ADVERTISEMENT

CDC says vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks (mainly)

you got to admit that was funny from the perspective of totally not understanding how genetics work. Like one eye would get it but the other wouldn't. It's like... who thinks that? It's so stupid.
1.gif

Reactions: z_ape
btw, the no-pic wife just shared the story via text to a half dozen of her friends - half very liberal, half very conservative, all vaccinated. Every one of them responded negatively; saying they didn't think it was right to not at least wear masks indoors. Every. Single. One.

Our fear has become permanent.

btw, the no-pic wife just shared the story via text to a half dozen of her friends - half very liberal, half very conservative, all vaccinated. Every one of them responded negatively; saying they didn't think it was right to not at least wear masks indoors. Every. Single. One.

🙄

I mean, not to be rude, but maybe your wife's friends are dumb. My wife had her book group at our house and I would say at least half of them are not the brightest bulbs out there...

Reactions: LBoogie28
About 30 mins ago i had some lady deny me access to the elevator in my building because i wasn’t wearing a mask.
i got out “the cdc lifted req….” As she said “you have to stay safe” Before the door closed on me. Put me in a foul mood waiting forever for the next elevator to come

Last edited:
That's great news! Hopefully most businesses will stop requiring it as well. Good God, I forgot my mask at home the other day and stopped into a local convenience store and apologized to the staff swearing to them I was almost 3 weeks past my last vaccination shot. 🤣

Let's hope that this will convince some that still haven't vaccinated to get the shots now. Of course, it's not as though we'll be checking Covid cards on people so many of them will likely still not get them even knowing they can still get sick.

All it’s going to do is switch “those” from using medical conditions for their reasons for not wearing a mask to “I’m fully vaccinated “.

Degenerates

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
It's nice to see the CDC has finally realized it's own stupidity is counterproductive to the end game of getting people vaccinated.

You think people will get vaccinated so they don’t have to wear a mask? They’ll just say they’re vaccinated.

Reactions: Tenacious E
From here forward if you see people wearing a mask unnecessarily, you can assume they are an anti-vaxxer and shun them accordingly.

Our office never closed or required masks with 35-40 people in the office working full time. One secretary got covid from her husband who got it on a buddy trip to Vegas. She was the only positive case in our office in 15 months of the pandemic.

Our office never closed or required masks with 35-40 people in the office working full time. One secretary got covid from her husband who got it on a buddy trip to Vegas. She was the only positive case in our office in 15 months of the pandemic.
Do you live in BFE?

Yep.

From here forward if you see people wearing a mask unnecessarily, you can assume they are an anti-vaxxer and shun them accordingly.
Yep. They will start wearing them for spite.

"Joe's not going to tell me what I can do!"

Not kidding in the least. We should either be a case study in how un-transmissible COVID-19 actually is or how we danced between the raindrops for 15 months.
Now you have me genuinely interested. Without giving away any personal information what kind of business are you in? Don’t even need to say what city. Multi-level structure? Good, newer air filtration systems? Care to provide a gender and race breakdown of the office? Any general data on distancing within the office? General idea of age distribution?

I’m being serious, too. I have some thoughts related to anecdotes and observations of my own.

If you’d rather not, no worries. I completely understand. Thanks in advance for any response one way or the other, though!!

Now you have me genuinely interested. Without giving away any personal information what kind of business are you in? Don’t even need to say what city. Multi-level structure? Good, newer air filtration systems? Care to provide a gender and race breakdown of the office? Any general data on distancing within the office? General idea of age distribution?

I’m being serious, too. I have some thoughts related to anecdotes and observations of my own.

If you’d rather not, no worries. I completely understand. Thanks in advance for any response one way or the other, though!!

I had some questions I was going to ask you but didn’t want to get into the weeds on the board with it.

I had some questions I was going to ask you but didn’t want to get into the weeds on the board with it.
My wife (no pics) often warns people about asking me questions. Apparently I’m technically sound in what I do clinically and research-wise, but not always the most socially savvy.

I am intrigued by the demographics of those who avoid highly contagious illnesses. There’s something unique about these groups of people that’s worth exploring (if possible).

Reactions: FrontHeadlock2

How many were in the office at one time?

How many of you worked remotely and for how long?

We will need some way to tell the difference between vaccinated and anti-vaxers. Maybe we brand the losers?
[/QUOT
Why do we need to tell the difference? If the vaccines work, the vaccinated are protected. Those who chose not to be vaccinated take their own chances. Where is the problem?

They are only going to spread it to people who aren't vaccinated, yes?

No. What was the efficacy rate of the vaccines against the original Covid? I’ll let you learn yourself. Then, you add in the other variants, including the UK which is the dominant strain in the US now.

What’s the efficacy against that? God gave you a brain. Use it once in a while.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Why do we need to tell the difference? If the vaccines work, the vaccinated are protected. Those who chose not to be vaccinated take their own chances. Where is the problem?

Because every time the virus finds a new host it replicates. The more it replicates the more it mutates. Every time it mutates it can produce a more deadly strain. It can produce a strain that the vaccine does not protect us vaccinated people.

Reactions: pjhawk and Jan Itor
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT