ADVERTISEMENT

Challenge for Hawkeye Fans - Help bring championships back to Iowa Wrestling

Jackhawk87

HR All-American
Dec 15, 2007
So I know most of you are not huge wrestling fans, and are more likely football fans or basketball fans, but we all love to see Iowa doing well all sports. The support many of you showed at the Grapple on the Gridiron was an amazing event I will never forget.

In the last few years, Penn State has taken fundraising to a whole new level. They raised a ton of cash, hired Cael Sanderson (and other premier coaches) away from Iowa State for big $, built tremendous facilities, brought world class wrestlers to their post collegiate club to wrestle (again with big $). This helps recruit the best high school wrestlers to Penn State - which they have done unbelievably well and is why they have taken the spot at the top of the wrestling world.

Recently, there has been a ground roots effort to raise cash to do similar things at Iowa which you may have read about. There have been a couple million donated to improve the wrestling facilities and efforts on the wrestling board have raised over $125,000. This has already paid dividends as the Hawkeye Wrestling Club has hired former Iowa Wrestling great (and tremendous coach and recruiter) Mark Perry away from Illinois in the last week. It is believed that many wrestlers will follow (including NCAA champions Jesse Delgado and Isaiah Martinez). This will make the program much more attractive to HS recruits.

I know many of you wonder why Iowa is not winning NCAA championships like we used to and would love to see Iowa return to the top. This is a big reason why. Nobody is asking for huge donations, but I have seen the support you all gave the wrestling program at Grapple on the Gridiron (what an amazing event). It is a tax deductible donation. Lets support the wrestling program like it deserves. Penn St. has put their money where their mouths are and have taken over. We can lay down and accept being one of the distant contenders or we can fight back.

The place to donate is pinned to the top of the message board. Show your Hawkeye Pride!

Below is a copy of my donation and I ask you to join in making Iowa Wrestling Great Again.

This a summary of your donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Donation/Order Summary

Transaction ID : 200517A15-C04E3F71-188A-4479-A564-B843E6494C0E
Last four digits of card used : 6475

Amount Donated: $50.00

MATCH ME!

To donate:
http://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Wadukester
Kaboom!

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $50
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/20/17 10:20:30
Receipt #: 212586

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT