ADVERTISEMENT

CBD oil for morans

hawkbirch

HR Legend
Nov 24, 2015
Asking for me, I'm the moran. I figured there had to be both personal and professional experience in this group so help a sister out.

Isn't the point of using CBD oil to get the medical benefits of marijuana without the high from the THC? Is there CBD oil that contains THC? How difficult is it to get a prescription for medical cannabidiol in Iowa? Do they ask questions about addiction history and recovery? If UAs are still positive for THC, should it be a really low level right above the cut off? Is the prescription for a particular kind of CBD oil or whatever kind the holder decides to use?

From Google...

You'll find three main types of CBD on the market:
Isolate contains only CBD, with no other cannabinoids.
Full-spectrum contains all cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant, including THC.
Broad-spectrum contains multiple cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant, but doesn't contain THC.

When we were in Colorado we got some CBD oil with a small amount of THC for my MIL (no pics, you wouldn't want them) for her back/leg pain. She said the small amount of THC works a lot better than CBD oil alone.

I have my medical marijuana card for my lower back and nerve pain. Full Spectrum works the best but I really prefer 1 to 1 THC to CBD. You don't get much of a high because the CBD helps offset the THC and the pain relief is a lot better for me. I don't want to feel high, I want my back pain to be gone. Edibles seem to work the best for me. One thing that sucks right now is Arkansas program is ass backwards. I got some 1 to 1 edibles in Washington DC and they worked so much better than the edibles here. I really should make my own but time, effort and kids don't make that easy.

This is my cover up question. Later I’ll ask what the best product is to clear my UA.
For guys it's the whizzinator and synthetic urine (heated up to temperature by the whizzinator). I guess it'd fit you too. It's nobody's business but yours how you pee, at least that's what I was taught growing up.

CSB in the military they had a guy watch your peen when you tested. Probably worse for the randon NCO that got tagged for peen watching duty than the tester.

CSB in the military they had a guy watch your peen when you tested. Probably worse for the randon NCO that got tagged for peen watching duty than the tester.
They also do that when you're on probation for possession and have to drop randomly. I've heard.

I have a question about edibles. Sometimes they hit me in less than an hour, sometimes it takes several hours to feel anything, even on an empty belly. What’s the reason for the big variation and is there any trick to making it more consistent? TiA

I have a question about edibles. Sometimes they hit me in less than an hour, sometimes it takes several hours to feel anything, even on an empty belly. What’s the reason for the big variation and is there any trick to making it more consistent? TiA
Butt chowing.

• Haha
Reactions: naturalmwa
I’m in the minority but i never feel much of anything with gummies. I have ate 6 gummies (they recommended 1) and barely felt anything and finished off a half canister of THC mints and it helped me get to sleep I guess.

• Wow
I have my medical marijuana card for my lower back and nerve pain. Full Spectrum works the best but I really prefer 1 to 1 THC to CBD. You don't get much of a high because the CBD helps offset the THC and the pain relief is a lot better for me. I don't want to feel high, I want my back pain to be gone. Edibles seem to work the best for me. One thing that sucks right now is Arkansas program is ass backwards. I got some 1 to 1 edibles in Washington DC and they worked so much better than the edibles here. I really should make my own but time, effort and kids don't make that easy.
I am struggling with L5 radiculophyrelated nerve pain right now. Any chance for relief?

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
I am struggling with L5 radiculophyrelated nerve pain right now. Any chance for relief?
Everyone is different. See above with edibles. They work well for me but not for others. I would try it out and see if it helps. Believe it or not all edibles are not created equal as well so it might take some experimenting. It for sure helps me sleep. During the day I used a 3 to 1 cbd/thx cream that takes the edge off. Not totally gone but it for sure helps.

From what I have read a lot depends on how they were made. THC bonds to more fatty things and I guess it works better. That’s why a lot of people make canna butter. If you buy from a dispensary the cultivators also make them differently so I have read that makes a difference on their process.

I spent the last week in Key West and Ft Lauderdale. One of our friends had a tin of edibles. Background, I have gotten high probably 5 times in the last 5 or 6 years. So, I had 1 gummy that was allegedly 5mg / Sativa on an empty stomach. About an hour after taking it I had a funny feeling in my head that was more like the first few times you take a Percocet for pain. It wasn't a good / high feeling.

I spent the last week in Key West and Ft Lauderdale. One of our friends had a tin of edibles. Background, I have gotten high probably 5 times in the last 5 or 6 years. So, I had 1 gummy that was allegedly 5mg / Sativa on an empty stomach. About an hour after taking it I had a funny feeling in my head that was more like the first few times you take a Percocet for pain. It wasn't a good / high feeling.

There's your problem...

I’m in the minority but i never feel much of anything with gummies. I have ate 6 gummies (they recommended 1) and barely felt anything and finished off a half canister of THC mints and it helped me get to sleep I guess.
Yeah factory edibles have been very hit or miss for me. Back in the day, when I had a desktop vaporizer with a fan and bag (cheap version of a Volcano), the bud after you vaped it (thus decarboxylated it) made for some pretty good body effects edibles.

Yes there is CBD with no THC and there are also ones with CBD and THC together.
On a wholly unrelated note and hijack, since you seem to be our work out guy, what are your thoughts on creatine and other supplements for muscle mass gain? Real results or placebo if you already eat a lot of meat?

Last edited:
On a wholly related note and hijack, since you seem to be our work out guy, what are your thoughts on creatine and other supplements for muscle mass gain? Real results or placebo if you already eat a lot of meat?
I'm a big fan of the use of creatine monohydrate. As far as meat goes, you do get creatine from there but not so much as to where you wouldn't want to take creatine. It's been a few years since I got out of grad school and I'm not as sharp with it but it's a safe, surprisingly very affordable supplement that when taken at a proper amount doesn't really have side effects other than some water retention early on. If taken way above the recommended dosage for longer periods of time some have reported liver issues, but this is months of taking it way past recommended doses. It isn't a miracle drug or anything, but really not anything bad that will come from it and it will help with gains.

I love PubMed, I used it a ton in grad school for research/scholarly articles. I posted a link of an article. Not necessary to read the entire article, just that abstract and you'll have some good info, but the main take is that taking creatine monohydrate post workout is beneficial for gainzzzz. Gainz

BCAAs are a bit pointless if you're eating meat. It is really just unnecessary.

@Monzon is probably the best to ask and I believe would have more of the specifics off the top of his head than I do.

I'm a big fan of the use of creatine monohydrate. As far as meat goes, you do get creatine from there but not so much as to where you wouldn't want to take creatine. It's been a few years since I got out of grad school and I'm not as sharp with it but it's a safe, surprisingly very affordable supplement that when taken at a proper amount doesn't really have side effects other than some water retention early on. If taken way above the recommended dosage for longer periods of time some have reported liver issues, but this is months of taking it way past recommended doses. It isn't a miracle drug or anything, but really not anything bad that will come from it and it will help with gains.

I love PubMed, I used it a ton in grad school for research/scholarly articles. I posted a link of an article. Not necessary to read the entire article, just that abstract and you'll have some good info, but the main take is that taking creatine monohydrate post workout is beneficial for gainzzzz. Gainz

@Monzon is probably the best to ask and I believe would have more of the specifics off the top of his head than I do.
Thanks dood!

Reactions: pink shizzle

What if I want to lose weight by chemically suppressing my appetite? Still best to go with dexedrine or Adderall?

Since I was tagged in this...

I'm staying out of the CBD discussion outside of thinking at this point it's mostly snake oil. There's a lot of VERY biased research out there, and plenty of companies in the pain relief industry are willing to seperate you from the dollars in your wallet.

Creatine monohydrate is a fantastic supplement, probably #2 on the list (after protein), as far as keeping muscular strength provided you aren't willing to spend thousands of dollars on supplements a year. In my opinion it's better for your health than a multi-vitamin and cheaper. The only people who shouldn't take it are those with severe kidney issues ALREADY and those who cut massive amounts of weight through dehydration, usually for competition purposes.

Creatine helps your muscles recover much faster / more fully between maximal efforts. When doing maximal efforts (we're talking ~85+% effort, typically measured in max heartbeat/minute but could also mean weight set rep maximum), you expend a phosphate and turn ATP to ADP (Adenosine triphosphate to diphosphate). Creatine re-energizes the muscles by supplying that phosphate again. For those who are exerting this sort of effort in exercise / training, creatine will give a noticeable effect within a few days as far as recovery within the activity. It doesn't increase muscle mass or strength itself (that still depends on the training program / exercises you do), but it most certainly will allow you to adhere to that program more rigourously than you could previously. Think of it as being able to do another rep or two the last few sets, when you're near / at the limit.

Yes, creatine is found in most meats of varying amounts. You do have to eat a decent amount of meat to replicate what a 5g scoop will do for you, and that 5 g scoop costs around $0.10 a day, so typically people just do that and know they're good for the day. Yes, you do need to drink a little more water initially but the reality is a hydrated muscle is stronger than one that isn't, so you should be there anyway. I typically get a tub that is 160 servings for about $15, a couple times a year, take a scoop at dinner and that's that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT