ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S U C K S ! ! ! ! !

What time do you drive through in the morning? I go through at 7:45 and have to dodge around traffic to try to get up to 60 going through downtown. I would almost prefer to have the cameras check for people in the left lane driving the speed limit and issue them tickets.
That’s me muther tucker

What time do you drive through in the morning? I go through at 7:45 and have to dodge around traffic to try to get up to 60 going through downtown. I would almost prefer to have the cameras check for people in the left lane driving the speed limit and issue them tickets.

That is my experience as well. I drive through downtown nearly every day and the avg speed is around 60. Much slower than the pre camera days. Money grab? Every city in America enforces its speed laws with a fine. You can stick it to the man by slowing down and cutting off that revenue.

Everyone should know. And if you aren't sure, there are signs posted along the road right before you get to the cameras letting you know that you are approaching them.
Gonna get political. You expect a Trump fanatic to read?

I know this has been viewed as completely legal by the higher courts. However, I can't understand how this ever makes it past this countries presumption of innocence until proven guilty and conviction beyond a reasonable doubt.

1. How can it be legal to serve the person who the vehicle is registered to without confirming the driver? It's different if the county sheriff showed up to confirm my citation.
2. If I wear a ski mask and they can't identify the driver can they still send a ticket?
3. How can you use the sixth amendment to cross examine the witness against you.
4. Facial recognition software has a 97.25% accuracy. That leaves 2.75% inaccurate and the assumption that I'm driving my own vehicle seems circumstantial.

1. It's a fine against the vehicle owner, not the driver.
2. See #1
3. You haven't been charged with a crime. It's a simple fine, like a parking ticket
4. See #1

The driver hasn't been charged with a crime, and it does not appear on a driving record. The cameras are set to 68 mph in a 55 zone, the camera area is about 1 or 2 miles. Is it possible to slow down to only 12 mph over the speed limit for 2 miles?

giphy.gif

:D:D:D:D:D

That is my experience as well. I drive through downtown nearly every day and the avg speed is around 60. Much slower than the pre camera days. Money grab? Every city in America enforces its speed laws with a fine. You can stick it to the man by slowing down and cutting off that revenue.
I've gotten three tickets from the cameras. I'm a slower learner than I am a driver, OK? But I think they're a good thing. That stretch of road is a killer, especially in bad weather, and there are just enough dumbasses to make it dangerous for everybody else. It's very clearly marked, both as to the speed limit and that there are cameras. And they don't ticket you unless you're at least 12 mph over the limit.

The trick is that the camera on the northbound lane is farther from the turn than you expect. You come out of the turn, see the road stretching ahead, and naturally speed up. Ooops.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I've gotten three tickets from the cameras. I'm a slower learner than I am a driver, OK? But I think they're a good thing. That stretch of road is a killer, especially in bad weather, and there are just enough dumbasses to make it dangerous for everybody else. It's very clearly marked, both as to the speed limit and that there are cameras. And they don't ticket you unless you're at least 12 mph over the limit.

The trick is that the camera on the northbound lane is farther from the turn than you expect. You come out of the turn, see the road stretching ahead, and naturally speed up. Ooops.

The cameras in the northbound lanes are north of H Ave and there are signs with orange flags warning you of this. Also, aren't you like 90 years old? Slow down

Do you live in the same Cedar Rapids that I do? I'm on I-380 at 6:30 AM.

What is the speed limit in the left lane?

I just got another one of their photo speeding tickets. $100 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What happens if I don't pay it? Do they eventually take my fat ass to court? These things are legal theft.

Even Donald J. Trump wonders why these assholes steal from the public. Cedar Rapids should be ashamed.

ad2efee4b33814909dec413716a11314d94ecb33.jpeg
Obey the goddam law and you won't have a problem.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I just got another one of their photo speeding tickets. $100 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What happens if I don't pay it? Do they eventually take my fat ass to court? These things are legal theft.

Even Donald J. Trump wonders why these assholes steal from the public. Cedar Rapids should be ashamed.

the simplest way to avoid them is not to speed. But let's blame CR

So, you think you have a license to speed more than 11 mph over the limit through town? Idiot. Pay your fine, slow down and shut the eff up, Simon Conway.:p:p:p:p:p:p

Want to see the sentiment from the cities that employ these cameras change overnight? Have all the money go to the state road or education fund.

Set aside all other arguments, does anyone really trust the honesty of a speed camera company? How long before some story breaks about them fixing the cameras to give a false positive every so often? They already have been caught doing it on red lights by shortening the yellow light time to dangerous levels in a town in California. The town in California went bankrupt and a result of that game due to lawsuits.

Had to track this thread down. I just got two in the mail from the weekend of the first Iowa game (surprised it takes 10 weeks). Damn, my wife and I must be blind as I didn’t think these were up anymore and didn’t notice signs. My fault of course. Guarantee Friday’s was accurate as I was getting rather thirsty by then. That said, my wife drives on Sunday’s, as every Sunday during football season is Shabbos to me, and I don’t think she has ever driven 75 mph, let alone in a 55mph.

ADVERTISEMENT