ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids Kennedy's Cam Shaver commits to wrestle at Iowa

Jake Marlin had 4 state titles but didn't have the national accolades and wanted to try to be a Hawk. I completely understand.

Cam Shaver qualified for state once and didn't place. I actually think it would have been humane for the Brands to talk some sense in to this kid.

Reactions: honkey69
Jake Marlin had 4 state titles but didn't have the national accolades and wanted to try to be a Hawk. I completely understand.

Cam Shaver qualified for state once and didn't place. I actually think it would have been humane for the Brands to talk some sense in to this kid.

I contemplated posting much of the same but thought it would go over like a lead balloon similar to the poster referencing Perez2. Perez2 at least appears to have some college level ability, serviceable for a practice room. I suppose if Brands lets him in the room then more power to him but from the outside looking in, this guy would likely struggle to make the lineup at most junior colleges based on his current resume and barring substantial growth.

Maybe he wants to be the Rudy of wrestling.

EVERY college program has at least a few kids like this, and it's a good bet that he is an excellent student.

Reactions: MVPFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT