ADVERTISEMENT

CBS roasts Campbell

I'm not so sure the Hawkeyes best Louisiana either. That was an athletic team with a good running game and a solid qb. We should beat them but as we painfully know that doesn't men we would beat them. We could Ina typical year lose it be way too close in a victory and then beat the snot out of Michigan. We are not a program that should mock a loss to a really good sun belt team

Then again it is isu so eff them
Bullshit, we would wipe the field with the ragin cajuns !

Last edited:
Reactions: CP84
Bad bad sequence of days for Mattie and Jamie. Had diarrhea and pooped themselves last Saturday and now the Hawks will suck the rest of the oxygen out of the state.

I am just guessing our special teams is a little better than what we saw from Mattie's team.

So what is this years bs isu slogan? “Win in the dark”, “Prove it”, “Trust the process” or “Control the margins”. Can’t wait to see the slew of yard signs.

Reactions: MitchLL
Everyone here is being way to hard on Purdy.
We all know this Sun Belt Defense is better than 90% of the defenses in the Little 12.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Campball is laughing all the way to the bank.

If this was the real world... he'd be charged with felony theft.

Last edited:
Two things, both are going to come off as the arrogant Hawk fan but that is not my intent. 1- Why do you come over to the Iowa board to post this? I know you are far from the only Cyclone fan looking at our board or posting. In my opinion, what you posted was all a legit feeling of the game but the last place I would want to be is at Iowa St, Nebraska or Minnesota's board after a loss. I feel comfortable in my assessments of Iowa football and where the Hawks are in the national spotlight that I don't ever go over to any of the other boards.

Two, are you really not upset with Campbell on the TO situation? Again, I was not rooting for you and won't because of the simple fact of not being a large enough state to share recruits. As a coach and teacher, however, I felt that displayed the wrong message to the team. I respect Campbell and think he has done a nice job at Iowa St. but the end of that game could have turned some players off.

Maybe he was also trying KF's clock management style at the end as well? Imitation is the finest form of flattery. Maybe they will even run out to Back in Black?
Sincerest, not finest. When will ISU finally understand that the only way for them to be nationally relevant is to move from the Big 12 to the MVC? That would solve all of the problems of having 2 power-5 football programs in such a small state.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Sincerest, not finest. When will ISU finally understand that the only way for them to be nationally relevant is to move from the Big 12 to the MVC? That would solve all of the problems of having 2 power-5 football programs in such a small state.
Outside the State of Iowa... not many people consider ISU as a D-1 program.

Reactions: dekhawk
Everyone here is being way to hard on Purdy.
We all know this Sun Belt Defense is better than 90% of the defenses in the Little 12.

That is true. I haven’t seen TCU yet but other than them Louisiana would be the best defense Purdy will face.

Caught the end of the replay on ESPNU. Golic and the other commentator kind of brutalized Campbell when he didn't call timeouts on the last drive.... "Wow" "That's what you call conceding" "Wow"

Not a good day for him.

So what is this years bs isu slogan? “Win in the dark”, “Prove it”, “Trust the process” or “Control the margins”. Can’t wait to see the slew of yard signs.

Probably something about another storm brewing, only to peter out before it hits. Or a lecture about trusting a vague process. Or some rambling about loyalty or rising as one or blah blah blah.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Update to that ESPN Bottom 10 thingy... just came out... The Big12? got listed three times... ISU/Kansas/KSU.

There's likely several high school teams that would be a better level of competition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT