ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids PD Confirm Elected Officials Misrepresented Events at Abortion Rally

Watching that truck move in slow.motion with people running over to it and deliberately obstructing it's path ensures this dude never gets convicted of anything by a jury. He should absolutely demand one of it should proceed to that rather than settling out for some face saving charge from the prosecutor or police

Not sure the driver is a good person but this video demonstrates quite effectively why the democrats are going to get their asses handed to them in November. The reaction by the left is pure gaslighting. People remember the blm riots and the behavior like this from the left. They are done with it. The district attorney on San Francisco just found out and so will the rest of the left this fall

Honestly, the fact that anyone anywhere is forming political opinions based on something like this is as stupid as trying to stop a moving truck with you shoulder.

doesn't there need to be an actual injury for lawsuit as well? I mean if I get rear ended in my car, I can't sue if I have no injuries. Or can I say I emotional injuries
I would think so too. No harm, no foul kinda deal, to use a common phrase.

The lawyer did bring up the question of leaving the scene of an accident. Not sure how the civil immunity granted by the new law could help in a criminal charge like leaving the scene. Otoh, the whole point of the new law seems to be about evading, i.e., not hanging around.

Reactions: bdg8
I would think so too. No harm, no foul kinda deal, to use a common phrase.

The lawyer did bring up the question of leaving the scene of an accident. Not sure how the civil immunity granted by the new law could help in a criminal charge like leaving the scene. Otoh, the whole point of the new law seems to be about evading, i.e., not hanging around.
I am sure any good lawyer could say he feared for his personal safety and get him off leaving the scene.

From that video the truck driver would get a not guilty from me all day any day. Even leaving the scene as I’m not sure he even would have known anyone was “injured”.
I don't doubt merely saying "I didn't know" or "I didn't think" anyone was injured is a viable defense by itself.

I don't doubt merely saying "I didn't know" or "I didn't think" anyone was injured is a viable defense by itself.
Judging by how fast he was going I think it’s a possibility he didn’t think an “accident” even occurred. People came up slapping his truck and he proceeded at about 3 MPH and no one got run over (thud-thud).

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Judging by how fast he was going I think it’s a possibility he didn’t think an “accident” even occurred. People came up slapping his truck and he proceeded at about 3 MPH and no one got run over (thud-thud).
I kinda think that charge wouldn't even be made. But if it were, with people falling about his truck he would have to offer some form of defense it seems. As mentioned by global, fear for his own safety seems quite plausible.

But I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, just my lay opinions.

If you reread my posts I agreed that the protestors were in the wrong. You jumped in trying to be a dick. STFU.
Well, maybe I do have a reading comprehension issue, because I read it as a good lawyer could get him off with “fearing for life” but not the leaving the scene.

What does that have to do with anything?
My lord you don't even comprehend what you write. I guess I'm not that surprised.

"Do you think that this only happens in liberal media"

Me responding to that but of wisdom that the vast majority of media is left or liberal is self explanatory.

My lord you don't even comprehend what you write. I guess I'm not that surprised.

"Do you think that this only happens in liberal media"

Me responding to that but of wisdom that the vast majority of media is left or liberal is self explanatory.
Just want to get this straight. Only liberal media embellishes a story? Fox News and NewsMax don't?

What kind of person sticks up for someone who purposely runs other people over because they didn't fully finish crossing a street before the light changed? Politics has gotten way out of hand to defend something like this cause it's someone who's on your "team"

Nicely embellished. Unfortunately, that's not what happened.

This looks like a big nothing burger to me... children playing in the street, a driver peacefully and patriotically driving through. play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Lyz Lenz - Liar
Ashley Varney - Liar
Stacey Walker - Liar

What is the impeachment process for these two?

Single Pedestrian Injured After Vehicle Contact During Friday Night Protest

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (Friday, June 24, 2022 - 9:55 p.m.)

Cedar Rapids, IA – At approximately 7:17 p.m. on Friday, June 24, 2022, a single pedestrian was injured by contact with a vehicle in the area of 8th Avenue and 2nd Street SE in Cedar Rapids.

Preliminary investigations indicate a group of protesters were attempting to legally cross the street in front of the Federal Courthouse when the traffic lights changed, giving right of way to vehicles on 8th Avenue. Following verbal confrontations between the protestors and a driver, contact was made between a vehicle and one of the pedestrians.

Cedar Rapids Police quickly responded to the scene. The injured pedestrian was interviewed on-scene by CRPD and then taken by private vehicle to a local hospital for evaluation. The driver of the vehicle was also voluntarily interviewed by Cedar Rapids Police.

Injury to the pedestrian appears to be minor. Cedar Rapids Police are canvasing the scene to obtain potential surveillance video and more information will be made available when possible.

###

Disclaimer: Any arrest and complaint information included above is based on the legal conclusion that, as with any criminal case, a charge is merely an accusation and a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.
I count three

Reactions: lucas80
I would say every news outlet that I’ve read or watched has embellished news yes. But there are more mainstream liberal media so I would agree they’re more influential.
I never understood this argument. This "reporter" is independent and probably trying to get clicks. MSN is more influential than FoxNews on their believers?

Police finish their investigation and send it to the Black Hawk County Attorney? Why not Linn County?
That does seem like an odd move certainly. Could it be one of the parties involved is a resident of Black Hawk County? it still doesn't make sense to me though.

Odd take that you want to pre-meditatively kill protestors with your car...

But REPORTED so that LE can access this post in the case of some future event in FL... 😎
its the law in florida... if you're blocking the street during a protest you can drive through it... its how we keep the nonsense out of the sunshine state.

Call the cops, they will just laugh at you

we call it the play stupid games win stupid prizes law.

Last edited:
It is disgusting that some trolls on here, and increasingly fascist, want to justify the use of a vehicle as a weapon by explaining that, as they claim, vehicles had to wait for a couple of minutes at a traffic light.

I suggest they read one of the great Americans and great humans of all time.

And I suggest that they put themselves in the position of a teenager who becomes pregnant and has lost the right to choose what to do with her body and the rest of her life. All because some right wing fascists want to shove their fascist ideology down everyone’s throats.

ADVERTISEMENT