ADVERTISEMENT

CBKReport: The Top 100 College Basketball Players for next season.

There is probably no bigger homer than me……with that being said I have never felt Pmac has had good handles! I’m pulling for him and my Hawkeyes but again, he seems to lose the ball too often! Hoping this is his year after all he’s gone through.
His handles were good. His shot selection was a bit suspect at times. He got into stretches where he'd try to force difficult runners. Later in the season, he seemed to stop doing that so much.

I think he is really going to improve this season. He has the size and skill to be a matchup nightmare.

His handles were good. His shot selection was a bit suspect at times. He got into stretches where he'd try to force difficult runners. Later in the season, he seemed to stop doing that so much.

I think he is really going to improve this season. He has the size and skill to be a matchup nightmare.
Yep. Patrick adds muscle to his size, along with his skills, and he could be a really tough match up at 3. As I said before, he needs to be one of our leading rebounders with his length.

Reactions: perryhawk
Why can't we contend again!?
We don’t have good guard play. That’s needed in college basketball. We’ve had a guy probably in the top 3 the last 3 years and still never made it past the first weekend. Granted the tourney was canceled one of those years but I doubt they would have made the sweet sixteen

31. Kris
89. Perkins
90. PMAC

(Click arrow for second page)

Three players in the Top 100? Why can't we contend again next year? Thoughts?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by contend, but my expectations are that Iowa makes the Dance next season. I don't think I'm being overly optimistic on that or putting undue pressure on the team, but honestly it is a higher expectation than I had for last year's team.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by contend, but my expectations are that Iowa makes the Dance next season. I don't think I'm being overly optimistic on that or putting undue pressure on the team, but honestly it is a higher expectation than I had for last year's team.

I think we are contending for regular season Big 10 title. I don't see any powerhouses in the conference.

On a side note, based upon this list it looks like the Big Ten will be a little down this year. Only two in the top 20 and 14 overall. Only one 5 star in the 2022 recruiting class. I have no idea about transfers. The NBA draft is taking a lot of talent: Ivey, Murray, Davis, Branham, Liddell, Caleb Houstan, Max Christie, McGowens, Harper Jr, Trevion Williams, and Cockburn. That's a lot to recover from.

Reactions: longliveCS40
We don’t have good guard play. That’s needed in college basketball. We’ve had a guy probably in the top 3 the last 3 years and still never made it past the first weekend. Granted the tourney was canceled one of those years but I doubt they would have made the sweet sixteen
Sounds like Iowa's guard play is going to surprise you. You have a very low opinion of what is not really a bad group.

I think we are contending for regular season Big 10 title. I don't see any powerhouses in the conference.
While I do like your enthusiasm, most of the so called "experts" don't agree based on the sources I could glean from the interwebs. I found 6 different sources from Katz to SI to 247 etc. and the average ranking within the B10 conference teams listed had Iowa penciled out to 5.67, with a range between 3rd-7th. I'd personally be happy with a top 5-6 finish in the B10 as that likely puts us in the NCAA tournament.

The experts did not have a clear consensus pick for the #1 in the B10 however, as I do recall there were top picks for Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State (and maybe others as well). That would seem to indicate more parity in the league this upcoming year and that condition can only help Iowa possibly contend for a B10 title.

Now where can I sign up for that?:D

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
While I do like your enthusiasm, most of the so called "experts" don't agree based on the sources I could glean from the interwebs. I found 6 different sources from Katz to SI to 247 etc. and the average ranking within the B10 conference teams listed had Iowa penciled out to 5.67, with a range between 3rd-7th. I'd personally be happy with a top 5-6 finish in the B10 as that likely puts us in the NCAA tournament.

The experts did not have a clear consensus pick for the #1 in the B10 however, as I do recall there were top picks for Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State (and maybe others as well). That would seem to indicate more parity in the league this upcoming year and that condition can only help Iowa possibly contend for a B10 title.

Now where can I sign up for that?:D
Yes, right on track. Three way tie for the title :)

ADVERTISEMENT