ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids PD Confirm Elected Officials Misrepresented Events at Abortion Rally

Dec 31, 2014
Lyz Lenz - Liar
Ashley Varney - Liar
Stacey Walker - Liar

What is the impeachment process for these two?

Single Pedestrian Injured After Vehicle Contact During Friday Night Protest

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (Friday, June 24, 2022 - 9:55 p.m.)

Cedar Rapids, IA – At approximately 7:17 p.m. on Friday, June 24, 2022, a single pedestrian was injured by contact with a vehicle in the area of 8th Avenue and 2nd Street SE in Cedar Rapids.

Preliminary investigations indicate a group of protesters were attempting to legally cross the street in front of the Federal Courthouse when the traffic lights changed, giving right of way to vehicles on 8th Avenue. Following verbal confrontations between the protestors and a driver, contact was made between a vehicle and one of the pedestrians.

Cedar Rapids Police quickly responded to the scene. The injured pedestrian was interviewed on-scene by CRPD and then taken by private vehicle to a local hospital for evaluation. The driver of the vehicle was also voluntarily interviewed by Cedar Rapids Police.

Injury to the pedestrian appears to be minor. Cedar Rapids Police are canvasing the scene to obtain potential surveillance video and more information will be made available when possible.

###

Disclaimer: Any arrest and complaint information included above is based on the legal conclusion that, as with any criminal case, a charge is merely an accusation and a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.

What kind of person sticks up for someone who purposely runs other people over because they didn't fully finish crossing a street before the light changed? Politics has gotten way out of hand to defend something like this cause it's someone who's on your "team"

This information was already in the long thread on this, wherever that went.

As the police said, the protesters entered, and were legally crossing in the crosswalk, *then* the light changed.

Just because the light changes while people are in the crosswalk doesn’t give the driver carte blanche to roll on through them, particularly where it’s been reported by more than one source that the driver pulled out of a line of stopped cars to do so.

Let’s see if we get other video and other statements from earlier in the sequence because right now we don’t know.

As the police said, the protesters entered, and were legally crossing in the crosswalk, *then* the light changed.

Just because the light changes while people are in the crosswalk doesn’t give the driver carte blanche to roll on through them, particularly where it’s been reported by more than one source that the driver pulled out of a line of stopped cars to do so.

Let’s see if we get other video and other statements from earlier in the sequence because right now we don’t know.
Agreed. Too much not know to make any type of decision.

According to Abby, it is legal.

Was that one of the two women who ran at the vehicle from the side after the truck had already left the intersection and grabbed into the driver side window?

What kind of brain damage causes a human to run at and climb onto a moving vehicle? Did this woman attack the driver through the window? What charges is she facing?

who purposely runs other people over because they didn't fully finish crossing a street before the light changed?

Did this even happen? We had an eye witness on the other thread who said the driver drove through a clearing and people jumped in front of the truck to prevent it from going forward. Let’s wait until we see the whole video before taking the word of confirmed liars.

I am not for someone purposefully hitting someone when they can avoid them, but I can’t stand protests in the streets, where protestors think they are more important than other people who have shit to do and places to go. Protest until your heart is content on sidewalks and designated areas.

Last edited:
I am not for someone purposefully hitting someone even they can avoid them, but I can’t stand protests in the streets, where protestors think they are more important than other people who have shit to do and places to go. Protest until your heart is content on sidewalks and designate areas.

I haven’t seen anything saying they were protesting in the crosswalk. The police statement says they entered legally and then the light changed.

Nobody has said if they were protesting in the crosswalk or not.

If the were a little slow to clear the crosswalk that happens 100s of times a day in Iowa City with students. If they were protesting and blocking traffic, that’s a different case.

No matter what, I don’t think you can just run people over because you’ve been delayed. Maybe if you were in fear but I haven’t seen that claim yet either.

Wouks love to know if they have traffic cams on that intersection. And it’s by the federal court, there are usually a shit ton of cameras pointed at the surrounding area.

Was that one of the two women who ran at the vehicle from the side after the truck had already left the intersection and grabbed into the driver side window?

What kind of brain damage causes a human to run at and climb onto a moving vehicle? Did this woman attack the driver through the window? What charges is she facing?
Yes!

The woman pictured on the street. She even said so in an interview with KCRG. So a little disingenuous, at a minimum, to show her next to a claim that women got ran over.

I haven’t seen anything saying they were protesting in the crosswalk. The police statement says they entered legally and then the light changed.

Nobody has said if they were protesting in the crosswalk or not.

If the were a little slow to clear the crosswalk that happens 100s of times a day in Iowa City with students. If they were protesting and blocking traffic, that’s a different case.

No matter what, I don’t think you can just run people over because you’ve been delayed. Maybe if you were in fear but I haven’t seen that claim yet either.

Wouks love to know if they have traffic cams on that intersection. And it’s by the federal court, there are usually a shit ton of cameras pointed at the surrounding area.
I think we are pretty much on the same page.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
There were reports of cars waiting for three green / red light changes before this incident took place.

The protestors must have believed they were entitled to obstruct traffic at their convenience. Of course they have no such right to do so. But they think they do. Why?

Some of them appear to have taken it upon themselves to play traffic cop and jump in front of and stay in front of a moving truck while the truck had the green light. Not smart.

Reactions: SIXERS24

No that wasn't her.

You are legally required to yield to another car that is already in or blocking an intersection when your light changes to green. It would be crazy if you don't have to yield to pedestrians in the same situation.

Reactions: BelemNole
We simply don't know who the aggressor was at this point.

Did the truck wait through 3 or 4 light changes (as one person here said) and then try to maneuver through a small opening? Or, did he grow impatient quickly and start towards the people?

That's why I hate the doxxing. And, btw, what happened to the original thread?
Even IF that was the case? It's a truck vs. Pedestrians. You're only allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself. Wrong side my man.

There were reports of cars waiting for three green / red light changes before this incident took place.

The protestors must have believed they were entitled to obstruct traffic at their convenience. Of course they have no such right to do so. But they think they do. Why?

Some of them appear to have taken it upon themselves to play traffic cop and jump in front of and stay in front of a moving truck while the truck had the green light. Not smart.
Reports? Why don't you wait until we know the actual truth.

On more than one occasion I've had motercycle guys block intersection so their group could go through... Benton County, Trump country. Would I have a legitimate right to run them down? Even though they were breaking traffic laws? You're all insane.

Since it’s the rear of the truck that’s a pretty good guess.
Quite the athlete falling.

NBC Nightly News showed a very brief partial clip and claimed " in conservative led Iowa, a truck plowed through a crowd of abortion rights activists. " The video appeared to show a truck slowly moving to the side while the " activists " had their hands on the hood like they were pushing against the truck while others chased it, latching on to the open window, mirror and tailgate, trying to prevent his progress. This blatant misrepresentation by the MSM NBC News is disappointing and makes me question ALL their reporting...

NBC Nightly News showed a very brief partial clip and claimed " in conservative led Iowa, a truck plowed through a crowd of abortion rights activists. " The video appeared to show a truck slowly moving to the side while the " activists " had their hands on the hood like they were pushing against the truck while others chased it, latching on to the open window, mirror and tailgate, trying to prevent his progress. This blatant misrepresentation by the MSM NBC News is disappointing and makes me question ALL their reporting...

ABC nightly news showed a video. The video makes the protesters look really dumb.

Even IF that was the case? It's a truck vs. Pedestrians. You're only allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself. Wrong side my man.
Was he trying to defend himself or evade the situation? Evading is always an option.

Plus, there is the riot law thingy.

On more than one occasion I've had motercycle guys block intersection so their group could go through... Benton County, Trump country. Would I have a legitimate right to run them down? Even though they were breaking traffic laws? You're all insane.

Who said anything about being legally able to run anyone down? Of course not. I’m just not sure that happened here. No video shows this, but i did see people standing in front of the truck and backing up like they thought it was their job to prohibit a three ton vehicle from using the roadway like inconsiderate pricks.

You should be able to drive around someone on a motorcycle or walking in the street that is illegally obstructing traffic for their own moronic purposes.

Didn’t anyone teach these people not to play in traffic or to get out of the intersection by the time the light turned green? Apparently no. Maybe we need some Public Service Announcements that these protestors illegal actions cause dangerous situations to arise.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

Bingo! Our local elected officials are lying to the public to score political points. Disgusting.

Page 16 of the Iowa DMV manual. It's a pdf download. Greenlight can't proceed until intersection is clear of pedestrians and vehicles.
Pedestrians do not = protesters. They went out of their way to impede the truck from going about his day. Clearly he could have plowed them all if he had such intent. He proceeded slowly as they grabbed and clung at his vehicle...

ADVERTISEMENT