ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids PD Confirm Elected Officials Misrepresented Events at Abortion Rally

So we were told a liberal went slightly outside societal norms and a conservative mowed them down with a big ass pickup… and people on both sides of this were defending it

And in reality it was just a slight dust up in a stressful situation where both sides overreacted…

Hmmmm

This video literally show a woman running from the side of the truck directly in front of it and pushing on the front hood.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

It also shows the woman who fell on the ground made clear punching motions into the window of the truck. The woman should be charged with assault and battery.

So we were told a liberal went slightly outside societal norms and a conservative mowed them down with a big ass pickup… and people on both sides of this were defending it

And in reality it was just a slight dust up in a stressful situation where both sides overreacted…

Hmmmm
Truck vs. Human... Read your post. Dude could have so easily actually injured someone... By the grace of bealzibub major harm was avoided.

Truck vs. Human... Read your post. Dude could have so easily actually injured someone... By the grace of bealzibub major harm was avoided.

Eh…. That’s always part of the story though. It was a misunderstanding, blown out of proportion and the conservative was still over the line (and the aggressor)

Could have pulled a U turn... Or taken a left or right and doven down a few blocks. You're the problem.
How do you turn if the intersection is blocked at the crosswalk? U turn? I dunno, wasn't there. He attempted to go and, again, we don't know how much care he did or didn't exercise.

Reactions: Gimmered
Who said anything about being legally able to run anyone down? Of course not. I’m just not sure that happened here. No video shows this, but i did see people standing in front of the truck and backing up like they thought it was their job to prohibit a three ton vehicle from using the roadway like inconsiderate pricks.

You should be able to drive around someone on a motorcycle or walking in the street that is illegally obstructing traffic for their own moronic purposes.

Didn’t anyone teach these people not to play in traffic or to get out of the intersection by the time the light turned green? Apparently no. Maybe we need some Public Service Announcements that these protestors illegal actions cause dangerous situations to arise.
You are making a lot of assumptions.

Reactions: darylhawk
How do you turn if the intersection is blocked at the crosswalk? U turn? I dunno, wasn't there. He attempted to go and, again, we don't know how much care he did or didn't exercise.
He pulled out of traffic in initial reports. Either way. That's not how an adult acts and you know it you disingenuous cuss.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky
He pulled out of traffic in initial reports. Either way. That's not how an adult acts and you know it you disingenuous cuss.

Adults also teach their children not to jump in front of trucks because they are having a pissy pants moment during a protest.

All the parents walking their kids into the street against the red light should be ashamed of themselves. Bad parenting and sends the wrong message.

At what God damn point is someone responsible for their own ****ing actions?

That stupid woman was basically running with the bulls in Pamplona and you're crying that the bull was the 'bad guy'

Bunch of fricken whiners looking for sympathy when none is warranted
It's not a bull, it's a grown man, unless you're insinuating that a grown man can't be trusted to control his emotions.

At what God damn point is someone responsible for their own ****ing actions?

That stupid woman was basically running with the bulls in Pamplona and you're crying that the bull was the 'bad guy'

Bunch of fricken whiners looking for sympathy when none is warranted

Whoa… the guy driving a truck was clearly full of rage and stupid, but comparing him to a bull is out of line

It's not a bull, it's a grown man, unless you're insinuating that a grown man can't be trusted to control his emotions.
Whoa… the guy driving a truck was clearly full of rage and stupid, but comparing him to a bull is out of line
If he was full or rage and stupid there would've been a few dead bodies on the street.

This moronic protester first stepped in front and tried to impede the truck while the truck moves slowly down the road and when that obviously wasn't going to work, she then thought she could do some f****** damage from the side to the truck and fell down.

She's an idiot, but sure, go ahead and spin it so you feel better about yourself.

You're basically equating what this guy did to the what the guy in Charlottesville did, and that's blatant BS

If he was full or rage and stupid there would've been a few dead bodies on the street.

This moronic protester first stepped in front and tried to impede the truck while the truck moves slowly down the road and when that obviously wasn't going to work, she then thought she could do some f****** damage from the side to the truck and fell down.

She's an idiot, but sure, go ahead and spin it so you feel better about yourself.

You're basically equating what this guy did to the what the guy in Charlottesville did, and that's blatant BS
I didn't equate anything, you're the one who likened the driver to an animal.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
Adults also teach their children not to jump in front of trucks because they are having a pissy pants moment during a protest.

All the parents walking their kids into the street against the red light should be ashamed of themselves. Bad parenting and sends the wrong message.
And that's reason to run them down? Get ahold of yourself. There's obviously no reasoning with you but you understand. You just don't care.

And how do adult pedestrians act? Mindful of the fact that they may be impeding a line of cars which now have the right of way?

IF those cars had waited three lights without moving I tend to think - but certainly not sure - that no, the pedestrians were paying no regard to the traffic.

I am not for someone purposefully hitting someone even they can avoid them, but I can’t stand protests in the streets, where protestors think they are more important than other people who have shit to do and places to go. Protest until your heart is content on sidewalks and designate areas.
Seems very simple to me. Don't walk around in traffic, don't get hit by traffic. If there's a picture of someone under a truck on the sidewalk, then let's talk. Otherwise I basically assume two parties aggressed each other and the vehicle will always physically win despite the political ramifica

Reactions: KFsdisciple
And how do adult pedestrians act? Mindful of the fact that they may be impeding a line of cars which now have the right of way?

IF those cars had waited three lights without moving I tend to think - but certainly not sure - that no, the pedestrians were paying no regard to the traffic.
To be clear. You think waiting for three (or 4 or 100 or a thousand for that matter) lights to change is cause for use of potential deadly force? That's what you're saying?

Reactions: Moral and 3boysmom
And that's reason to run them down? Get ahold of yourself. There's obviously no reasoning with you but you understand. You just don't care.

No one got run down. We do have video evidence in this thread that a woman ran up to a moving truck in the middle of the street and punched the driver.

What was her reasoning to assault a driver in a moving vehicle?

Does she bear any responsibility for her own actions?

This was the woman who fell to the ground after committing assault on the driver.

To be clear. You think waiting for three (or 4 or 100 or a thousand for that matter) lights to change is cause for use of potential deadly force? That's what you're saying?
Can you hear yourself? The bias in that statement?

A vehicle can be used as deadly force, or it can be used as a ... .... vehicle.

There would be some body bags if he was intent on using deadly force. Otoh, still possible he was reckless, and still possible the protesters were reckless. But you're just bound and determined for your verdict to prevail ... right now!

To be clear, you continue to misrepresent what actually occurred.

You are acting as if he flew thru a red light and rammed full speed ahead thru a group of orphans singing Kumbaya around a campfire.

I think you're needed in the other thread as an example of what's wrong with this country

To be clear, you continue to misrepresent what actually occurred.

You are acting as if he flew thru a red light and rammed full speed ahead thru a group of orphans singing Kumbaya around a campfire.

I think you're needed in the other thread as an example of what's wrong with this country
Isn't there a thread about a guy shot in the head by a pellet gun and almost died? Yeah, it was potentially dangerous.

I just don't understand how people end up like you. I'm sorry.

How would you take a left right or U turn in traffic? I you turn right you would have to jump the curb. You turn left you hit other cars. U turns are illegal.
I'm from CR. I know that exact intersect. Sit this one out

And in driver's Ed I remember 'pedestrian always has the right of way"

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Isn't there a thread about a guy shot in the head by a pellet gun and almost died? Yeah, it was potentially dangerous.

I just don't understand how people end up like you. I'm sorry.
Stunning retort. Sheer brilliance.

If you've watched the multiple videos out there and continue to come to the conclusion you have you are lost. Plain and simple. Reasoning is beyond you.

Stunning retort. Sheer brilliance.

If you've watched the multiple videos out there and continue to come to the conclusion you have you are lost. Plain and simple. Reasoning is beyond you.

Well that settles it, you live there and know the street. Why didn't you say so in the first place? This changes everything
I know a competent driver in a broad intersect could have pulled a U or 3 point turn.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyecurtis81
ADVERTISEMENT