Jun 14, 2001
Name: Shaun Beyer
High School: Cedar Rapids Kennedy
Position: Tight End
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 200 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your visit to Iowa for the spring game?
BEYER: "It was a great time. I got another tour of Kinnick. I got to see the locker rooms again and try another jersey on again. It was pretty exciting. It was fun to see how the team developed. I went to the first spring practice and then the spring game so it was interesting to see them develop. They have a good thing going there."

Q: What did you see as the differences in the team from the start of the spring to the end?
BEYER: "I'd have to say how things developed a lot faster and how their defensive attacked. Everything was more up tempo than at their first practice."

Q: What were the conversations like with the coaches?
BEYER: "I got to talk to quite a few coaches but it was Coach Morgan that I talked to the most. He said he is going to be at Kennedy and will try to come watch me to evaluate me some more. Coach Reid, the linebacker coach, said he is very interested in me at the linebacker sport. He is excited to see me play next season and at a camp this summer. Coach Ferentz also said that he is excited to see me at camp. Coach Woods said that too."

Q: What was your favorite part of the trip?
BEYER: "I'd have to say it was watching the team get after it. We were on the field right there close to the action and all of the big hits. It had be jacked up and pretty excited."

Q: How do you feel overall about Iowa?
BEYER: "I think it is a great place. I think they have quite a bit of interest in me and I have a lot of interest in them. Their facilities are top notch and their players have great character. Their coaches are awesome. They are very nice and respectful. Coach Morgan is probably one of the best guys I've gotten to know. He is quite the guy."

Q: What coaches have stopped by your school this month?
BEYER: "I've had Northern Illinois and that has been the only one so far."

Q: What camps are your doing this summer?
BEYER: "The month of June is full of camps. Obviously I am going to Iowa, Iowa State, UNI, Northern Illinois, Western Illinois, Northwest Missouri State, Kansas State, maybe Minnesota, and maybe Wisconsin too."

Reactions: KiowaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News