ADVERTISEMENT

CC Sends football team home from summer workouts

Mike Zierath

Family, football and fishing.....
Jun 3, 2002
Flower Mound, TX
A community college here in Athens, Texas, Trinity Valley, just sent the entire team home for a week from summer workouts. COVID related. I was told 30 positive cases.
I think this just goes to show that how to handle something like this is still a very undetermined. Since a close friend has a kid on the team, should be an easy follow.

Yes, he's a punter.

This latest case if reportedly more contagious, but not that intense. I finally got it two weeks ago for the first time. For me it was just like a bad sinus/chest congestion cold. It went through our house that week and my wife's work also got hit. 5 of the nurses on her floor all had it too at the same timeframe.

It sucked for a couple days but not that bad. The problem is I can't get rid of the cough. It's just lingering. Hopefully, it's no big deal.

I wonder how this is going to impact games...or it it even will.

Reactions: cidsports
I fished with a guy for 6 hours yesterday in my boat and he was coughing and sniffling. I told him to get it checked out. Texted me about an hour ago saying he had COVID. I feel fine and haven't been sick since I came home from San Diego after the Holiday Bowl.

My work is asking me to wear a mask for 10 days and then to have myself tested on Thursday. I told them I could just work from my boat but they didn't think that was feasible.

Folks, once again, please stop making these political. If you want to include your Covid skeptical comments then please take them to the OT board. Any more of the politics part of this with attacks towards any media outlets will result in your posting being suspended. Please just stop and show some restraint in the Lounge. If you want to get political that's fine, do it on the OT board.

Thank you.

I fished with a guy for 6 hours yesterday in my boat and he was coughing and sniffling. I told him to get it checked out. Texted me about an hour ago saying he had COVID. I feel fine and haven't been sick since I came home from San Diego after the Holiday Bowl.

My work is asking me to wear a mask for 10 days and then to have myself tested on Thursday. I told them I could just work from my boat but they didn't think that was feasible.
It’s feasible, you may not have a wireless connection, but you do have a line connection. 😜

Reactions: J_Heater
This latest case if reportedly more contagious, but not that intense. I finally got it two weeks ago for the first time. For me it was just like a bad sinus/chest congestion cold. It went through our house that week and my wife's work also got hit. 5 of the nurses on her floor all had it too at the same timeframe.

It sucked for a couple days but not that bad. The problem is I can't get rid of the cough. It's just lingering. Hopefully, it's no big deal.

Back in March/April of 2020 when no one knew exactly what was going on, I was looking up information and reading on coronaviruses in general. The two main things that stood out:

1. The more contagious a coronavirus is, typically the less lethal, percentage-wise. SARS/MERS stayed more localized, but killed a higher percentage of people vs whatever versions of COVID-19 we are on now.

2. There's never been a vaccine that has eradicated a coronavirus. So basically I knew at that point the vaccination was more going to be in line with the flu shot, not a one or two time thing.

Now I am not disrespecting anyone who died from COVID-19 or have had major complications from it, but a large majority of them were already susceptible to the flu and other illnesses before this all became a thing.

Not sure if this went off topic, but, well.....the more you know....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ChipHilton
Folks, once again, please stop making these political. If you want to include your Covid skeptical comments then please take them to the OT board. Any more of the politics part of this with attacks towards any media outlets will result in your posting being suspended. Please just stop and show some restraint in the Lounge. If you want to get political that's fine, do it on the OT board.

Thank you.
Did the previous posts mention anything political?

Did the previous posts mention anything political?
Yes several that were deleted from the thread and there were two other Covid related threads recently that spiraled very quickly and had to be removed. Folks don't come to the Lounge for the political stuff. They come here to get away from it. That's why we have an OT forum.

Yes several that were deleted from the thread and there were two other Covid related threads recently that spiraled very quickly and had to be removed. Folks don't come to the Lounge for the political stuff. They come here to get away from it. That's why we have an OT forum.
Couldn't see the dumb a$$ comments. Thanks for for the explanation. You are the best.

I would quit

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
A community college here in Athens, Texas, Trinity Valley, just sent the entire team home for a week from summer workouts. COVID related. I was told 30 positive cases.
I think this just goes to show that how to handle something like this is still a very undetermined. Since a close friend has a kid on the team, should be an easy follow.

Yes, he's a punter.

Impossible, Covid is over.

Ya, I got it June 14th, was over it by the 18th and at its worst it was like step.

ADVERTISEMENT