averaged 44.2 points per game. He's white. Yes, that's correct, the best college basketball player of all time was white. Which means diddly shit. If you can play, you can play.

And Jordan can play.

Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jor......just like Bart Simpson on a chalk board. Eventually I'll get it....:(

So no ones gonna mention Jason Williams?? One of the best ball handlers and ball distributors I’ve seen no matter what skin tone we’re talking.. Iowa had kid with a pretty good handel to that could run the point pretty well to I think Jake Kelly was his name.. all that said Andre Woolridge ran the point at Iowa like no other! Lol

I wouldn't mind having the next John Stockton if they can find him. There's about as non-descript a guy as you'll find by outward appearances who just happens to be one of the NBAs all time greatest point guards.
Yea, but he sure could rock those "nutters". Sorry..........

So no ones gonna mention Jason Williams?? One of the best ball handlers and ball distributors I’ve seen no matter what skin tone we’re talking.. Iowa had kid with a pretty good handel to that could run the point pretty well to I think Jake Kelly was his name.. all that said Andre Woolridge ran the point at Iowa like no other! Lol

Jake Kelly might have been one of my favorite players in the Lick era besides Matt Gatens, was disappointed as hell he transferred to Evansville....

"Race has no bearing on basketball."

The race of the majority of the best players at every level says otherwise. The numbers don't lie and the God of biomechanics will not be disavowed. Citing exceptions that prove the rule does not disprove the numbers.

"Basketball is as much about intelligence and anticipation as it is athleticism..."

No. An elite athlete with below average intelligence and anticipation skills will beat an average athlete with superior intelligence and anticipation skills every time and very badly.

Further, anticipation can be learned and improved upon by even the dimmest elite athlete. Elite athleticism cannot be learned. It's a gift.

I tend to agree with you on this. There's a reason the NBA is 85% black. There's a reason 90% of skill position players in the NFL are black and about 75% of offensive lineman are white. And lucky for the cold weather states, very few black people play hockey or they'd dominate that as well.

lest we forget Cully Payne till he was hurt he was the starting PG in Fran's 1st season. then Cartwright took over but Cartwright DID NOT beat him out, then Cully transferred out

history is loaded with White PG's and now all of sudden the only people that can be any good at being PG's are African Americans, give me a break,

Fast twitch, slow twitch muscle and bio metrics.

Black, brown, yellow or white.

Genetics, athleticism... parents, brothers and sisters... and community.

Hard work, dedication... blood, sweat and tears.

Let's throw it all out and see what happens..

Last thing from me on this...I just wish I could cite an example of a white point guard in an Iowa uniform beating out a black point guard for the starting spot based on the fact that he is a better point guard. Has that ever happened? Wait...
how soon you forget
Gesell and Clemmons were both PG's and Gesell beat him out and Gesell was the 2 time Gatorade POY in Nebraska. not only did he beat out Clemmons but Clemmons held off a JUCO 2nd Team AA Dickerson another African American , and last but not Least JBo beat out Williams for the PG spot also JBo was Iowa's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY AS A PG. you so dead set in refusing to believe a white player CAN'T PLAY PG, its disgusting,

how soon you forget
Gesell and Clemmons were both PG's and Gesell beat him out and Gesell was the 2 time Gatorade POY in Nebraska. not only did he beat out Clemmons but Clemmons held off a JUCO 2nd Team AA Dickerson another African American , and last but not Least JBo beat out Williams for the PG spot also JBo was Iowa's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY AS A PG. you so dead set in refusing to believe a white player CAN'T PLAY PG, its disgusting,

FENmz.png

One of the best white PG / SG combos in the country is Donte DiVincenzo of Villanova a/k/a Big Ragu a/k/a the Michael Jordan of Delaware

Highlights

I could care less about race - look at this kid's toughness, vision, athleticism, and skill. Imagine any of our guards trying to guard him - it just wouldn't happen.

That has nothing to do with white / black. It's toughness and elite skill that we are lacking at the guard position and that will be our Achilles Heel

One of the best white PG / SG combos in the country is Donte DiVincenzo of Villanova a/k/a Big Ragu a/k/a the Michael Jordan of Delaware

Highlights

I could care less about race - look at this kid's toughness, vision, athleticism, and skill. Imagine any of our guards trying to guard him - it just wouldn't happen.

That has nothing to do with white / black. It's toughness and elite skill that we are lacking at the guard position and that will be our Achilles Heel
I will take that bet. nobody is unguardable.

Might want to get your sarcasm meter calibrated because the amount it is off by right now...it’s disgusting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT