ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Cedrick Lattimore off to a good start

Apr 8, 2003
Rivals.com's Andrew Ivins was nice enough to get a little post game Q&A with Cedrick Lattimore for us tonight.

--

Iowa commit Cedrick Lattimore got his senior season off to a good start with a 55-yard touchdown catch on offense and a couple tackles and a sack on defense in East English Village's 56-20 win over Walled Lake Central on Thursday night. After the game, the 6-foot-4, 251-pound Lattimore talked to Rivals.com about his performance, his future with the Hawkeyes, and much more.

Q: Great game first off. How did it feel to get out there and play? You caught a touchdown and had a sack tonight and what else?

LATTIMORE: I had a couple tackles too. It was wonderful to get out there and show my skills and show what I can do.

Q: Obviously you are committed to Iowa. What's the relationship like with Iowa right now?

LATTIMORE: Right now, I'm solid with Iowa. I really love it out there.

Q: How much are you talking to the staff and what is that relationship like?

LATTIMORE: I talk to the staff a lot.

Q: Have you set a visit to go out there?

LATTIMORE: I'm going to set my visit probably in January. It will be after the season.

Q: Any other schools kind of kick the tires and reach out to you or anything like that?

LATTIMORE: Pretty much just Minnesota and Cincinnati. That's pretty much it.

Q: But you're solid to Iowa? Do you think there's a chance you might pop in to see one of those other schools?

LATTIMORE: No. Probably take a visit, but I'm solid with Iowa.

Q: Are you talking to a lot of the other commits at Iowa?

LATTIMORE: Yeah, I talk to a lot of the commits at Iowa - Toren Young and of course my teammate,Chauncey Golston.

Q: It seems like Iowa has done really well and filled up their class kind of early and got a lot of defensive ends with you two and Romeo McKnight. How are they getting it done?

LATTIMORE: You know, what it is, is we're going to bring it together when we get to Iowa. That's pretty much what we're going to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.