ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Finals Thread

Apr 8, 2003
Starting at 125

Iowa matchups tonight:

125 - #4 Thomas Gilman (IA) vs. #3 Nico Megaludis (PSU)

133 - #2 Cory Clark (IA) vs. #1 Nahshon Garrett (Cornell)

149 - #2 Brandon Sorensen (IA) vs. Zain Retherford (PSU)

Last edited:
Great effort by Thomas but I wonder about the game plan. I love the aggresseness but might not have been the opponent to go after like that. Great season for Gilman though.

Yeah scored off Gilmans shot as usual. That's what mega does though, frustrates you into making a mistake. Got to win that first scramble. Frustrated Thomas didn't work and go behinds at all out of the front headlock. Tough on mega but at least create some flurries.

Getting countered/funked on our own shot surfaces again. We don't seem to be able to turn the tables like that when a guy is in on us and we give it up a lot when we shoot.

Anywhere near a takedown? That was a scramble in the first period where Gilman was very close to getting the takedown.

Reactions: Gutt15
Just shows the world class conditioning of the Penn State athletes....just too bad it is not track and field...

Reactions: lionlover
Anywhere near a takedown? That was a scramble in the first period where Gilman was very close to getting the takedown.

You are correct here, I didn't word that well. Either way, he had 2 takedowns to 0. Stalled his butt off in the 3rd though, yes.

ADVERTISEMENT