ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids PD Confirm Elected Officials Misrepresented Events at Abortion Rally

Lyz Lenz - Liar
Ashley Varney - Liar
Stacey Walker - Liar

What is the impeachment process for these two?

Single Pedestrian Injured After Vehicle Contact During Friday Night Protest

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (Friday, June 24, 2022 - 9:55 p.m.)

Cedar Rapids, IA – At approximately 7:17 p.m. on Friday, June 24, 2022, a single pedestrian was injured by contact with a vehicle in the area of 8th Avenue and 2nd Street SE in Cedar Rapids.

Preliminary investigations indicate a group of protesters were attempting to legally cross the street in front of the Federal Courthouse when the traffic lights changed, giving right of way to vehicles on 8th Avenue. Following verbal confrontations between the protestors and a driver, contact was made between a vehicle and one of the pedestrians.

Cedar Rapids Police quickly responded to the scene. The injured pedestrian was interviewed on-scene by CRPD and then taken by private vehicle to a local hospital for evaluation. The driver of the vehicle was also voluntarily interviewed by Cedar Rapids Police.

Injury to the pedestrian appears to be minor. Cedar Rapids Police are canvasing the scene to obtain potential surveillance video and more information will be made available when possible.

###

Disclaimer: Any arrest and complaint information included above is based on the legal conclusion that, as with any criminal case, a charge is merely an accusation and a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.
Wtf did you find that at?

What? If you are in the middle of a crosswalk when the light turns you are not a jaywalker.
Yes and if I'm driving into the intersection and the light turns yellow I can proceed through the intersection but if I slow to a crawl and take all the time to the point that the light recycles and all the cross traffic has to wait for me, then the traffic behind me follows my lead, then cross traffic can never move. Legal according to you...

You seemed to believe it was. I was saying in this thread to wait until more facts came out. You apparently can't. The police have stated that the protestors were crossing legally.
Where did I say it was complete? I took what I saw and what I know about protests and have my view of what happened

Yes and if I'm driving into the intersection and the light turns yellow I can proceed through the intersection but if I slow to a crawl and take all the time to the point that the light recycles and all the cross traffic has to wait for me, then the traffic behind me follows my lead, then cross traffic can never move. Legal according to you...
Do you know this happened?

There were reports of cars waiting for three green / red light changes before this incident took place.

The protestors must have believed they were entitled to obstruct traffic at their convenience. Of course they have no such right to do so. But they think they do. Why?

Some of them appear to have taken it upon themselves to play traffic cop and jump in front of and stay in front of a moving truck while the truck had the green light. Not smart.
Holding up traffic just like the Freedom(sic) truckers did.

To be fair, people in general have an annoying tendency to walk where they want regardless of traffic, expecting the cars will move for them. Not really specific to protestors.

no idea what truly happened here, where this driver was trying to edge his way thru a crowd that was barely paying attention to traffic as they crossed streets, if people legit jumped in front of the truck, etc. likely a lot of stupid involved overall.
Yes to people in general walking around obliviously and to likely a lot of stupid overall.

The Sam's Club here is so busy there is many times a continuous stream in and out of the store. To negotiate this I'll have to start, stop, wave someone or some family through, swing a little bit out or in ....

But I guarantee if some contact was ever made it would be them walking into my stopped vehicle. I'm that cautious as many other drivers must be who do the same. Pedestrians increasingly are alarmingly oblivious, especially the cell phone addicted.

The 2021 “ back the blue “ law gives drivers immunity when moving through protesters if they use due caution as he did. The law is on the side of the truck driver…

Last edited:
The 2021 “ back the blue “ law give drivers immunity when moving through protesters if they use due caution as he did. The law is on the side of the truck driver…
I know. There is a law specifically crafted for this situation and precious little of it has been mentioned.

Sounds like all the news outlet jumping to conclusions with their sensational headlines will make some lawyer wealthy with a libel lawsuit.

Yes to people in general walking around obliviously and to likely a lot of stupid overall.

The Sam's Club here is so busy there is many times a continuous stream in and out of the store. To negotiate this I'll have to start, stop, wave someone or some family through, swing a little bit out or in ....

But I guarantee if some contact was ever made it would be them walking into my stopped vehicle. I'm that cautious as many other drivers must be who do the same. Pedestrians increasingly are alarmingly oblivious, especially the cell phone addicted.

Sure thing. Drivers also have a tendency to be oblivious also or likewise expected pedestrians to get out of the way.

I know. There is a law specifically crafted for this situation and precious little of it has been mentioned.

Has this law, or others like it elsewhere been challenged yet? I question whether or not driver who deliberately drives into a crowd of protestors on a street could really be legally justified in doing so.

Watching that truck move in slow.motion with people running over to it and deliberately obstructing it's path ensures this dude never gets convicted of anything by a jury. He should absolutely demand one of it should proceed to that rather than settling out for some face saving charge from the prosecutor or police

Not sure the driver is a good person but this video demonstrates quite effectively why the democrats are going to get their asses handed to them in November. The reaction by the left is pure gaslighting. People remember the blm riots and the behavior like this from the left. They are done with it. The district attorney on San Francisco just found out and so will the rest of the left this fall

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT