ADVERTISEMENT

CDC says to expect coronavirus to spread across US

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
https://apple.news/AlJKDJ3yuSuuUrNygCQIMFw

Top U.S. public health officials said Tuesday that Americans should prepare for the spread of the coronavirus in communities across the country.

“It’s not so much a question of if this will happen any more, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the head of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said during a media briefing Tuesday.

So..........it's airborne?

289fca4c-bc92-4456-8afe-2bd550316a64_screenshot.jpg

https://apple.news/AlJKDJ3yuSuuUrNygCQIMFw

Top U.S. public health officials said Tuesday that Americans should prepare for the spread of the coronavirus in communities across the country.

“It’s not so much a question of if this will happen any more, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the head of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said during a media briefing Tuesday.
Take her out. - Donald

After SARS, H1N1, Ebola and all the other virus's that were supposed to kill us all, tell me why I should be concerned about this one?

Because:

1. It is going to spread everywhere
  2. It is going to become seasonal, like the flu
  3. It is at least 20x more lethal than the flu (2% vs. 0.1%)
If everyone in the US ends up infected, at a 2% mortality rate, that is the combined populations of Iowa and Kansas, gone.

Now imagine you have a healthcare system that denies care/coverage to many infected, and how they'll just run around re-infecting others. Every "flu & COVID19" season.

After SARS, H1N1, Ebola and all the other virus's that were supposed to kill us all, tell me why I should be concerned about this one?

Because it’s an airborne virus that’s already spread to tens of thousands of people, you can have it for up to a 28 days without showing symptoms spreading it along the way and its kill rate is worse than the 1918 Spanish Flu that killed millions. Also we’re at least 12 months and likely more like 18 months from a vaccine so it will likely be useless by that point.

Everything else you mentioned had easy to identify carriers and didn’t spread as easily. With SARS there were only 8,000 cases and Ebola about 28,000. Meanwhile with coronavirus, there’s about 82,000 cases that we know of and with the length it sits dormant it could be substantially higher. H1N1 in 2009-2010 did spread to about 60 million people in the US but it was relatively mild compared to the coronavirus so “only” 12,469 people died of it. If 60 million people in the US get coronavirus we’d expect at least 1.3 million to die from it assuming China ISNT lying about the death rate and there’s ample evidence they are hiding far worse stats.

Oh, wait. Larry Kudlow is the one we should be listening to. My bad.

While appearing on CNBC, Kudlow said that Americans shouldn’t worry about the virus’s impact because the Trump administration had it almost totally under control.

“We have contained this, I won’t say airtight, but pretty close to airtight,” Kudlow said.

FBN_04-04-2018_10.03.05.jpg

I'm pretty sure all is well.

Remember: Trump ELIMINATED the position that would have had the overall US lead on this type of crisis. Entire government function: gone. This is why you have people who do not know answers, do not know what to do, cannot coordinate responses, etc. That functionality was set up by Obama after SARS/Ebola, etc, to BE PREPARED for the next crisis.

Now, we are literally starting at Square One, with many appointed government officials who are marginally incompetent in their roles - their sole qualification being they will lick Trump's butthole.

Last edited:
Just the common cold commie China has weaponized against Trump! Don't believe what the liberal stooge international health community is trying to sell you about this!

Because it’s an airborne virus that’s already spread to tens of thousands of people, you can have it for up to a 28 days without showing symptoms spreading it along the way and its kill rate is worse than the 1918 Spanish Flu that killed millions. Also we’re at least 12 months and likely more like 18 months from a vaccine so it will likely be useless by that point.

Everything else you mentioned had easy to identify carriers and didn’t spread as easily. With SARS there were only 8,000 cases and Ebola about 28,000. Meanwhile with coronavirus, there’s about 82,000 cases that we know of and with the length it sits dormant it could be substantially higher. H1N1 in 2009-2010 did spread to about 60 million people in the US but it was relatively mild compared to the coronavirus so “only” 12,469 people died of it. If 60 million people in the US get coronavirus we’d expect at least 1.3 million to die from it assuming China ISNT lying about the death rate and there’s ample evidence they are hiding far worse stats.

Is this true? I've read 80,000 cases and 2,600 deaths. That doesn't seem as lethal as Spanish Flu.

It is at least 20x more lethal than the flu (2% vs. 0.1%)

I'm not seeing 2% death rates for anywhere but Hubei Province in China. And it would seem to me they're not identifying all cases. Isn't the death rate less than 1% (I think I've seen 0.7%) for everywhere else? Granted, not all cases are closed yet, so still somewhat hard to say.

LUCKILY, CDC funding wasn't so compromised that we haven't been able to subcon rapid response work (like the company already claiming to have a possible vaccine candidate).

It is BECAUSE we have been allowing CDC to fund these efforts for years that we have the opportunity for rapid (<2 yr) vaccine options. You can thank Bush II and Obama for that; Trump's timing on culling those funds was inopportune, politically.

But his recent message was to eliminate things like this to support the recent tax cuts.

What would you rather have, America? 1% wealth tax on billionaires to ensure we have funding for rapid responses for things like this here, or cut all these programs and let the billionaires run off to islands, separated from where the viruses spread? Because our current tax revenues cannot support those types of preventive and responsive measures.

LUCKILY, CDC funding wasn't so compromised that we haven't been able to subcon rapid response work (like the company already claiming to have a possible vaccine candidate).

It is BECAUSE we have been allowing CDC to fund these efforts for years that we have the opportunity for rapid (<2 yr) vaccine options. You can thank Bush II and Obama for that; Trump's timing on culling those funds was inopportune, politically.

But his recent message was to eliminate things like this to support the recent tax cuts.

What would you rather have, America? 1% wealth tax on billionaires to ensure we have funding for rapid responses for things like this here, or cut all these programs and let the billionaires run off to islands, separated from where the viruses spread? Because our current tax revenues cannot support those types of preventive and responsive measures.
link where trump cut cdc funding

It is a bad cold. 98% survival rate.

That's worse than the listed survival rate for most surgeries. Any elective surgery you go into generally lists a 1% chance of death or severe outcomes.

Nearly 100% of the population will eventually get this "cold". A very very small fraction of them will need open surgery for anything.

Reactions: cigaretteman
It's not going to kill us all, but since it has a incubation period of 2-3 weeks without symptoms and is highly contagious, it is highly likely that the majority of the country/world will catch the virus. The mortality rate is anywhere from 2-10%. Some say 2-3% but I've read other reports that say there is a 10% mortality rate if you only count those that got well after the illness.

Last edited:
Remember: Trump ELIMINATED the position that would have had the overall US lead on this type of crisis. Entire government function: gone. This is why you have people who do not know answers, do not know what to do, cannot coordinate responses, etc. That functionality was set up by Obama after SARS/Ebola, etc, to BE PREPARED for the next crisis.

Now, we are literally starting at Square One, with many appointed government officials who are marginally incompetent in their roles - their sole qualification being they will lick Trump's butthole.
Remain-Calm-Be-calm-Calm-Panic-GIF.gif

US has already submitted a vaccine for testing.
Trump's asked for $2B to fight the virus. Nancy will probably sit on it for 6 months and say it's not an issue.
Any more BS you want to throw out there to get updated on?
Stop watching CNN.

Spread has nothing to do with "open borders". People are coming in via regular checkpoints. Trump admin admitted the 35+ Diamond Princess patients against CDC recommendations. Again, BECAUSE there was no lead person who understood the ramifications to advise sub-agencies.
really, so how do you know who came into the country and from where ? since this pandemic is global now

Open Borders

I'm not seeing 2% death rates for anywhere but Hubei Province in China. And it would seem to me they're not identifying all cases. Isn't the death rate less than 1% (I think I've seen 0.7%) for everywhere else? Granted, not all cases are closed yet, so still somewhat hard to say.

Italy

322 cases
10 deaths
1 recovered

10/322 = 3.1%
With certainly more to come
>300 still afflicted.

Total recoveries (overall): 27k
Total deaths: 2.6k

That's 10%, while long-term projections are 2-2.5%

Those 2% numbers are absolutely supported by current data.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT