ADVERTISEMENT

CFN Good Read on 2022 Hawks and Game By Game Outcome Predictions

iowaflash

HR All-State
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2006
In depth, has us tying the division with Wisky but by virtue of beating them in Kinnick sends us to Indy again….

I’ll believe Minnesota beats us and we beat Wisconsin when I see it. Otherwise, I tend to agree with them.
Minnesota is due...they're gonna catch us at some point. They get us at home after we play Bucky...so it has letdown written all over it. Still...PJ can run out in front of his team all he wants... KFz owns him.

Until Sept 4th...the game I'm most concerned about is the opener. We've seen this movie before...and we all know what can happen with Kirk-ball.

In depth, has us tying the division with Wisky but by virtue of beating them in Kinnick sends us to Indy again….

Don't they also have us ranked 28th?.......

Minnesota is due...they're gonna catch us at some point. They get us at home after we play Bucky...so it has letdown written all over it. Still...PJ can run out in front of his team all he wants... KFz owns him.

Until Sept 4th...the game I'm most concerned about is the opener. We've seen this movie before...and we all know what can happen with Kirk-ball.
They could have beat us last year but honestly I think PJ is on BFs level :)

Thank you! Great read

Reactions: iowaflash

"Being due" is another one of those things we say in sports that actually means nothing. In baseball, a hitter goes 0-15 and so we say "He's due." Then he goes another 0-15. When he finally does get a hit we say, "Well, he was due."

Before Hayden Fry broke the string, Purdue had beaten Iowa TWENTY straight. After six or seven or eleven of those, people were probably saying Iowa "was due." But, as it turned out, they weren't due . . . not the eleventh, or fourteenth or twentieth game. Alas, on the twenty-first try, it turned out the Hawkeyes "were due."

So your points are well-taken, but I think the biggest thing Minnesota has going for it this year is the timing of the game, coming directly after Wisconsin, as you point out. I due believe that when you play a team matters, and win or lose vs. Wisconsin, it may be a challenge for the Hawkeyes to get their motors going in Minneapolis. But it's up to the players themselves, with help from the coaches, to make sure they're ready to play from the opening whistle. You wanna win championships, then you don't have let-downs like that. IMHO, of course.

"Being due" is another one of those things we say in sports that actually means nothing. In baseball, a hitter goes 0-15 and so we say "He's due." Then he goes another 0-15. When he finally does get a hit we say, "Well, he was due."

Before Hayden Fry broke the string, Purdue had beaten Iowa TWENTY straight. After six or seven or eleven of those, people were probably saying Iowa "was due." But, as it turned out, they weren't due . . . not the eleventh, or fourteenth or twentieth game. Alas, on the twenty-first try, it turned out the Hawkeyes "were due."

So your points are well-taken, but I think the biggest thing Minnesota has going for it this year is the timing of the game, coming directly after Wisconsin, as you point out. I due believe that when you play a team matters, and win or lose vs. Wisconsin, it may be a challenge for the Hawkeyes to get their motors going in Minneapolis. But it's up to the players themselves, with help from the coaches, to make sure they're ready to play from the opening whistle. You wanna win championships, then you don't have let-downs like that. IMHO, of course.
True, point taken. That said, the games have been close (TD or less in 5 of the last 7) so it's reasonable to think at some point they'll win one. They've shown they can compete with Iowa.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT