ADVERTISEMENT

Cedrick Lattimore: "The kid has played really, really well in his first NFL game."

I wasn't even paying attention. That is awesome!
giphy.gif

Lattimore got overlooked with the success AJ had. People were also excited to see the upcoming of Nixon so he kind of slid through the cracks...I remember reading articles about Lattimore the summer before his senior year on how great he had been playing and how he was pretty much unblockable.

He had a great debut, his dad was pretty stoked.
Landing on a practice squad can get you to the league if you continue to improve and/or guys ahead of get hurt or the Covid.

What's the pay range for somebody who spends an entire season on the practice squad?
Follow-up question - what would playoff game pay be for CL?
Regardless, it's got to be rewarding for all the hard work he's put in since what, August?

Landing on a practice squad can get you to the league if you continue to improve and/or guys ahead of get hurt or the Covid.

What's the pay range for somebody who spends an entire season on the practice squad?
Follow-up question - what would playoff game pay be for CL?
Regardless, it's got to be rewarding for all the hard work he's put in since what, August?
I want to say the pay (going off another Hawkeye that played for the Jets) was around 400k for the year on practice.

Minimum salary of $8,000 per week on a Practice Squad. One would earn a minimum of $136,000 over the full regular season if he keeps his spot on the practice squad. Obviously a big bump if you get promoted to the active roster. League Minimum is around $400k as mentioned above.

Reactions: INXS83
Thanks. That's not chicken feed. Who knows, maybe he can make the team next year.
If he doesn't make them (which i hope he does, he really likes it there) I don't see how a team could pass on him after that debut.

Last edited:
Here is the 411 on Futures Contracts:

Teams can sign players to futures contracts as soon as the previous regular season is over, but the contract won't count against the salary cap or 53-man limit. Instead, it'll count against the salary cap and 90-man camp limit of the following season.

In the meantime, the player goes on the reserve/futures list and can't be signed by any other team.

For the most part, they're used on players who weren't quite good enough to justify an active roster spot this season but who teams think just might be worth an active roster spot next season. In many cases, this means teams locking up players currently on their own practice squad or another team's.

Typically, futures contracts are minimum-salary deals with little or no signing bonus. Most players signed to futures contracts will be fighting for a spot in camp.

Here is the 411 on Futures Contracts:

Teams can sign players to futures contracts as soon as the previous regular season is over, but the contract won't count against the salary cap or 53-man limit. Instead, it'll count against the salary cap and 90-man camp limit of the following season.

In the meantime, the player goes on the reserve/futures list and can't be signed by any other team.

For the most part, they're used on players who weren't quite good enough to justify an active roster spot this season but who teams think just might be worth an active roster spot next season. In many cases, this means teams locking up players currently on their own practice squad or another team's.

Typically, futures contracts are minimum-salary deals with little or no signing bonus. Most players signed to futures contracts will be fighting for a spot in camp.
thanks for that

Good for Ced, that's how you stick on an NFL roster. Also good news first him is that the Seattle defense is horrendous. Much easier to make it there than on other teams.

Minimum salary of $8,000 per week on a Practice Squad. One would earn a minimum of $136,000 over the full regular season if he keeps his spot on the practice squad. Obviously a big bump if you get promoted to the active roster. League Minimum is around $400k as mentioned above.

I think I could get by o $8K per week;). Seriously, great news on Cedrick. Hope this chance turns into something big for him.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT