ADVERTISEMENT

Chad's 2 deeps projection

Interesting, but I hope he does a 2.0 in the spring and we know what transfers if any we got, who leaves, etc.

most everyone seems to agree either Petras or Padilla won’t be here in May for example. So if nothing else I expect Labas to be #2 in august.

Absolutely, otherwise he is a sure starter.

He said exactly that in the column, that he thought Belton would take his shot now....
Yup, that's what he said. I was surprised he had Moss at Cash. I know that Moss is a sure tackler but I always thought of the Cash position as one for a big hitter. I was thinking Castro, Craddieth, DeJean or Merriweather, but not Moss. He's a very good cover corner.

Ceartainly should be an improvement from the OL and DL as we were young there. There will probably be some surprises not projected right now. Something not address PR and KR will Kirk use AB or KJ there?

Yup, that's what he said. I was surprised he had Moss at Cash. I know that Moss is a sure tackler but I always thought of the Cash position as one for a big hitter. I was thinking Castro, Craddieth, DeJean or Merriweather, but not Moss. He's a very good cover corner.
Moss’ tackling was very suspect the last couple of games.

Not to mention that the Cash only plays part of the time, correct? I like to see Moss on the field most of the time.

Reactions: BBHawk
Especially the last drive :(

However, that would be a pretty lock down defender on a slot. I'd rather see Jacobs. I think the opposite corner spot will be a big battle in the off season.
Jacobs isn’t fast enough to play CASH. Hence the reason he currently plays the LEO. I could see any of X, Bracy, DeJean, or Castro sliding down there.

Moss is actually a very good tackler when healthy. Imagine trying to tackle incredibly quick athletes in the open field with one bad knee. He will return to his early season form next year.

Reactions: hawk224 and BBHawk
Moss’ tackling was very suspect the last couple of games.

Moss is actually a very good tackler when healthy. Imagine trying to tackle incredibly quick athletes in the open field with one bad knee. He will return to his early season form next year.
B10 is right. 99% of the time Riley is a sure tackler. He had trouble tackling Robinson at the end of the Citrus Bowl but so did everyone. Can't get them all the time.

Not to mention that the Cash only plays part of the time, correct? I like to see Moss on the field most of the time.

Cash position is part time, but that wouldn't mean Moss would come out if we're not playing Cash. Moss would be RCB in the base 4-3, and would shift to Cash if we took a LB out (likely subbing in either Harris or Roberts and subbing out Jacobs or Benson).

After watching X today in the All American Bowl...he looks like a true safety to me...and that's where I'd play him. He was in such great position all day long, especially on deep throws guarding fast dudes. He would excel back there...but Phil will put him where he will best succeed.

I could see Castro and DeJean battling it out for the CASH spot. i think both will do well.

Pull quote:

"Petras said he would be working this offseason to become more mobile; perhaps we’ll see a sleeker version of him in the fall."

How does one work on mobility? Like mobility within the pocket?

No way pp is gonna take an AA cb and move him to a new position.

Jacobs gonna be 1st team all b1g next year anyways!

Reactions: Jonnymungo
Belton played CASH ... but when we went "big" ... he stayed on the field at safety as Jacobs played the LEO OLB spot.

I'll be curious to see how things play out. If Phil tries to bank on experience ... it's possible that Moss could shoot at the CASH spot. However, if that is to the happen ... then, if we go big ... he'd stay on the field and slide over the RCB spot.

I remember back in 2011 ... to start the season Phil gave Hyde a try at FS before it became too abundantly clear that we needed him at CB instead.

It's not absurd to think that Phil would opt for Moss, Roberts, and Harris as being DB starters.

On the flip side ... if Nwankpa and DeJean make a big surge ... like many suppose. The DB situation could get really interesting. I could see EITHER Nwankpa and DeJean as excellent CASH/safety prospects.

Lastly, Merriweather is a guy who invariably will be getting a starting nod at safety. However, will we see out of Bracy, Castro, or Schulte continue to rise and make things interesting for the other safety spot?

Bracy seemed like an intriguing guy as a TR FR. Castro is a guy who really made a great surge this past season (was a top back-up at CASH). Lastly, Schulte even got a start at safety when Koerner was out for a game ...

Definitely will be interesting to see how things shake out.

After watching X today in the All American Bowl...he looks like a true safety to me...and that's where I'd play him. He was in such great position all day long, especially on deep throws guarding fast dudes. He would excel back there...but Phil will put him where he will best succeed.

I could see Castro and DeJean battling it out for the CASH spot. i think both will do well.
Usually matching a safety on a WR is a mismatch that favors the WR. Should X be receptive to Phil's coaching ... his development could be really fun to watch. Certainly it would allow Phil to do some "tricky" match-up games ...

Unless he has a 100% recovery Moss might end up better suited to cash than cb. Second half of 2021 moss was still good but significantly slower (reaction wise) than in the first six games.
He has plenty of time to recover. His injury (posterior cruciate ligament tear) is almost always nonsurgical with a recovery time of around 3 months.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
Pull quote:

"Petras said he would be working this offseason to become more mobile; perhaps we’ll see a sleeker version of him in the fall."

Ever watch Garza doing that beach workout where he's jumping from spot to spot, over and over again...that's how you improve mobility in the pocket...and there are alot of other footwork drills.

The real problem is that you have to know how to feel pressure and not panic. Only way to work on that is to tase him when he shows panic. You could put electrodes on his balls, and every time he starts to get antsy and lose eye discipline downfield...you shock him. Trust me...he'll either improve or be sterile. Let's hope he improves.

Ever watch Garza doing that beach workout where he's jumping from spot to spot, over and over again...that's how you improve mobility in the pocket...and there are alot of other footwork drills.

The real problem is that you have to know how to feel pressure and not panic. Only way to work on that is to tase him when he shows panic. You could put electrodes on his balls, and every time he starts to get antsy and lose eye discipline downfield...you shock him. Trust me...he'll either improve or be sterile. Let's hope he improves.
That's the stupidest thing I have ever read on this site. Wow.

Reactions: Bullethawk31

Spencer's disqualifying failure is above the shoulders. I don't think it's fixable.

Sounds like you have experience. Why am I not surprised? :D

Unless he has a 100% recovery Moss might end up better suited to cash than cb. Second half of 2021 moss was still good but significantly slower (reaction wise) than in the first six games.
Why wouldn't he recover 100%? He's not 85 years old, fool.

Reactions: David1979

Solution: get rid of red jerseys in spring . We know he looks all-world in practices and warmups

Reactions: RomanHawk
Pull quote:

It's like saying J-Bo should have spent the off season working on dunking a basketball.

Reactions: David1979
It's like saying J-Bo should have spent the off season working on dunking a basketball.
Personally I think he’s focusing on the wrong thing, tho working to improve his mobility is never bad. I want him to work on making plays off-schedule. Work on making plays while moving to one side or another, has a horn sound everytime he holds on to the ball too long, etc. We know that he can make good throws when a play goes well. It’s when there’s pressure that he struggles to feel, or throwing when he doesn’t have that clean pocket that he struggles. Not sure that’s something that can be truly taught but it’s what he needs to try to improve at.

ADVERTISEMENT