ADVERTISEMENT

CFB world reacts to Big Ten rule proposal

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
The Comeback

Big Ten© Provided by The Comeback
College football has yet to implement rules like the NFL has which requires teams to provide an “injury report” prior to games that includes a designation for each player before games. However, that may be changing in the Big Ten very shortly after a proposal on the matter was made on Friday.
At this moment, teams in the Big Ten are not required to submit a formal injury designation for their players. This means that opposing teams, and fans at home are often left wondering about whether certain players with an injury will take the field.
According to Action Network’s Brett McMurphy, the Big Ten has submitted a proposal that is pending approval that would require teams to release player availability reports two hours before each conference game kicks off.

It’s unclear whether this rule would go into place immediately if it is ultimately agreed upon. According to McMurphy, a source with knowledge of the situation said that they would “be shocked” if this new rule wasn’t passed.
This seems like a win-win scenario for both the teams involved in conference games and fans at home, and many are pleased that this new rule could be coming soon.

College sports just can't seem to avoid the banana peels any more.

I just can't seem to get all that excited about college sports any more. I just wish they'd simply come out and take football and basketball and spin it off away from...you know...being called "college" anything.

I'll watch Iowa football this fall - it's still the one sports season I cling to the most. But it just doesn't have the same feel to it like it did in years past.

College sports just can't seem to avoid the banana peels any more.

I just can't seem to get all that excited about college sports any more. I just wish they'd simply come out and take football and basketball and spin it off away from...you know...being called "college" anything.

I'll watch Iowa football this fall - it's still the one sports season I cling to the most. But it just doesn't have the same feel to it like it did in years past.
Well said. Ive learned to appreciate the non revenue sports. I just see CFB spinning off, and I'm like, "just do it". They're going to make in NFL lite anyway.

I'm one of those that likes FSU playing soccer, baseball and hoops in the ACC. I wish we had a D1 lacrosse team. I love that sport.

Reactions: auntie_fah
Stupid rule, let the gamblers figure it out. There isn't even a reason to be truthful. Lace em up and play!
they are not doing this out of the goodness of their heart to gamblers. They are feeding the goose that lays the golden egg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT