ADVERTISEMENT

CBS roasts Campbell

Wow, no wonder Pollard is trying to can arts and culture programs at Iowa State.

Damn, ISU losing their arts program? I'll miss visiting their galleries and seeing works like this one:

2882c15c4f9f2e7f2851c9459ffc8253.jpg

Disappointing loss for sure. Aside from the one long pass play, I thought ISU defense played well enough to win. Louisiana was a good team, and seemed quicker than ISU. Two kick returns + poor OL play was the difference. Losing Downing didn't help, but injuries are part of the game. Their OL was a big concern coming into the season, and this game confirmed that. Kudos to Louisiana, they played great + deserved to win. Not sure what to make of Purdy. He can't do much with such a poor OL. Quite a few drops, but Purdy was off all day.

As far as Campbell not calling TO - I was ok with it. After the offense didn't convert that last 4th down, the game was over. Why delay the inevitable?

ISU fans are well conditioned for games like this. It sucks. I was disapponted, but I wasn't even mad. I hope they figure it out. In spite of the loss, I'm just glad they played today and I was able to watch. Hope they have a game in 2 weeks vs. TCU, there is no guarantee.
So Cyclone fans are conditioned for games like this, and yet every year they're on this site talking up the Clones like they and the Hawks are equals? Please. Don't even know how to explain why a fan of that team would be here on this site, (of a team that isn't even playing unfortunately), after their team played a game. After a good game maybe you'd be grasping for recognition, ( something your fans do regularly here), but thats doubtful after that shitshow. Maybe just hunker down on the Clown site and lick your wounds together.......

Campbell is like a healthy, young tree that was planted in a toxic cesspool. He held on for a little while, but now he's wilting, tilting and succumbing to his environment. Soon he'll be sawdust. Spread across the puke that is ISU.
Haha, good post....he had his chances to get out of that hellhole so he can only blame himself. Maybe he will get wise before Ames maims his career permanently

Regarding Purdy... he doesn't have the arm strength and throws off the back foot way too often. He has regressed from his best days. He's a FA signing if he makes it to draft day.

Isu plays in a very weak Big 12. Five wins is pretty attainable.

As I stated before, until Campball figures out that you win with a good OLine... ISU will struggle.

Looks like Pollard got punked with that last contract extension. Jamie is praying Alvarez retires in the next two years.
I like this from ESPN

In Ames, Iowa, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns used a kick return TD and a punt return TD to shock No. 23 Iowa State 31-14, ending the Brock Purdy Heisman love before it even got started. Billy Napier's crew held Purdy to just 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Last edited:
Seriously. Why would Purdy be leaving for the NFL? Just asking. :rolleyes:
Well, for one thing, he's going to die early with that "sieve" of an OLLine. Secondly, he probably doesn't want a degree in "animal husbandry".

And finally... the water isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Reactions: mstp1992
Well, for one thing, he's going to die early with that "sieve" of an OLLine. Secondly, he probably doesn't want a degree in "animal husbandry".

And finally... the water isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I get that Mitch, might question was more directed at what does he think he's going to do there, because he's not the talent they're trying to pass him off as. He's no better then anyone that Iowa's had in the last ten years, ...

Couple quick things. On Matty, look how they keep losing. Lack of discipline and special teams. Or as he says “in the margins.” That is 100 percent on coaching. Couple that with a team that always comes out flat and a horrid O-line (his specialty) the shine on that turd is about gone. I think Purdy overall is OK. But the love came from early drafts having him go 11 and McShay putting him as the 5th best draft eligible QB which makes him a probable 1st rounder. It is so typical. Matty and Purdy are way overrated but people want clicks so find some people from a historically awful program and pump them up.

Reactions: pmtdc
I'm not so sure the Hawkeyes best Louisiana either. That was an athletic team with a good running game and a solid qb. We should beat them but as we painfully know that doesn't men we would beat them. We could Ina typical year lose it be way too close in a victory and then beat the snot out of Michigan. We are not a program that should mock a loss to a really good sun belt team

Then again it is isu so eff them

• Haha
Reactions: David1979
I agree. I was shocked. You're down two scores. Get a quick TD and recover an onside kick and you got a shot. Not likely, but not impossible. Think Iowa vs. NW...was it 2005?

You're right, though. It sends a horrible message to your team.

Another observation from watching Campbell's abbreviated post game clip/comments on WHO13; in addition to talking about lack of fundamentals (his job his fault), he never looked at or made eye contact with the camera, ergo his fans & audience. Without that eye contact, he risks not being believed to have the confidence in himself & team or the conviction to correct the the obvious team weaknesses.

He is LUCKY to have the fan's blind admiration.......for now.

Campball has this "margins" speech he gives after the all too frequent losses. Actually... I guess he could a "virtual" presser because it's the same canned crap all the time.

He gets that rare "upset" win every so often, but he's really a pretty average college coach. Pollard is the one trying to need to spin the latest drubbing.

Reactions: hknation
Couple quick things. On Matty, look how they keep losing. Lack of discipline and special teams. Or as he says “in the margins.” That is 100 percent on coaching. Couple that with a team that always comes out flat and a horrid O-line (his specialty) the shine on that turd is about gone. I think Purdy overall is OK. But the love came from early drafts having him go 11 and McShay putting him as the 5th best draft eligible QB which makes him a probable 1st rounder. It is so typical. Matty and Purdy are way overrated but people want clicks so find some people from a historically awful program and pump them up.

jesse Palmer ripped the coaches for isu on college football live saying how flat they came out and had no emotion and blamed a lot of it on the coaches along with the sloppy play.

I'm not so sure the Hawkeyes best Louisiana either. That was an athletic team with a good running game and a solid qb. We should beat them but as we painfully know that doesn't men we would beat them. We could Ina typical year lose it be way too close in a victory and then beat the snot out of Michigan. We are not a program that should mock a loss to a really good sun belt team

Then again it is isu so eff them

I think iowa would’ve had no problem beating them. 2 Special teams and 1 big pass play and then got their last td running out the clock. But before that drive they struggled to run most of the day. Flip side I was surprised isu didn’t try and run more due to success they had early on. I think Iowa could’ve and would’ve done better plus purdy missed a lot of throws along with some bad drops.

His specialties were OL, motivation, discipline and recruiting. Yikes on all fronts. He is still good with slogans though.

Regarding Purdy... he doesn't have the arm strength and throws off the back foot way too often. He has regressed from his best days. He's a FA signing if he makes it to draft day.

Isu plays in a very weak Big 12. Five wins is pretty attainable.

As I stated before, until Campball figures out that you win with a good OLine... ISU will struggle.

Looks like Pollard got punked with that last contract extension. Jamie is praying Alvarez retires in the next two years.
We should be betting on which game the 3rd string QB comes in and plays well. The 3rd string is a future NFLer at ISU.

I said the same thing. He quit on them and what kind of message does that send to his players and recruits
His team quit on him first. They had no heart when they needed it. Leadership seriously lacking on both sides of the ball.

Poor passing by Purdy and dropped passes by WR's in the 1st half doomed their O.

Reactions: pahawk68
Also, not having Kolar today didn't help, but I refuse to use injury as an excuse. Chase Allen has his opportunities, but had too many drops.

Oh well. Try again in 2 weeks at TCU....i hope

And Allen had one really shitty block attempt that got the WR blown up. Too slow.

And their fans are now saying, hmmmmm about those season ticket refunds, maybe I want one of those and not just defer the money to next season. Maybe the fans don't want to risk having to pay next season for a total shit show if both Purdy and Campbell are gone.

Home field advantage is so big in college football. You lose a lot of that without fans.

might be a Wild year.
I wouldn't touch week 1 with a ten-foot pole with all the unknowns. But I think betting on road teams to cover will be a solid strategy this year.

What's Campbell care really. he has his family taken care of for the rest of their lives and he is young.

Home field advantage is so big in college football. You lose a lot of that without fans.

might be a Wild year.

Home field advantage is certainly lessened significantly. But lesser teams are often fired up and inspired by playing in bigger louder stadiums while for the home team it's not big deal...biz as usual.

That said, a TOP 25 team doesn't need home field advantage to prevent losing to a Sun Belt team by 3 scores. The shouldn't even need a neutral venue.

I live in Madison and they do love Pollard here......that said I will be shocked if Barry steps away anytime soon. He loves his power position.

And Allen had one really shitty block attempt that got the WR blown up. Too slow.

You mean their former 2nd team all conference TE (on a 2nd team with 18 players). Allen is not good at all and wouldn't see the field at Iowa. You could tell Purdy was missing his security blanket with Kolar who must have been thinking maybe he should opt out early for the draft instead of coming back playing for that mess and not risk an injury like Jake Butt did a few years ago.

Home field advantage is certainly lessened significantly. But lesser teams are often fired up and inspired by playing in bigger louder stadiums while for the home team it's not big deal...biz as usual.

That said, a TOP 25 team doesn't need home field advantage to prevent losing to a Sun Belt team by 3 scores. The shouldn't even need a neutral venue.

Neither of those are top-25 teams. UL wouldn't be ranked either if the top-25 included B1G and Pac teams.

Disappointing loss for sure. Aside from the one long pass play, I thought ISU defense played well enough to win. Louisiana was a good team, and seemed quicker than ISU. Two kick returns + poor OL play was the difference. Losing Downing didn't help, but injuries are part of the game. Their OL was a big concern coming into the season, and this game confirmed that. Kudos to Louisiana, they played great + deserved to win. Not sure what to make of Purdy. He can't do much with such a poor OL. Quite a few drops, but Purdy was off all day.

As far as Campbell not calling TO - I was ok with it. After the offense didn't convert that last 4th down, the game was over. Why delay the inevitable?

ISU fans are well conditioned for games like this. It sucks. I was disapponted, but I wasn't even mad. I hope they figure it out. In spite of the loss, I'm just glad they played today and I was able to watch. Hope they have a game in 2 weeks vs. TCU, there is no guarantee.

When a Sun Belt team gets the ball with more than 7 mins left in the 4th Quarter and isu doesn’t get it back until 10 seconds left, you can’t claim your defense played great. Especially since all the plays they ran were running plays. That is a sign your defense was physically dominated when it counted the most. If you can’t see that you don’t know anything about football.

When a Sun Belt team gets the ball with more than 7 mins left in the 4th Quarter and isu doesn’t get it back until 10 seconds left, you can’t claim your defense played great. Especially since all the plays they ran were running plays. That is a sign your defense was physically dominated when it counted the most. If you can’t see that you don’t know anything about football.

That drive they pounded ISU. Their will was broken. Campbell at least should have called timeout to give the pep talk, kinda like letting Parker do it for the Hawks when they need it.

I am getting a kick out of clown friends and fans blaming their OC for their problems. I have seen junior high teams tackle better than the ISU defense. The clown O Line was horrendous, the receivers sucked. Had they been playing a decent team, Purdy should have had a minimum 3 INT instead of one. Those that want to credit the Ragin Cagins are full of ***t. Iowa State was that bad, like Walden/Criner bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT