ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S U C K S ! ! ! ! !

If you don't live in Cedar Rapids, ignore the ticket. I've gotten two of them over the last three years, paid none of them, and got my state tax refund each year.
Hmmm, you got lucky. I bet the refund was during the window in time they had been shut down. I dont live in CR and I received a letter my refund was being held bc of it. Would have been either 2016 or possibly 17, cant recall.

I know this has been viewed as completely legal by the higher courts. However, I can't understand how this ever makes it past this countries presumption of innocence until proven guilty and conviction beyond a reasonable doubt.

1. How can it be legal to serve the person who the vehicle is registered to without confirming the driver? It's different if the county sheriff showed up to confirm my citation.
2. If I wear a ski mask and they can't identify the driver can they still send a ticket?
3. How can you use the sixth amendment to cross examine the witness against you.
4. Facial recognition software has a 97.25% accuracy. That leaves 2.75% inaccurate and the assumption that I'm driving my own vehicle seems circumstantial.

Civil infractions are not based on beyond a reasonable doubt, there are different levels of burden in civil and criminal cases.

In civil cases the term they use is beyond a preponderance of evidence, which may be where they get their standing to send the ticket to the vehicle owner as opposed to the person driving the car.

I know this has been viewed as completely legal by the higher courts. However, I can't understand how this ever makes it past this countries presumption of innocence until proven guilty and conviction beyond a reasonable doubt.

1. How can it be legal to serve the person who the vehicle is registered to without confirming the driver? It's different if the county sheriff showed up to confirm my citation.
2. If I wear a ski mask and they can't identify the driver can they still send a ticket?
3. How can you use the sixth amendment to cross examine the witness against you.
4. Facial recognition software has a 97.25% accuracy. That leaves 2.75% inaccurate and the assumption that I'm driving my own vehicle seems circumstantial.

If you park illegally in any city in America you might get a ticket. A cop doesnt have to see you personally park the car. The are ticketing the car, but you pay the fine, because it's your car, even if someone else parked it there.

I think the city should put yellow signs on both sides of the highway and attatach 2 red flags to each sign...and maybe even another sign below the yellow sign stating the the limit is photo enforced....oh wait they already do that.

If you want your state tax refund, I'd suggest paying it. Sockcuckers refused to give me mine until I paid a couple yrs ago.

Don't you know you aren't supposed to be getting a refund? If you set up your withholding correctly, this never would have happened.

If you EVER find our tailgate, or just stumble through...……… I'm gonna spit in your face and have Mrs. Herk kick your ass. :mad::mad::mad:

@torbee, I'll give you directions

Reactions: Herkmeister
If you EVER find our tailgate, or just stumble through...……… I'm gonna spit in your face and have Mrs. Herk kick your ass. :mad::mad::mad:
source.gif

I just got another one of their photo speeding tickets. $100 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What happens if I don't pay it? Do they eventually take my fat ass to court? These things are legal theft.

Even Donald J. Trump wonders why these assholes steal from the public. Cedar Rapids should be ashamed.

ad2efee4b33814909dec413716a11314d94ecb33.jpeg
I got one of those three years ago right after Labor Day when my wife borrowed my car to bring her brother to Iowa City.

I threw it in the trash, as well as all the subsequent ones that also upped the ante with threats of legal action. Never had any tax refunds held up and the letters eventually stopped.

F*#k those communist bastards and stay strong, my friend. :cool:

The speed cameras are great, slow the f*** down people.

They do nothing but create revenue. I live in Cedar Rapids. I slow to 60 mph as I approach the first camera on 380. Then I accelerate to 70-75. I again slow to 60 as I pass under the second camera. Then back to 70-75. Just like everyone else during morning and afternoon rush.

Reactions: Irwin Fletcher10
I just got another one of their photo speeding tickets. $100 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What happens if I don't pay it? Do they eventually take my fat ass to court? These things are legal theft.

Even Donald J. Trump wonders why these assholes steal from the public. Cedar Rapids should be ashamed.

How fast were you going?

(I'm just trying to figure out what's safe next time I go through there. tia!)

I’ve received two from speed cameras in Des Moines and paid neither of them ... No tax deductions... They simply stopped sending me reminders to pay. Doesn’t impact my insurance ... Des Moines has many, many people who simply don’t pay ... me included

Don't you know you aren't supposed to be getting a refund? If you set up your withholding correctly, this never would have happened.

@torbee, I'll give you directions

That's pretty much impossible in Iowa where you have to pass through about 9 million different tax brackets. I'm really not crapping you, there's literally 4 different marginal tax brackets below $6392 income. If every dime of your household's taxable income comes from one single source, you might get it pretty close to right.

Because they rigged the system and adjudicate thisnin civil court rather than criminal court

As others have rightly said, don't pay it. I shredded two as well as the two subsequent 'late penalty' reminders.

How could they ever prove I even received the notices?

I will also say slow down to 9 over, not that big of a deal - I'm just firmly on the side of cameras should be illegal for a myriad of reasons. The most egregious of these reasons is that 30-50 percent of the fine goes to the ****ing camera company (depending on the jurisdiction).

We already have a police force, we don't need a private police force getting rich off unjust laws. The Chicago bribery case involving Redflex...the same company that has cameras in Sioux City is enough to make me know this whole system is corrupt.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...s-lawsuit-settled-met-20170206-story,amp.html

Lemme guess: You were going north on I-380 and had just gotten through the S-curves in the middle of town across the river.

They do nothing but create revenue. I live in Cedar Rapids. I slow to 60 mph as I approach the first camera on 380. Then I accelerate to 70-75. I again slow to 60 as I pass under the second camera. Then back to 70-75. Just like everyone else during morning and afternoon rush.
Yes they do create revenue and that’s awesome. I go 60 the whole way through town because there’s no reason to go 70.

If you want your state tax refund, I'd suggest paying it. Sockcuckers refused to give me mine until I paid a couple yrs ago.

Really? I had two a few years ago that I never paid and received my refund

What time do you drive through in the morning? I go through at 7:45 and have to dodge around traffic to try to get up to 60 going through downtown. I would almost prefer to have the cameras check for people in the left lane driving the speed limit and issue them tickets.

Reactions: torbee and nck24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT