ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Week

DavenportHawk8

HR All-American
Mar 10, 2014
My god what a fun week! There are always upsets and tough games in all conferences.

Watching the Horizon and NEC championships. Both games are playing out the same. One team got a lead and now going through a scoring drought while the other team is coming back! Robert Morris is playing tough on the road and Valpo is starting to pull away.

I love these next 3 weeks!

Ha during the NEC championship while they were at Time out the arena played Outkast! Wow what a blast from the past! thats hilarious

March is my favorite time of year. Hell, it's 70 degrees outside and the sun just went down! The basketball helps too
wink.r191677.gif

But yeah I love seeing the games in the gyms that look like they hold maybe 2,000 people crammed in there. Great energy and drama for the small schools.

South Dakota State is playing for the Summit League title tonight on ESPN2 against North Dakota State, an earlier Iowa opponent tis year.

SDSU features Florida transfer and former Hawkeye recruit Cody Larson at PF and Wisconsin transfer George Marshall at PG. They have been ripping up the league the past month.

----- the game is being played in Sioux Falls at the brand new $115M Denny Sanford Arena.
This post was edited on 3/10 8:10 PM by nu2u

Originally posted by TDGOHAWKS:
South Dakota St.'s assistant coach was my freshman baseball coach, no joke.

Have to cheer for them!

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Which coach?

BTW, I think former Badger Joe Krabbenhoft is an assistant with SDSU.

Former SDSU standout and Heelan grad Clint Sarent is Director of basketball operations for the Jack Rabbits.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Isn't Larson like a 6th year senior? He's playing well
Yeah he does a nice job throwing his weight around and drawing fouls.....

He'd fit right in on a Big Ten team.

With NDSU winning it gave Iowa another top 100 win. Iowa has faced 3 teams I know for sure that are going to the NCAA (N.Florida, NDSU, and UNI). Nice non-conf schedule set up. Just need to drop the Alcorn States and we will be good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT