ADVERTISEMENT

CFP scenarios at their impact on Iowa's bowl

El Simbolo

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2002
I took my best stab at how the NY6 bowls would shape up for each of the 16 possible outcomes of the 4 CCG's of significance.

9KxVRHj.jpg

Takeaways:
Minus upsets (Purdue or LSU stealing bids), the the 12 teams are locked in (if you simply consider two of those teams to be "ACC champ" and "AAC champ"), except that Rose could pick Washington over Utah.
Kansas State is locked into the Sugar Bowl, win or lose.
OSU is not going to the Cotton Bowl.
USC could still (maybe) get knocked out of the NY6 entirely - if they fell below other 2 loss non-champions.
If Purdue wins, PSU is not getting in the NY6 unless LSU & USC also lose and USC drops below PSU.
If OSU doesn't make CFP and the Rose picks PSU over OSU, that will send OSU to Orange and B1G will lose the Reliaquest Bowl to the ACC. Purdue winning could also force OSU to the Orange, again losing the Reliaquest bid for the conference.
If LSU wins, and OSU is not in the CFP, the B1G and Rose could work together to make sure that LSU steals another SEC team's bid and not PSU's. The Rose could pick PSU, which would send OSU to the Orange, and either Alabama or Tennessee would be left out (and the other would be in Cotton)

I noticed a couple sites have us in the Duke's Mayo versus NC state. not too bad of a gig, considering everything that has happened this year. but I don't know if I canput much stock in what anybody is saying just yet

ADVERTISEMENT